Author Topic: the usa election  (Read 6922 times)

firko

Re: the usa election
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2008, 08:36:59 pm »
For all concerned it's "MUSLIM"
With respect Cyclegod, both spellings are acceptable.

From Wikipedia:
The ordinary word in English is "Muslim", pronounced /'m?s.l?m/ or /'m?z.l?m/. The word is pronounced /'m?sl?m/ in Arabic. It is sometimes spelled "Moslem",

From The online Free Dictionary
Mos·lem (mzlm, ms-)
n.
Variant of Muslim.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

oldfart

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2008, 08:41:03 pm »
Just when I thought It all was over, Aunty is going to run 3 hours after the news with election results .
Are we the 53 turd state  ;D    

Quicksilver

« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2008, 09:18:06 pm »
Just when I thought It all was over, Aunty is going to run 3 hours after the news with election results .
Are we the 53 turd state  ;D    

Your joken  :o Since when was the USA elections that important to Australians we need that sort of coverage.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2008, 09:22:40 pm »
Now Now if they rode VMX or owned a brand new 74 Maico in a box ,you'd  lovem.  :o
It'll be all over next week. ;)
Best is in the West !!

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2008, 09:39:03 pm »
Cappra your glossing over some important facts, the completely unregulated hedge funds/merchant banks basicaly bought and onsold that 'Fanny Mae' style housing loan risk from the banks.You also are quick to forget that hedge funds made massive profits went bust and swiftly left the goverment/taxpayer to bail them out.There in is the real problem a totaly unregulated for profit organisation deems it quite OK that the public purse underwrite them.Not only that you have a 'walk away' law that allows loan defaulters to hand in keys without any form of financial punishment.If the Fed and the Goverment couldn't forsee this crisis and chose to ignore warnings they don't deserve to govern. 
Jesus only loves two strokes

Mick

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2008, 09:42:58 pm »
Thanks to most TV being American shows these days, i no longer watch TV,,,,Americans could not care less about anything over there big fence that go's right around there country unless there is money in it for them,,,and as they like to say,,,,I'm over it.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2008, 09:45:39 pm by Mick »

mx250

« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2008, 10:52:32 am »
I wouldn't want to vote for either of them. I think the whole US election circus is an indictment of the low ebb in America's political process and America's fortunes.

Leaving party policies and ideologies aside, the best hope lies with Obama simply because he is not a proven moron. Obama lacks substance and is more a product of PR spin, hype and hope rather than experience. It remains to be seen if he has the character and leadership required to resist entrenched self interest groups and lobbies and chooses a wise and sometimes unpopular path for America, as surely it will be.

I see some good signs in his character, the fact that he is half white and half black, the fact that he is half Christian and half Muslim, the fact that he is American with a strong outside influence on his World View, are all positives. The fact that he is the consummate Politian prepared to take any popular policy, to make any political astute allegiance, is a concern.

If Obama doesn't win you can expect crys of 'foul' and civil unrest -bigtime. Good luck America. 

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2008, 11:26:57 am »
For all concerned it's "MUSLIM"
With respect Cyclegod, both spellings are acceptable.

From Wikipedia:
The ordinary word in English is "Muslim", pronounced /'m?s.l?m/ or /'m?z.l?m/. The word is pronounced /'m?sl?m/ in Arabic. It is sometimes spelled "Moslem",

From The online Free Dictionary
Mos·lem (mzlm, ms-)
n.
Variant of Muslim.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can't we talk about a MORE important subject like vintage dirtbikes or something  ;)
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2008, 12:21:16 pm »
macain ride a maico

Offline 2 shocks

• A-Grade
  • Gods Country !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2008, 02:13:56 pm »

Who needs elections when we are going to meet the one & only Roger DeCoster, in person, tonight, doesnt get any better than that  :)

Mr & Mrs Maico #54

Offline Maicojames

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2008, 02:34:16 pm »
However it turns out,maybe you dude won't think all us Americans are jerks.
Now, I am a jerk regardless. ;D You see, I am at least consistent.

Right now, Obama has lead that looks very strong.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2008, 02:36:32 pm by Maicojames »
Life is suddenly very Monaro

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2008, 03:07:24 pm »
Congrats to OBAMA

Best is in the West !!

211kawasaki

« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2008, 03:42:31 pm »
Was it ever in doubt?

Question is how long till the gloss rubs off and the reality sinks in - he's not the Messiah hes just the mortal who has inherited the biggest mess in on the planet to let hope he is a "connected" guy.

Offline Maicojames

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 05, 2008, 03:52:52 pm »
Was it ever in doubt?

Question is how long till the gloss rubs off and the reality sinks in - he's not the Messiah hes just the mortal who has inherited the biggest mess in on the planet to let hope he is a "connected" guy.

Yes, it is over no matter which side you were on. So, we will see what his administration can get done. Don't think he is the Messiah, or a terrorist myself. The US voters have spoken though-so let's see what he can do. That's all you can really say.
Life is suddenly very Monaro

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 05, 2008, 03:57:27 pm »
211 kawa
I wouldn't say its the biggest mess on the planet compared to some of the African Countries,its only cause it gets back closer to home that it affects us,,,,but hey we are still involved /riden /fixen and playing with bikes so its gonna be OK,  ;D what more could ya want...  :o don't answer that  ;D
Best is in the West !!