Author Topic: 4robs is finished  (Read 20135 times)

Tony T

Re: 4robs is finished
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2008, 07:44:50 am »
Bad news, Rob. Tim's been through it, I've been through it too and there will be an upside, I'm sure.
Probably not easy, but think of how much worse it could have been. Nobody was hurt.
Ignore the bad stuff and concentrate on the good. For me it was being away and having the 2 most expensive bikes with me. Plus my insurance company were excellent and even paid enough for the old riding gear to buy another bike for my step son.   :)  (Sounds like you may not have that luxury though)
In the end I lost some stuff, but it sure was fun setting up a new workshop from scratch.
Best of luck with it mate.

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2008, 08:10:29 am »
That is bad news, another of our worst fears.
You must be devastated, I know at this stage of my life I doubt I could rebuild all my jigs & notes.

For what it's worth you don't need to worry about the 1 sample of mine that you had.

Hope you find a Phoenix in their somewhere.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline oldmxracer

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2008, 08:24:47 am »
I don't know of you, but my heart goes out for ya. Good luck.....

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2008, 08:41:25 am »
our family home burnt down when i was about 16yr old. a definate turning point for my family.
here's hoping the rebuilding process is kind to you.
best of luck.
"flat bickie"

magoo

« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2008, 08:53:09 am »
I just got off the phone to an emotional Rob and the guy is absolutely shattered. He has lost everything. He has been living in a shed with his family while he builds a house and EVERYTHING HE OWNED of any value was in the workshop that burnt down, un-insured.
He is more than aware of the amount of items of value owned by other people and is deeply concerned. The one thing I'd love to find is the part that Leith has lost so I can shove it up his arse, Rob would really like to thank you for your compassion mate

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2008, 08:56:50 am »
Very sad news.Glad you are all safe.
Believing your rebuild goes well.
Best wishes from West Oz
Best is in the West !!

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2008, 09:50:40 am »

He is more than aware of the amount of items of value owned by other people and is deeply concerned. The one thing I'd love to find is the part that Leith has lost so I can shove it up his arse, Rob would really like to thank you for your compassion mate
;D ;D ;D ;D

sorry to hear this about Rob, not surprised he is shattered, hopefully he has a few mates to help him sort things out.
formerly Marc.com

Offline Damo

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2008, 09:58:56 am »
What a BUMMER Rob your excellent products will be sorely missed.

Dude stay positive and I hope things work out for the best.

Leith needs to be put on the Darryn Hinch "SHAME FILE" shame, shame, shame. :'( :'( :'(

mx250

« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2008, 10:21:24 am »
I don't know Rob and I haven't brought his product, but I knew him by his reputation here on the forum and in VMX general. He was obviously one of the 'good guys' and didn't deserve any crap in his live let alone this devistation.

Hang tuff Rob, you're a good guy and good karma is coming your way even if you can't quite see it at thew moment.

Phil

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2008, 10:28:25 am »
I'm very sorry to hear this Rob. We never met but you indirectly supplied some rubber bits for me that I never thanked you for. I hope that you can rise above this low point in your life and eventually get back on deck. Don't even worry about customer parts. Any decent man would fully understand and let it slide.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2008, 10:34:42 am »
did you loose my my nos PE chain rubber flap? oh nooooo  i cant belive it. i guess i wont be the only one though.

will you be able to refund the value of your customers goods?
My jaw dropped when I read the above post from Leith. I have to agree with Magoo and the others that you've displayed the most heartless and selfish post I've ever seen. I hope every PE chain rubber flap dissapears from this earth just to fork you over. >:(

i might be wrong here and usually are but i dont read his post in a nasty way.  i have fell into the trap before of misinterpreting SMS and this could be the same thing.  The "ooh no" part just sounds like he is saying tounge in cheek its gone.   And just maybe the other bit about customers he is hoping he cover the cost of those pre paid sales orders already in the system ?

I have no idea what leith intentions where but sometimes stuff can be mis-read, thats all.  :-\

Rob, I guess what we are all trying to say really is we are sorry about the loss and that we hope your dreams and life can be rebuilt and the peripherals associated with the loss dont impact to much ( loans, mortgage, stock accounts etc) you know all the stuff that goes along with it.  

Bit like a death in the family somtimes it not just the loss itself but all the other crap you have to go through that gets you down and makes it hard.

If there is anything that the forum can do to help, ask,  i know there are a lot of good folk on here only to willing to give you a hand up, and help get you over this patch.

Good luck, keep positive and ask for help if you need it .
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 10:39:13 am by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2008, 10:46:21 am »
I'm willing to give some funds if need be, just PM bank details or postal address,As its nearing Christmas time for the kids.
Chin up
cheers Alison
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 10:48:02 am by vmx247 »
Best is in the West !!

firko

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2008, 10:49:11 am »
I've never met Rob but he's done work for me in the past and I can only thank him for his big contribution to our little sport. I can back Oldschools point that "stuff" can be replaced but your family is alive and with you and that can't be replaced. I'd like to think that our small community can in some way chip in to help Rob out of this horrible situation. I know that whatever is done can't replace the possessions and income that went up in smoke but surely a whip around amongst the vintage community would be a good place to start. Any ideas guys?

Tony T

« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2008, 11:05:15 am »
Very good point, Alison.
I'd like to help them have some sort of Christmas at least.
I don't know Rob personally either, but I can't imagine him chiming in here with 'Here's my bank details, send away........"
So does anyone who has dealt with him know if he's got a Pay Pal account??

P.S. I do know Leith and I'd be pretty sure his post wasn't meant in the way it came across.

STW996

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2008, 11:18:04 am »
Yep I had some 84 CR chain sliders to pick up from him so would still like to pay for them and a bit more to help ease what must be a difficult time.

Rob let use know to which account we can send money.

Also if I can help in any other way call me when you can.

Shane