Author Topic: stator rewinding  (Read 18626 times)

lms6201

stator rewinding
« on: September 21, 2007, 05:59:55 am »
hi , can anyone recomend a repairer for the above ?

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
Re: stator rewinding
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2007, 08:00:51 am »
a company in victoria called "Small coil rewinds"  google returned the following below.

Small Coil Rewinds Pty Ltd
50 Edols St Geelong North VIC 3215

p: (03) 52788454  f: (03) 52721659

http://www.smallcoilrewinds.com.au

Email Small Coil Rewinds Pty Ltd

Small Coil Rewinds Pty Ltd

Small Coil Rewinds specializes in ignition repairs to motorcycles. We also have a wide range of products and services that our customers can benifit from, relating motorcycles. Please feel free to contact us via e-mail for any enquires on any of our services we offer.

In Geelong, Bert Neville of  "Small Coil Rewinds"  can rewind anything. www.smallcoilrewinds.com.au  or  [email protected].
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 08:04:12 am by Hoony »
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2007, 09:03:57 am »
Small Coil Rewinds can't rewind some stators successfully and I have found Bert to be both a rude & arrogant old c#%t! Stators are not cheap to repair and if you can't get a guarantee (which you can't from SCR), give them a miss! I speak from experience unfortunately, and anyone of you who know me can vouch that I am certainly not a hard person to deal with. Spend your money elswhere with someone who will guarantee his work. The turn around time will be way quicker as well: Rowan, COD Rewinds, Chiltern, Victoria, Ph: 57261961. Choose wisely.
K

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 09:12:45 am »
 lms6201 ,

go with the BigK's recommendation as i have never used "SCR" before i have only heard about them in the Motorcycling press. If BigK says he's a rotten old c#%t! then he must be.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline gorby

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 11:22:54 am »
 steve at bettabikes in south aust is the man.polite,quick turnaround and he knows old bikes.
he can also set up your gear on a test machine and check the lot.he will need stator,backing plate,cdi and coil

ph 0883843550

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2007, 12:30:10 pm »
ouch??,(scr) ;D,try Andy Wheeler at Green Point,(Gosford),been using his rewinds for past errr,shoite,ah,hmmm,lot of years!!,knows his wire,02 43692313,cheers  :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2007, 12:58:25 pm »
I'll give a "big k" thumbs down to Betta bikes,shite service and expensive to boot.Paid for a graph of an ignition and despite numerous phone calls never received a graph. :'( Ignition dynos are simple to make, nothing special there.
Thanks Mick always on the lookout for a good stator bloke
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2007, 01:06:29 pm »
What about making a jig and having a crack yourself ??  ::)
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2007, 01:14:59 pm »
What a coil??? A CDI???? An ignition dyno is simply a tapered shaft, an engraved degree plate connected to a vaccum cleaner motor.Then earthed from the stator plate mounting to the plug.VERY simple stuff.Mount stator flywheel & plug.Turn vaccum motor on connect timing light, pointer highlights timing on engraved plate.Dozens of how to's on the internet.
All redunant now with programable ignitions adjusted via a laptop

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2007, 01:44:28 pm »
Maybe a wild thought, but I was thinking about rewinding your own stators coils.  It can't be rocket science surely.  Someone on here must have some ideas ?  I don't want to hijack this thread, so I'll start a newie over at rest tips.  Come on over !!

Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2007, 04:32:19 pm »
What a coil??? A CDI???? An ignition dyno is simply a tapered shaft, an engraved degree plate connected to a vaccum cleaner motor.Then earthed from the stator plate mounting to the plug.VERY simple stuff.Mount stator flywheel & plug.Turn vaccum motor on connect timing light, pointer highlights timing on engraved plate.Dozens of how to's on the internet.
All redunant now with programable ignitions adjusted via a laptop

i had steve check that TM 250 i was confused about, basically it sat on the bench a couple of aligator clips, somthing that spun aroound pushing a current, and the thing sparked, that was the test, didnt look that hard to me.  specially if you had to pay for it.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2007, 10:00:28 pm »
the place we use through the shop is city auto electrics in coburg victoria fast turn around good prices and can also repair c.d.i as well have not got number here at home if you want it ring me at work also we have tried everyone else this guy is the best  my work no 0754467722  rusty.....

it ran last time i started it ;D
follow me to first turn

Offline crs-and-rms

• Legend
  • heaven 23
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2007, 05:35:37 pm »
i work in a gosford motor bike shop and we have used andy wheeler many times he dose great work never heard anything bad about his work

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2009, 07:41:00 am »
Not happy to hear that Wasp,as I said shite service, what sort of ignition is the $1000 jobbie? I have a new electronics guru now, he's a delight to deal with and actually knows what he's doing, cheap to boot.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2009, 10:16:10 am »
Unfortunately you'll have to go through me.You'll have to done at a reasonable price and I don't put middle man fees on top.