Author Topic: Do you own a road bike as well?  (Read 14705 times)

Doc

Re: Do you own a road bike as well?
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2009, 02:51:38 pm »
Love your work Chris on the H100 8)

I really should put my little KH125 back together, can't think of any reason why not to and all that's missing in these current times is the seat and the chamber, I can make another :P rode it for years like this but it was always most fun when it rained, it stuck like glue! ;D

Offline asasin

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2009, 03:08:47 pm »
Very nice kwakas Doc , I ve only modern roadies(BMW Rocster for touring and GSR 600 for fun day outs) I like the mid 80's road bikes had a nice VFR 750 that won the six hour producton race for a while wouldn't mind another but price of old roadies has gone high here, still maybe not for long judging by the number of VMX bike not selling.
If in doubt ,WIND IT OUT

ChrisACT

« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2009, 03:11:20 pm »
I must admit that I didn't build that H100.  I bought it like that.  The fella that built it must have been both gifted and insane.   ;D

Actually, my H100 was scarier in the rain than the Blackbird was. It was so light (75kgs) and I weigh 90kgs, so we were pretty top heavy together.  That was really noticable in corners.  The Blackbird was a lot more planted and easier to hang off.

But in the dry, the H100 went round corners a lot quicker than the Blackbird did.

That's a very nice lookin' KH you have there.

Offline maicomc490t

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2009, 07:14:08 pm »
Answer - YEP!

Good to see some good taste in road bikes right across the spectrum - Mark take a bow for the Metralla and the Guzzi mate !

Bikes;

DUCATI; '74 750SS x 2 (one a runner the other in kit form) and a '73 750S. Other 'kits' are - '74 750S, '72 Imola racer replica, '68 350MK3D, '71 450 R/T x 2, '73 450D, '74 450D.

BMW; '66 R60/2, '74 R90S, '75 R90S x 3, '78 R100RS, '79 R100T and some others.

Bad isn't it - bloody road bikes !!!

Dave Mac  ;)
VAPOUR (AKA HYDRA / HYDRO / AQUA / WET) BLASTING AND GENERAL ENGINEERING 0416074750 (or) [email protected]

DUCATI Parts wanted esp 450 R/T and other early models inc V-twins

BULTACO M49 parts wanted

Offline maicomc490t

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2009, 07:22:59 pm »
Worse still they are OLD road bikes !!!
VAPOUR (AKA HYDRA / HYDRO / AQUA / WET) BLASTING AND GENERAL ENGINEERING 0416074750 (or) [email protected]

BULTACO M49 parts wanted

Mark Austin

« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2009, 07:43:23 pm »
Thanks Dave,

From a man with a mountain of Dukes, that's praise indeed ;)
I am Ducati less now - I had a Darmah, a 75 750 SS and a 650 Pantah, all sold now. (grumble, grumble, I should never have sold the 750SS, grumble, grumble...)

Cheers,
Mark

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2009, 08:21:09 pm »
Mark take a bow for the Metralla and the Guzzi mate !
Yep, what he said. Nice bikes all in this thread but those two took my breath away.
Sexy as!! ;) :D 8)

I'm hoping to get another roadie as a daily rider.
The moderns which appeal to me are the retro styles - the new Dukes, the new Triumphs (all retro).
I'm hoping BMW might do a retro. Luuurve the old Beemers.

and while I'm a smidge off thread I'll mention Ducati are rumoured to be building a Cruiser.
Can anyone confirm? In a different thread if you must... ;)
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline MX?

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Classic Bike Forum
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2009, 10:23:00 pm »
Crikey Dave M! That's an impressive hoard of Dukes you have there, let alone the Beemers.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2009, 08:47:22 am by MX? »

Offline maicomc490t

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2009, 11:49:20 pm »
Hi MX and thanks!

I, like most of the ladies and gents on the forum, guess that I'm addicted to bikes of virtually any persuasion or type.

When I started out my first bike was a 60's C90 steppy with all the 'good gear' removed and cheap and nasty knobbies fitted and yet I had SO MUCH fun on that bike and it's legacy has been a lifelong love of motorcycles, and in the main the people who ride / race / collect / restore them.

I'm having as much if not more fun now than I did when I was 12 !!! and still have a soft spot for anything made up to the mid eighties. Don't get me wrong here - after that period there are some BRILLIANT bikes. It's just that it was the seventies and eighties when motorcycles 'grew up' with incredible advances in technology and that time represents so many improvements or refinement of old ideas you would be hard pressed to think of them all - and I guess I grew up with them too!

Mark - if it makes you feel better I still wish I had my first 750S, '75 900SS and a beautiful '75 750SS brought back from the worst front ender imaginable to take the Ducati Concourse - now that bike was special (but sadly long gone to?) The '75 750SS's were Ducati's best. Don't panic about the past you're doing OK. lol! (BTW is that Guzzi on club or state rego?)

Wombat - go check feepay right now - some good old early BM's to be had.

Anyway - keep the pics and stories coming - this is an interesting, if not a totally dirt related thread.

Dave Mac  :D

BULTACO M49 parts wanted

gnomester

« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2009, 11:02:20 pm »
My current road bike is a.....

POSTIE........

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2009, 11:15:49 pm »
Now I might get My ebay parcells on time gnomester.
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline maicomc490t

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 20, 2009, 07:30:05 am »
Way to go gnomester - I bet that llittle beast runs on the smell of an oily rag !!!

Add another BMW - a better R100RS than the roughie i already have.

Anyone have any Norton bits they don't want by the way - a guy in qld I bought a Pursang from is a Norton nut.

Dave Mac  :D

BULTACO M49 parts wanted

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 20, 2009, 05:28:05 pm »
I have a couple of Harley, both scratch built, S&S 103 Softtail and C&J framed Buell 1200

formerly Marc.com

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 20, 2009, 09:32:22 pm »
Mmmm, love the harleys too. Not all, but most.
If I ever get the money I'll choose a 'Fat Boy'.
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 21, 2009, 01:45:49 am »
C&J Buell is a kind of dirt bike, looking forward to getting mine up and running ;)

formerly Marc.com