Author Topic: 4robs is finished  (Read 20123 times)

magoo

Re: 4robs is finished
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2008, 08:49:24 pm »
It's a flesh wound, come back and fight you bastard

4RoBs

« Reply #91 on: November 30, 2008, 09:18:27 pm »
It's a flesh wound, come back and fight you bastard

And I got this too from the yanks:

"Are you kidding me? He'll be back. First off, he built it by hand
from nothing to what it was before the fire. Second off, he's
Australian, ferchrissakes. Those guys are worse than the brits for
when it comes to getting their a**es beat and not knowing when to
give up.

He'll be back.

Keep sending him the emails."

Rightoh, give me a couple of days to make a list of what I need. It'll be a virtual list for anyone to set up a similar thing, but I reckon no one else would be dumb enough. My wife and family are behind me, as are a heap of folks around the world. If we can get it backed somehow I'll get 4robs running again. It's a big ask.....

Rob

Tony T

« Reply #92 on: November 30, 2008, 09:40:32 pm »
Hey Rob,
I've never bought anything from you before, but it would be good to know you were there when I need something.  ;)
Go for it mate.
Great to hear the family are behind you on this one, as we are!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 09:48:16 pm by Tony T »

Lewo81

« Reply #93 on: December 02, 2008, 07:20:33 pm »
Hey Rob, like everyone else I am sorry to hear of your horrendous fire. Paypal sent, not much but I hope it helps. Am sure it is hard at the moment, just hope it gets a little easier for you and the family as time goes by. All the best.

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 03, 2008, 08:04:38 am »
Hey Rob,
Gotta love those crazy Yanks, they really have a way with words [just like their President].

Judging by some of your other posts [especially the one about how to remove powder coating  :D  :D  :D] your sense of humour is returning, but make sure you take the time to decide what you really want to do for yourself and your family. If that means the return of 4Robs then that would be fantastic for the VMX and Trials communities.

Have a good one
VMX42
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down hereā€¦

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline JC

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 03, 2008, 03:35:35 pm »
We gotta admire ya Rob. Plenty of good old fashioned Aussie spirit.

Hats off to the trials club too.

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 03, 2008, 08:01:18 pm »
Hi Rob,

Hope all is well. One good turn deserves another, Paypal sent.

Re: Robs Replica Rubber Reproduction - Highly Recommended supplier

i have been meaning to do this for awhile.

I needed some chain sliders and had a NOS item (no longer available) and emailed Rob for a price and turnaround time. he quoted $25 (he had to make a mould of my item as well). very good value i reckon so i said i will take 2 as well as return of my NOS item.

well after a week or so Rob informed me he had done the mould and would make the sliders when he had time, i asked him to tell me how to pay him and then they turned up in the next week in excellant condition.

I emailed him back about payment and he said we are square. i felt guilty as it has cost him time and money and return postage but he would not take payment.

i am by no means suggesting that he will do this with every one but i am most impressed and highly recommend Robs for Quality and service.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 08:03:07 pm by Hoony »
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 07, 2008, 09:18:02 pm »
went to MA presentation night last night in qld
they had a raffle $10 ticket for a mx helmet 8)
made i think about $800 for rob i thought that was a great idea ;D
saw him today he is more positive about it all
after initial shock its good to see everyone behind him
and helping out

cheers rusty ;D
follow me to first turn

Offline T250K

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 07, 2008, 11:59:08 pm »
G' Day Rob,
              Am way late with this but am really sorry to hear about your fire.  I PM'd you on Friday could you please let me know if you haven't received it ?    My Email address is   [email protected]
Best of Luck,     T250   ( Mike )

Tony T

« Reply #99 on: January 26, 2009, 10:31:16 am »
Any update on whether the fundraising efforts were successful in getting 4Robs up and running again?
I caught a rag on fire in the shed today and thought about this again............  :D
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 01:03:59 pm by Tony T »

« Reply #100 on: January 26, 2009, 12:20:29 pm »
The money was more of a helping hand to a family that has lost all of their possessions , not to get his business up and running again. I do hope he can get it going again as it was an invaluable service  ( i had yet to use his services myself).
I read that the show to raise money had to be postponed, must be in another thread.

