Author Topic: the usa election  (Read 6920 times)

oldfart

Re: the usa election
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2008, 05:14:29 pm »
Ok election is over- lets talk about bikes again  ;D

mx250

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2008, 06:13:42 pm »
In social terms a very historic day. If it leads to the policy changes that are needed remains to be seen. Even with the best policies, political will and interlect in the world there will still be very powerful forces resisting change and acting against Obama. I hope Obama lives up to and exceeds the hype. Good luck America, or, as the locals would say, God bless America  ;D.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2008, 07:21:17 pm »
Yawn just another politician  ::)
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2008, 08:26:23 pm »
I don't want to say this but I'm going to anyway  Obama is a sitting duck for any crazy at the momment I hope he stays safe long enough to make the changes needed. jimson
Just a balless freak having a go

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2008, 10:37:56 pm »
Been thinking something similar jimson. Thing on the telly last night made a joke about how all of the previous American presidents were old white blokes - except JFK who was a young white bloke.
And we know what happened to him...

Listening to the radio this arvo, I think that one reason the Yanks are so happy with Obama is because he promises change: Bush's path was clearly a very bad one and at least they've now got someone trying to steer the ship away from the rocks.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

mx250

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2008, 10:48:42 pm »
For the last 20 years security has been exceptional around any American President or President Elect. I don't think anything will be different or harder.

If the FBI, or whoever, have kept Bush safe from the Talaban, Bin Laden etc., I think they have a fair chance of keeping Obama safe.

Pray that they do. I would hate to think of the consequences and the conspiracy theories that would result ::).

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
  • life sucks&then you die
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2008, 06:28:59 pm »
funny thing yanks ,a mate of mine is married to one so off course we had to give her a hard time -you know watch out for drop bears,huntsmen spiders,attack kangaroos,etc biggest one tho was we told yanks where insulated dickheads with a bigger one in charge of  the f**king nukes!! she would go yeh yeh  no we are not, well she went back to the us for 6 mths came back here and her 1st words to me apart from here your  bourbon was oh my god you are right and the  world finishes 25 miles off shore