Author Topic: SuperX live on Foxtel  (Read 9719 times)

Re: SuperX live on Foxtel
« Reply #45 on: November 29, 2008, 10:49:03 pm »
Just got back from the superx, what a great night . Thrills and spills a plenty. I gave Chad the finger as he rode past. He pretended he didn't see me but i saw a tear in the corner of his eye forming. Take that ya bastard!
 Shit he can ride.

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 29, 2008, 11:37:49 pm »
what a top night!
absolutely awesome track! good to see Jeremy in the flesh, he still rides well. am a bit on the fence as far as the 4 X 5 lap main event goes. would of much prefered to see a full 20 lap main, but then again, the way some of the riders wore out, perhaps for thier own safety it was a good idea.
Reed clicked off a 38 second lap, Readon a 39 second, McGrath did a 41 {i think} with most of the other guys in the high 41 and slower. to see someone with that kind of speed {Reed} and then to see how we stack up behind that, our boys have got a fair way still to go.
can't wait for next year!
{hot tip for stadium food, roll up a few corned beef 'n' pickle sanga's in a 't' towel and stash em on the bottom of your backpack} stadium food is CRAP and thier service is worse!
"flat bickie"

Offline allan hughes

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 30, 2008, 07:45:58 am »
SUPER X AT QE11 STADIUM BRISBANE WELL WORTH  IT TO SE A GREAT CHAMPION
CHADS REAR SUSPENSION OVER THE STUTTER JUMPS HAD NO EQUAL
DANIEL TRIED HIS BEST WITH WHAT HE HAD
HOW ABOUT JEREMY 37 YEARS OLD AND STUCK IT UP MOST AUSSIE PRO RIDERS     
CHAD AND JEREMY TWIN NAC NAC WAS GOOD 

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2008, 06:54:37 am »
Yeah bugger I missed it. Couldn't justify the money unfortunately.
Watched it 'live' on the telly though and it looked OK with a good size crowd visible in the background.
Not a fan of the 29 jumps (typical of supercross), but it is raising the profile of the sport.
Apparently the five lap races are there at the insistance of the TV people; 20 laps aren't snappy enough to hold the excitement...
Riders and the average MX fan want the longer races but right now they're just trying to get people 'into' the sport.
Time will tell.

Prediction:
I can see that trackside blonde dickhead with the microphone getting centre-punched one day.
He 'reports' live to air with his back to the bikes only one metre away - never watching what's coming.

Did anyone else see the MX marathon on Saturday afternoon telly?
MX was on three tv channels!
Several episodes of MXTV (including Hoonies replay) on the 'Aurora' channel and the FIM MX series (every round) from Europe on one of the sports channels.
A storm came through and I lost reception for about ten minutes.
Flicked over to the 'free to air' tv and there was a replay of last weeks Townsville Super X!!
I've never seen so much MX on the telly - ever!
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2008, 08:50:22 am »
even sunrise gave a short plug this morning about chad new super x champion, with some good visuals.  they just could not believe the freestyler doing the 360 plus dangle the feet while upside down.  and good for profile.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2008, 03:35:24 pm »
even sunrise gave a short plug this morning about chad new super x champion, with some good visuals.  they just could not believe the freestyler doing the 360 plus dangle the feet while upside down.  and good for profile.

Caught the show on local news last night.Glad to see MX geting some TV time.
Also pretty stoked to say the young pup doing the tricks is Josh Sheehan from down south WA,does alot of training 30km from here.
cheers
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 03:38:08 pm by vmx247 »
Best is in the West !!

Maico31

« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2008, 06:58:40 pm »
The Brisbane SuperX was awesome. Huge crowd, great atmosphere and good racing. Chad won all 4 x 5 lap races easily even after a mid pack start in a couple of them. He really is a level above the rest of the Aussies. I think the short races were good, made for some exciting racing. It was cool to see Chad and MC click of a couple of nac nacs side by side and look at each other.

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2008, 08:03:04 pm »
It was cool to see Chad and MC click of a couple of nac nacs side by side and look at each other.
I was hoping the meaning of 'nac nac' would become apparent without me having to ask...
They mentioned it on the telly - but I still don't have a clue; pls share. :-\
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Maico31

« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2008, 08:10:39 pm »
It was MC's trademark freestyle trick. You really need to see it. Maybe the SuperX website will have it up on the highlights video.

« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2008, 08:55:23 pm »
Old mate was looking a bit chunky i must say. Certainly not in peak condition.

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2008, 09:05:10 pm »
It was awesome from down on the field :o  The nac nac was the highlight.  The top ten shootout was better than i thought it would be, how fast would chad be on a 250 ???
I also loved when MC and Chad looked at each other over the triple during race 3.
Brad He was puffing after that first heat win.
Noel  
The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2008, 11:00:17 pm »
This,dear wombat,is a nac nac.
http://images.dirtrider.com/features/141_0610_01_z+2006_jeremy_mcgrath_invitational_prerace+jeremy_nac_nac.jpg

What an awsome show, how's mcgrath's form, 15 yrs past his prime,5 years retired and still running second to reed.
Loved the finals format, and like the sound of the man on man final format,where 2 riders race 2 laps the winner goes to the next round the loser is out, this goes on until only 2 riders are left for a 2 lap final........talk about no holds barred racing.
Would have been good to see more Aussie riders like Byrner, Metcalf.
I'll be back.

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 02, 2008, 01:46:55 am »
i'll be back for another look next year too!
i just hope this series draws some more international flavour as the track was reeaal good and they missed out!
"flat bickie"

mainline

« Reply #58 on: December 02, 2008, 05:06:59 pm »
I always thought the name came from Can-Can spelt backwards ? given that he kicks his leg backwards instead of forwards?

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 02, 2008, 08:08:23 pm »
Ah, I see. Yes, I'm suitably impressed.
Thanks Evo. ;D