Tony T

« Reply #101 on: January 26, 2009, 01:07:22 pm »
The money was more of a helping hand to a family that has lost all of their possessions , not to get his business up and running again.

There you go. Trust me not to read properly.  ::) I thought it was only the shed that burnt down.
Shit, that's worse. Hope they're recovering ok.
Just never heard anything, so I guess that's a good sign and they're keeping busy getting back on top of things.  :)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2009, 07:13:32 pm by Tony T »

4RoBs

« Reply #102 on: January 26, 2009, 10:29:35 pm »
I caught a rag on fire in the shed today and thought about this again............  :D

Jeeessuuusssss Tony, it's not farkin funny..... I hope you had a fire extinguisher handy, or at least a full bladder  ;D

So how about an update. Thanks to all you guys and gals here we had a fantastic christmas and new year when it could have been so miserable. The charity also meant I could spend a decent amount of time with family and friends - the first time in a very long time. It really made a difference knowing that so many folks cared. VMX247 and family sent a little gift - a flip over of motivational sayings. Thanks Alisen, we love it and we each have our favourites. The boys flip them every day. I didn't mean to single anyone out as everyones gift was so helpful, but I guess it just takes a girls touch.  A bunch of friends from way back arrived from all over and we ended up having new years on two seperate nights and three days - we have almost recovered. I've gone off beer for a while, especially after magoos visit.......... 

We didn't lose everything in the fire. We had most of the necessities of life in a mates little house in town - summer time clothes, toothbrushes, cooking gear, some of the kids trophies, a few pictures and photos and some basic furniture. But we did lose an awful lot of gear, and depending on what you value your old KTM's, SWM's and old Hondas at, the total is something over 400,000 dollars. Bikes and riding gear, horse gear, our tinnie outboard and fishing gear, farming gear, our books (thousands of them), my environmental consulting gear and laboratory instruments, our good furniture, most of our photographs, all the good plates and cutlery, knick knacks and mementoes - from kitchen to workshop types, a mountain of plumbing, electrical and building stuff, a bolt collection (you know - all the odd witworth sizes), and not to mention the tools of trade and stock. We keep remembering extra stuff all the time..... 

But it all really means nothing compared to what we gained -an unbelievable sense of the caring nature of people.  Wow. More than enough to get going with.

So we have got going. We'll keep the farm because that is the dream. We'll build a home there one day. We have a plan to get us back up and running - it will mean some risk, but that won't be the first time. We'll get there.

As far as 4RoBs goes, yes I will start again. I need about 150,000 dollars to build a new shed and stock it with tools and equipment. I need a year of just making moulds to get back to a position where it can support me. I just can't see that happening. Instead I'll build it up slowly again, like I did the first time. Part of our plan involves buying a house block with a little 6 x 3 shed on it. That'll be the 4RoBs manufacturing shed. And I'll keep the finished parts (and all our other gear) some where else just in case!  I'll probably start with simple parts I need to get my own projects running (so if you need something better make sure I have one of those bikes in the collection - hint hint  ;) ). But it will be slow because I now have a real job four days a week - doing IT and network stuff at a school. And it doesn't pay anywhere near as good as the consulting work I did to support 4RoBs the first time. But we'll get there.

Thank you all again, you're amazing.

Tony T

« Reply #103 on: January 27, 2009, 07:29:20 am »
Thanks so much for the update, Rob.
Great to hear things are going ok and that you have plans for the future and are seeing positives out of this.  ;D
Also great to hear that you had a decent Christmas.
Yes, always have a fire extinguisher on hand but also easier when you're actually there and there to catch it early. Unlike last time, when I was away and my wife only discovered the fire once it was all beyond saving...........  :-\
Anyway Rob, keep it up and keep us posted.  :)

Offline maicomc490t

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: January 29, 2009, 12:59:54 am »
Hey Rob old mate, glad to hear your life is back on track.

For someone who is prepared to have a go, as you have done in the past, the future looks bright.

I am happy to have helped in a small way to perhaps have helped out a little !

Keep us posted

Dave Mac
VAPOUR (AKA HYDRA / HYDRO / AQUA / WET) BLASTING AND GENERAL ENGINEERING 0416074750 (or) [email protected]

DUCATI Parts wanted esp 450 R/T and other early models inc V-twins

BULTACO M49 parts wanted