Author Topic: 4robs is finished  (Read 20131 times)

Tony T

Re: 4robs is finished
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2008, 11:20:49 am »
Just found out that he has Pay Pal through [email protected]
What do you all think?
Send through there?

Offline maicomc490t

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2008, 11:29:23 am »
For what it's worth to poor Rob and his family my thoughts are with you buddy.

Given my job as a firefighter / Station Commander with the NSWFB I see and talk to people first hand on a regular basis who have lost their possessions to the ravishes of fire, and only those who have experienced it can fully understand the sense of total loss these families face.

Given my other work and a shed FULL of machinery, tools (toolmaking, engineering mechanics etc etc) and bikes, parts etc I wouldn't know where to start but Walters advice is apt - doors will open and I trust you all were unhurt which is the main thing.

Does anyone know how to set up a collection fund?

As members of the motorcycling fraternity it's time to help Rob out. We all shell out silly money at times for bits and pieces and rely on guys like Rob to supply long forgotten so I'm up to give the can a bloody good kick if one is available.

I'm with Magoo re "Leith" who certainly had his insensitive selfish prick hat on when he made that post.

Leith - just a suggestion mate - post an apology as I am sure it was something you surely didn't mean (did you?)

Rob, if you are reading this cover everything with as much WD40 as you can spare and get things undercover where possible.

Good luck Rob and firmly take hold of any hand that is offered in help.

Dave Mac
VAPOUR (AKA HYDRA / HYDRO / AQUA / WET) BLASTING AND GENERAL ENGINEERING 0416074750 (or) [email protected]

DUCATI Parts wanted esp 450 R/T and other early models inc V-twins

BULTACO M49 parts wanted

Offline maicomc490t

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 26, 2008, 11:38:08 am »
OK guys, just as I posted my response to Robs plight there was the PAYPAL link sooooooooooo.

LETS ALL KICK IN WHATEVER WE CAN>

I have got the engine running with $100 so off you go guys what are you waiting for - you're all good fellas and Rob and his family need our help.

Have a good day and realise just how good your life is !!!

Dave Mac
VAPOUR (AKA HYDRA / HYDRO / AQUA / WET) BLASTING AND GENERAL ENGINEERING 0416074750 (or) [email protected]

DUCATI Parts wanted esp 450 R/T and other early models inc V-twins

BULTACO M49 parts wanted

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 26, 2008, 11:40:59 am »
done through pay pal  already ;D

worms

« Reply #34 on: November 26, 2008, 11:44:10 am »
so sorry to hear of your losses Rob, the main thing is that yourself and family are ok.

I also agree the VMX community CAN do something, i think i can arrange for donations to be sent to the QVMX club on behalf of Rob to be forwarded to him by Christmas, lets say everybody gets on board and we say in 2 weeks time so they have it spend before hand.

Cheers

Trev Perren

Allright guys, lets make it happen!

Tony T

« Reply #35 on: November 26, 2008, 11:44:53 am »
Me too! In with another $100.00 through Pay Pal.
Bugger all when you think of what he's up against right now.

worms

« Reply #36 on: November 26, 2008, 11:46:04 am »
looks like paypal is the way to go so lets all get chipping and make a difference!

Cheers Trev

Tony T

« Reply #37 on: November 26, 2008, 11:57:54 am »
Sorry Trev, didn't see your post before mine.
Hope everyone else agrees, but I just thought it might cost him a couple of bucks through Pay Pal, but at least he and his family get it straight away.

4RoBs

« Reply #38 on: November 26, 2008, 12:02:27 pm »
Oh God guys. What can I say. I've just got back from the shed. There are some pictures on my website. Nothing is savable. - Even the old bike frames are twisted. But guys we are down but not destitute. Anything helps but there are people worse off than us.

Love

Rob Kathy James and Tom

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 26, 2008, 12:07:04 pm »
Hope this ok for posting up Rob  ???

Or you can phone me on

Phone 0438195882
(International +61 438195882)

If you need to post me a part to copy the postal address is:

4RoBs

PO Box 106

ESK QLD 4312

Australia
Santa is on his way
Best is in the West !!

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 26, 2008, 12:33:10 pm »
Hey Rob,

start to your new riding gear coming your way, Merry Xmas.

But i was thinking hell, we could fill the new shed back up for you in no time given the amount of left over parts everyone has. 

formerly Marc.com

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 26, 2008, 12:35:32 pm »
Great idea re the Paypal, let's all chip in to help Rob out. I know it's not a lot when you compare it to what's lost, but I hope it gives you a kickstart on the road to recovery.

All the best, mate!

magoo

« Reply #42 on: November 26, 2008, 01:49:13 pm »
Funny thing about Rob. When I was talking to him this morning, the guy was very emotional wondering how he repay everyone else who had lost stuff in the fire. I had stuff up there, as did quite a few others, some with many thousands of dollars worth.
I'm happy to send some money under the proviso that he uses it for himself and his family to get back on track. I'm not interested in the stuff I lost, we can all share the pain just a little to help a really good, honest bloke and his family out of a shit time.
My old mate Chivo had exactly the same thing happen to him a few months ago and at the time the future looked bleak, but with a good network of mates and supporters he's coming out the other side slowly. The same will happen to you Rob.

STW996

« Reply #43 on: November 26, 2008, 02:07:00 pm »
Just sent through 400 mate on Paypal from Wiltec, hope it helps

Remember guy's 10 bucks a member at 1000 members WOULD make a difference for Rob and his family

Shane

Doc

« Reply #44 on: November 26, 2008, 02:35:09 pm »
Pretty sure Leith's post was a little mis-interpreted guys. Curiosity about losing a rare item makes one ask such questions but sadly the timing was a little off :-\ Rob is damn nice bloke and the loss of other peeps parts probably hurts him more than the loss of his business and fire itself. Ease up and keep the aid coming guys, in such a terrible time this is brilliant and somethng which will make not only Rob feel a little better but it'll do your inner self the world of good also ;) open your wallet, beat off the moths and do something decent. I don't have much but PayPal is my next port of call :-\ I honestly can't imagine how it would feel and bloody awful doesn't even scratch the surface.