Author Topic: New toy for Jonesy.  (Read 5717 times)

firko

Re: New toy for Jonesy.
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2008, 07:00:43 pm »
Don't think this left field cheapy thing is restricted to pre '75 stuff. Check out the price of this going '88 ATK. Sometimes it's great to leave your comfort zone. You never know what little gems you can come accross.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320308564041&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:MOTORS:1123

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2008, 09:34:48 pm »
I agree wrt a sea of red/yellow/white - bikes as common as backsides. Every one's got one, so they don't really appeal much.

Backsides are extremely popular due to their functionality. Green bikes less so... Might be something in that...  ;) ;D
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #17 on: October 17, 2008, 09:40:40 pm »
Don't think this left field cheapy thing is restricted to pre '75 stuff. Check out the price of this going '88 ATK. Sometimes it's great to leave your comfort zone. You never know what little gems you can come accross.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320308564041&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNA:MOTORS:1123

Geez thats good going, and I thought my 2000 CR125 was cheap at a grand  :o
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline Paddles

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2008, 09:51:20 am »
good point nathan, if we didn't have a backside, guess what we'd be full of ............................

that ATK would be a bit of a weapon though, and yes it's out of left field alright.

firko

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2008, 10:51:51 am »
Just to add to Alans ever growing list of bikes, here's some early shots of his upcoming Monark GP Replica. The bike, for all intended purposes is exactly the same as the Sten Lundin VMX cover bike from issue 34. The bike is the complete opposite to Als low buck Ugly Betty Metisse and American Eagle. Because of the rarity and high costs involved, the construction will take quite a bit longer than his other projects but you can bet that it'll be a hell of a cool unit once completed. Another, Husky version of the model is also being prepared in Sweden for an Aussie buyer.

Legendary engine builder and engineer Frank Stanborough putting in a bit of his skill on Jonesys Monark 500GP engine.

This is Alans Monark replica frame nearing completion at Gostas workshop in Sweden. Gosta was the original frame fabricator for the Monark/Husky/Lito works bikes back in the 60s.

Another interesting bit of "I wonder if" in Frank Stanbooughs shed is this mock up of one of Franks NSU Sportmax engines sitting in my original Hindall Kawasaki frame. Frank has a number of these rare road race GP engines in differing capacities and states of modification and he had the idea that one may make a good vintage motocross engine. I volunteered my Hindall frame and it fitted like a cock in a sock. We then looked into making a copy of the Hindall for the NSU but were talked out of it because the Hindall is a 1971 design and wouldn't fit into pre '65 even with the '55 model engine. We've since discovered that British rider Brian Stonebridge briefly rode an NSU powered Greeves back in 1958 or so, which has prompted Frank to now search for a pre '65 Greeves frame. I'll now fit the Kawasaki F81m engine into the Hindall which originally housed a 350 Kawasaki Bighorn. ........Ah, life in the suburbs.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2008, 01:14:42 pm by firko »