Author Topic: SuperX live on Foxtel  (Read 9720 times)

magoo

SuperX live on Foxtel
« on: October 04, 2008, 09:11:48 am »
I just noticed that the first round of Reedys SuperX series is being telecast LIVE on FoxSports 1 at 5:00pm today. How good is that!

STW996

Re: SuperX live on Foxtel
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 09:45:55 am »
Magoo. it is going to be great, I have booked in a jocks and socks day for today and tomorrow, super X and Moto GP, now where is that esk so I don't have to move from the chair ;D

It is looking a bit warm up this way so my break out the Mankini for a run ??? :D ;D

magoo

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2008, 11:58:54 am »
You really know how to ruin a blokes weekend don't you Shane. I'm having visions and they aint pretty. Can you PM me your phone #, I want to give you a call.

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2008, 12:14:34 pm »
ahh! the power of the mankini is working it's magic...
soon everyone will want Shanes phone number...
 ;D

"flat bickie"

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2008, 12:19:27 pm »
not again

Offline caps 999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2008, 09:38:55 pm »
ohh god well its off to the therepest again
MUGEN power

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2008, 09:54:24 pm »
I got a luke warm response when i asked how it was by one who watched it. So ?????

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2008, 10:37:18 pm »
I was expecting a spectacular but afterwards I was a bit dismayed about the whole event when a friend of mine (ex kawasaki race team manager) rang me and used the word  "pathetic" to discribe it ,.. and I was very dissapointed that I could not disagree, It can only get better I suppose. :-\

Did anyone watch  round 19 of the world speedway championship just after the supercross?, Now THAT was spectacular!!!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2008, 10:45:24 pm by E74 »

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2008, 10:53:33 pm »
Bummer. I really want this to be a hit for Reedy and for aussie mx/ superx. Lets hope it gets better.

Offline caps 999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 08:42:06 am »
i think location ha allot to do with the failure of this one im not going to judge until the melbourne round
MUGEN power

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2008, 09:46:57 am »
i'm all set to watch the Brisbane round but it's not till 29th of Nov.
lets hope it's lives up to the hype!
"flat bickie"

PJR

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2008, 10:32:07 am »
The camera coverage was fine but the overall coverage was as boring as batshit. I was watching it with a bunch of dedicated motocross fans scanning three generations on a giant screen HD TV and by half way through the telecast we were all talking amongst ourselves, hardly taking any notice if what was going down on the telly. The announcer (? Read) was annoying and Chad Reeds superiority turned it into a bit of a joke. It's doubtful the Perth round won the sport any new fans but we can live in hope that the other rounds are an improvement.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2008, 01:02:05 pm »
Yeah, it was a bit dull to watch and yet the track looked OK, the racing was probably fine to watch in person, and there seemed to be a decent crowd. But the final was very pedestrian. I think to be honest the real problem was that the riders weren't up to it. Now, given I can't ride for crap that's a big call, but the reason the US stuff looks so good is that the whole field can ride the track and do so spectacularly. Watching the Aussie guys rolling the whoops and things was less than inspiring. The guy I was watching it with is no moto fan, but he spotted it straight away. He said that Reed flows with the bike while everyone else seemed to be fighting the bike.

Now, that said, I think the Aussie guys will pick up the pace and do it much better in time, and this is what they need to become contenders internationally. But in the meantime, will it be enough to grab the fans? I hope so. Let's see what the different formats do at the other rounds...

I still think it's the best thing to hit the Aussie scene in ages. And I'll still watch every round.

Edit: Just went and checked the ADB Forums and the few comments there were positive, so that's good. And as was pointed out some position updates during the event would help it along no end. I reckon the next few events will be much better as they get it sorted and the riders step it up. I have no doubt that most of the top Aussies WILL step it up.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 01:09:32 pm by Graeme M »

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2008, 08:41:50 pm »
Telecast live? Hmmm, bugger I missed it.
I've never been a fan of modern Supercross but I'm prepared to have another look.
I intend to take the Golden Child to the event when it hits Brisbane.

E74, I have to agree on the Speedway stuff - great sport, great camera work! 8)

I saw an ad on the telly for the Melbourne round (I think).
The logo is SUPER X.
The voice over called it "Super ex".
Is that correct? I thought it was pronounced 'Super cross'.
Is the 'ex' bit meant to fit it in with 'ex games'?
You know, the modern EXtreme type sports etc.
Just wondering...
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2008, 09:48:09 pm »
I went along to the Perth opener for a look and the live commentator, whose name eludes me but may have been Bruce Ruxton ( only with dreadlocks, not the ex-RSL pres) was also calling it Super-Ex..... anyway, in realtime the on-track action was pretty damn impressive, the fact that the star of the show was able to lap up to fourth spot isn't that much of a revelation considering he and Bubba are able to do likewise in the States. The Aussie support riders worked manfully, with hearty contributions from Reardon, Anderson, Boyd and co. TV may have disguised the fact that, as stunning as Chad Reed is, that works Suzuki flat hauls arse off the corners, and most of his advantage was gained in the way he and the bike screamed across the short, steep stutter jumps.
 Apart from the wet, cold wintry conditions, the appalling snack bar service, and the fact that windy conditions curtailed the freestyle mx intervals during track maintenance, meaning the punters had to sit for an hour TWICE without any form of entertainment, the concept was new and exciting, the racing was hard and fast, and the public's admiration for Chad's effort in promoting, riding and winning the event, was tangible, and I think as an opener it will only lead to bigger and better events, and i think we should support and encourage it as hard as we can. Go, Chad !
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....