Author Topic: PE 175  (Read 25293 times)

JC14

PE 175
« on: November 09, 2008, 12:28:15 pm »
Hi I am new here and have a 1982 pe175. Im currently rebuilding it and am wandering where i could get a chamber made for it. Also where would the best place to buy plastics from be?

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: PE 175
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 12:34:23 pm »
Hi i have a 1980 pe400 plastics may be hard to get for one of those as may alot of other parts heres some good stickers http://www.suzuki-pe.co.uk/pe175.html  good luck Michael Ryan. :)
1971 tm400 and PE's

oldfart

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 12:37:50 pm »
Welcome aboard  matey ..... Best you make contact with LWC 3077 , as they have a web site for PE .
At the moment there is a debate on who has the best repo plastics ( look up Yamaha talk back show  ;D )    Chambers   eeeer um -  not sure if GMC does that model, send him a pm and ask  

JC14

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 12:47:29 pm »
Thanks for the replys guys. At the moment Im just putting the bike back together. Should be getting the head and barrel back from getting blasted tomorrow and have ordered some gaskets from suziparts. so i just have to clean the rest of the engine and put it back together now.

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2008, 01:07:38 pm »
Not sure what you can about the rear fender. i dont know anyone making the fender for the full floater. have you got an original? it might be able to be restored.

there is a place that makes fibreglass fenders. look under topic of PE 175 vs IT 175.

also maybe look on http://pureenduro.free.fr/ theres been a few guys in france and belgium who have restored the fullfloaters so they may be getting rear guards from somwhere.

chamber made? you would really need to take your bike to a place so they can get it right. i could think a few places but they wouldnt be in your state.

have you got an original pipe? if you have but its damaged at the  lower section you can buy repair sections for the bottom.

and i would sugest you join here and ask beacuse there a few other onwers of the full floater PE's and they may know more about getting a rear fender than me.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/PEmotorcycles/

oh you should of asked me for gaskets. i have got a whole heap of nos 175 PE base gaskets ive got for cheap price. i was selling them in pairs
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 01:11:51 pm by LWC3077 »
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

JC14

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2008, 01:27:11 pm »
Yer ive got the original pipe but its got a fair few holes and dents in it. not just on the lower section either. what sort of shop would be able to make a chamber? Do rm plastics fit the pe's?
So far i have stripped the bike right down and painted the frame, got the rims cleaned and respokes and the hubs painted black($500), seat redone blue with new foam, cleaned the forks inside and out and replaced fork seals, got some new parts such as sprockets and cables. there a few more things we've done.

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2008, 01:34:28 pm »
Geoff Morris Concepts can make pipes.
www.iwt.com.au can make pipes -  but they are in SA

i think forum member Lozza could also make pipes - yes/no?

theres plenty of 2 stroke tuners/pipe builders who can do the job.

look at the advertisments in VMX and ADB magazines an search for australian places on the internet.

read this topic to see how to fit RM plastics to PE

http://ozvmx.com/community/index.php?topic=2109.0

do you want it original? are you using it for MX or trail/enduro use?

the RM rear fender is a MX fender and will be smaller and shorter than the PE rear fender which is an enduro fender

you shouldnt have problem with front fender

PE side number plates are still available from suzuki. they are different to RM side covers
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 01:41:36 pm by LWC3077 »
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

JC14

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2008, 01:48:11 pm »
Can you still get the plastics from suzuki?
thats good then. Should i polish the head and barrel?

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2008, 01:56:15 pm »
front fender and sidepannels yes.

just one thing, the side pannels ure superceeded to 14L colour. im not sure what colour this is. that is from www.alpha-sports.com

try an australian suzuki dealer first as things could be differerent here and they may still have some of the 163 colour sidepanels in melbourne warehouse. also try Mick Hone Suzuki. they could have some side covers. and also ask suzi parts in adelaide. if he hasnt got any in stock ask him to do a 'worldwide search' for you which he does.

soem stuff alpha sports are saying are NLA or superceeded but recently i have found out to not alwayts go by this as when you try to order the same part in australia, you often discover that there are still stocks in Japan and the part is not superceeded.

what do you mean by polish the head and barrel? do you mean as in a port job or for external cosmetics?

if its internal polishing your looking at then yes you could smooth out the ports. i would get the bike going first and then see how it goes and decide on the type of power you want and then speak to a  reputable 2 stroke tuner to discuss port jobs etc. if its cosmetic polishing your talking about, i personally wouldnt do it. i would rather bead blast and paint black for better head dissapation.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 03:28:47 pm by LWC3077 »

JC14

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2008, 06:38:27 pm »
If I got a pipe made for the pe but more like an rm pipe and got it ported and polished like an rm would it go more like an rm?

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2008, 06:40:59 pm »
maybe. i would use a RM ignition as well.

JC14

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2008, 06:53:15 pm »
would that do much? I just got a new cdi for it...
thanks for the advice

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2008, 07:00:09 pm »
with a internal rotor it will rev more. the RM CDI would have a different advance curve and have more MX power characteristics and suit a RM type pipe and RM spec cyclinder.
every part is originally made to suit other parts of the motor. if you go and change things that your not sure of you can make things worse and not better. a good design pipe will make a difference but is no good if it isnt made to suit the cylinder porting. same with a bigger carby, which will useally require cylinder work. to make the most of the increased amount of fuel/air going in/out.

have you got a 2 stroke tuning shop near you? if you really want to do a lot of modifications then i would recommend you discuss it with them and see what they can offer you. i am not a 2 stroke tuner so cant really offer much more specifc info but a full time 2 stroke tuner could. There are computer programs out there that can simulate your engine and give a reading of what your engine would be like and what power it would make depending on what mods were done.

I would suggest The 2 stroke institute in Sydney or IWT in Adelaide. 2 other good guys are Frank Pons and Gary Treadwell, but im not sure if they still do that sort of work

by the sounds of it you want to make this PE into a Motorcross bike?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2008, 07:09:04 pm by LWC3077 »

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2008, 07:01:25 pm »
would that do much? I just got a new cdi for it...
thanks for the advice

Yes, RM's use an inner rotor ignition which is lighter and allows the engine to rev more quickly and higher. The PE uses an external rotor which is heavier but does provide more "flywheel effect" which prevents the engine from losing revs so quickly when you bog down.
Ban BLACK rims NOW