Author Topic: nice 510  (Read 7044 times)

mx250

Re: nice 510
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2009, 08:16:07 pm »
He's dreaming isn't he? I'm not saying he hasn't put that plus some, but ya don't get your money back on a non-original resto no matter how nice.

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 09:18:50 pm »
Oh Marc, now I'm  Husky man and would love to own a TC510, but that resto is absolutely horrible no matter which way you look at it. It may have cost a bundle to do and probably is a rocket, but he should have kept it in at least original colors. As someone has already stated it's actually de-valued the bike rather than increase it's value. Maybe I'm being a tad harsh here but the only word that comes to mind is YUK! Each to his own though, whatever "floats your boat".
Cheers,
K

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 09:22:57 pm »
i am with michael on this one
that is a great model 8)
but
that one looks like puke ::)
should contact the bad taste police :o
follow me to first turn

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 09:51:14 pm »
I remember that bike. It was owned by Kiwi vintage racer Mark Meadows and then sold on to former Heaven racer Roy Gay and both guys were bloody fast on it. The colour scheme doesn't do it for me either.. or the price!

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 10:18:27 pm »
yeah I remember it when Mark had it. It is also photographed in one of the VMX issues. I don't know I am cool with the paint but like I said premium price.
formerly Marc.com

Offline maicomc490t

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2009, 11:51:20 pm »
Roy Gay still owns it.

I spoke to Roy today about something else and he said the bike is on there to see what interest there is - he is realistic about offers - that's why he has "make an offer" as an option.

What do the experts on here reckon it is actually worth?

Looks like a solid well sorted mount and I suspect that the colour is something to do with the '05 model - give it a respray if you don't like it, and smile  ;D

BTW - RG is not so fast now - his leg is giving him shit after he smashed it to pieces !

Dave Mac
VAPOUR (AKA HYDRA / HYDRO / AQUA / WET) BLASTING AND GENERAL ENGINEERING 0416074750 (or) [email protected]

DUCATI Parts wanted esp 450 R/T and other early models inc V-twins

BULTACO M49 parts wanted

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 10:58:58 am »
I reckon realistically it's worth about 6 or 7 grand.. It might be nice to ride for a 4 stroke when it's going but it's up against Maico 490's and YZ465 yamahas and it's no better than those to ride.

Offline maicomc490t

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 12:50:01 pm »
Saw Roy and the 510 today

I think the Husky is doing a bit better than him right now so on the health side we can only wish him a good recovery from what sounds like a very serious injury.

The bike appeared to be a pretty well sorted and in so saying if someone felt so bad about the colour it is without doubt probably the easiest of all out there to put back to it's original  WHITE - not hard at all.

How many 84 510's do we know of in OZ?

Keep the values coming - its always interesting to see what we the punters believe a bike should be worth.

Dave Mac
VAPOUR (AKA HYDRA / HYDRO / AQUA / WET) BLASTING AND GENERAL ENGINEERING 0416074750 (or) [email protected]

BULTACO M49 parts wanted

Offline Husky500evo

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2009, 10:09:52 pm »
The value of air-cooled 510 Huskys seems to depend on what part of the world you live in . In parts of Europe, these bikes are highly sought after & fetch higher prices than '81 Maico 490s. This may be because they have race classes for twinshock fourstrokes there , where you would expect this model bike to dominate . But they would also be a much rarer bike than the Maico in terms of production numbers . The motor is virtually a speedway top-end on a two stroke bottom-end , making it extremely light & powerful compared to other big bore fourstrokes. Because they were made without the rev limiter ignitions that modern  bikes have , they will rev to the moon with often catastrophic results . Considering all the ones that have been over-reved & had the motors destroyed , I would think that this would make a rare bike even rarer . To my way of thinking , the blue 510 of Roy's should be worth at least $10G & probably as much as an '81 MC490 Maico . But they just don't seem to be as appreciated as much in Australia . As far as colour schemes go , I think that a custom job can sometimes can be as good , if not better than than the factory original . The bike in this picture is a good example & I think it looks great . It lives in Cairns & won the peoples choice at the 2004 Whitsunday Classic show & shine .

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2009, 11:15:57 pm »
The trouble with those bikes is they have no oil pump, only splash feed and bottom ends don't last long. Also the ignitions are shit and fail regularly. I had one and it made an old maico look reliable

jghusky

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2009, 01:25:40 am »
That black Husky 510 must be the best husky i've ever seen.  The owner must be highly intelligent and extremely goodlooking. 

Offline maicomc490t

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2009, 07:45:25 am »
The black 510 ?

Now THAT is what I call a good colour scheme - VERY GOOD !!!

Dave Mac  :D

BULTACO M49 parts wanted

Offline Husky500evo

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2009, 08:40:42 am »
That black Husky 510 must be the best husky i've ever seen.  The owner must be highly intelligent and extremely goodlooking. 
Ha Ha  :D. Good on you John   ;D.

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2009, 09:07:31 am »
Except for the black rims.
K