Author Topic: Eligilibty scrutineer at the Nationals  (Read 71243 times)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: Eligilibty scrutineer at the Nationals
« Reply #375 on: June 26, 2009, 03:06:30 pm »
yep  they went to give him mouth to mouth  and when they went to close his nose,  it came off, and he went down like a ballon.......

74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 26, 2009, 04:28:50 pm »
OK
This is the ruling from Peter Bell, level 4 scrutineer and Clerk of Course for the Nationals.
The rule will be "as long as pegs are folding and return on there own they will pass."   
As for sidecars I don't think he cares.
Cheers
Noel   

The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies

albrid-3

« Reply #377 on: June 26, 2009, 09:21:52 pm »
I can`t get over how much bullshit can go into one set of footpegs, have any of you ridden a motorcross bike with solid footpeg and had your foot bent backwards under the solid peg, well folding pegs are a must to have and common sense.

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 26, 2009, 09:38:34 pm »
Have you people learnt nothing from the noise thread ? As a roadracer, I can tell you, and I'm sure I've mentioned it before in the decibels thread, the best thing in terms of items of contention with MA is to SHUT THE HELL UP, and it will pass quietly by. If you poke the bear, it will get angry. Stop stirring things up, turn up with a compliant bike, and get on with having a fun weekend with like-minded victims.... ::)
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

firko

« Reply #379 on: June 26, 2009, 10:30:54 pm »
can`t get over how much bullshit can go into one set of footpegs, have any of you ridden a motorcross bike with solid footpeg and had your foot bent backwards under the solid peg, well folding pegs are a must to have and common sense.
Have another read Dave. This thread has had nothing at all to do with solid footpegs. It's about whether a returning peg needs a spring or not.

albrid-3

« Reply #380 on: June 28, 2009, 09:23:57 am »
May be so Mark, as long as the pegs  returns, ( its all bullshit,) The pegs should fold and return, reguardless wheather it has a spring or not. and if the footpeg does that its legel to be used.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 06:31:58 pm by albrid-3 »

STW996

« Reply #381 on: July 01, 2009, 01:37:23 pm »
What everyone is missing is that MA are in general catering for the modern seen (be it Road or dirt) and not the Vintage movement as all modern bikes come with self returning footpegs controlled by a spring (at least all the bikes I have seen).

I feel for anyone that may (I said may) have to make changes to bikes that have run for years and all of a sudden have to be modified, as in my view that is not intended meaning of the sport.

The one thing I can't cop is the personal attacks of people or states (in this case), look VMX is on the rise in Queensland as we run good meetings (both QVMX and Brisbane) because people get out there and support the sport not just sit at a computer throwing insults at people for nothing more than there view or take of a ruling.

Qvmx and the Sunshine Coast club are the organising clubs running the meeting and have no contol over the rules set by MA or the way they are applied (be that these rules are right or wrong), if you don't like a rule go to page 41 of your manual and apply to have them changed (or in this case relaxed or clarified to suit the older bikes) via your club delegate it can be that easy.

I believe Trev (Worms) has only done one thing wrong in this thread and that was to get involved. The forum is a good tool that sometimes can be used in the wrong way and in this case I believe this is the wrong way, read the rule book you have and if you are in doubt of your machine meeting the requirments then contact your local delegate for a ruling (in writing) and bring it with you.

Let's end this nonsense now please

Shane Wilson
For Wiltec Industries
A Major sponsor of the 2009 Vintage
Australian Motocross championships
« Last Edit: July 01, 2009, 04:28:28 pm by STW996 »

magoo

« Reply #382 on: July 01, 2009, 07:39:47 pm »
Totally agree Shane. I left this post about 10 pages ago and came back today and it was like watching an episode of Days of our Lives, you can leave it for 10 years and then come back and miss nothing.

Doesn't change the fact that all Queenslanders are wankers, (except anyone involved in the running of the Nationals who could make my life difficult, then they're fine upstanding folk)

Offline DR500

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: July 01, 2009, 10:18:51 pm »
Well i have spring loaded foot pegs,but a flat slide carby on a evo bike.What the go?

Offline Graham

• A-Grade
  • Fast TT meets Drunks Hill
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: July 02, 2009, 07:41:26 am »
Dr500, I have a spare round slide off a TT 500 if you need one, PM me or see me at Double Dirt.

Graham
Grahams Transport
Major sponser of my own back yard ;D
Gosh its a shame a slow 4 stroke trail bike can go so Fast !!

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: July 02, 2009, 05:13:39 pm »

Doesn't change the fact that all Queenslanders are wankers,
One word Magoo "State of Origin" ;)

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #386 on: July 02, 2009, 06:03:55 pm »
Well i have spring loaded foot pegs,but a flat slide carby on a evo bike.What the go?

It was mentioned several pages ago that flatslides for EVO are now allowed so you should be right
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline mick25

• Legend
  • Hunter valley NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: July 02, 2009, 06:21:40 pm »
YIPEEEE I HAVE A DR 500 with a flat slide on her was going to put one of my TT500 carbs on her for the nats ,but will take it just in case :o

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #388 on: July 02, 2009, 07:54:30 pm »
yeah thats a wise move to take a round slide just incase, you never know what might happen ;)
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: July 02, 2009, 09:08:30 pm »

Doesn't change the fact that all Queenslanders are wankers

Bloody hell Magoo. Have you learnt nothing, mate ? Of course they're not, plus they've jagged CD6 and the vmx nats, that's not for nothing, mate. Why not just chill out and get stuck in ? Don't you realise.... ::) wherever the nats are each year, we have to get in and support them !! >:(
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....