Author Topic: road registering my yz465  (Read 6824 times)

Offline TonyB

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
road registering my yz465
« on: September 08, 2008, 03:09:11 pm »
Anyone know if this could be done? it was an IT465 and still has the complianc plate on the head stem.  still have all the lights and switches etc and was wondering if i could put it together with the old spark arrestor and road going tyres and maybe get rego? the idea is to remove most of the crap once its done and be able to fang around the state forrest trails?? would i need a battery for the blinkers? The items i dont have are : blinks mirror battery and tooter and rear light with number plate mount. any other things I might need?
'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,totally worn out, shouting,  ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! ' '

Offline TonyB

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: road registering my yz465
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2008, 04:06:05 pm »
Thanks God, gees i did'nt know about the front brake light switch and completely forgot about the farkin speedo, i guess the speedo wil root the idea as that will be a costly lil fugger? I still have the IT speedo but no cable and i am sure its rooted anyway.
'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,totally worn out, shouting,  ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! ' '

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2008, 04:24:12 pm »
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2008, 05:55:40 pm »
use a pusbike electronic speedo even cheeper
send me a pm and i will tell  you the brand name it goes up to 120 mph.a mate had it on his wr450
cheers
jim
its on my desk at home i am at work now

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2008, 06:05:31 pm »
i think im missing some thing here why go to the effort to make  a it 465 into a mock up yz 465 then revert  back to road reg / dont make no sence forrest

lms6201

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2008, 06:30:22 pm »
tony , if u want it for forestry riding only , loose the comp plate and get recreational rego , head /tail , mirror horn brake lite on the rear (i think )only , the deal with rec reg is it only applies to machines without adr comp , if it has adr comp it must have full rego ,n.b.  if u go the rec rego there may be it 465  prefix #,s on dot ,s records , check it out on their website , i,ve got  a mk 10 pursang frame in the shed with a comp plate ( all legit ) bully people will know it !  pre 1975 bikes are easier to reg  , like my mk 8  frontera 250 !!

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2008, 06:30:34 pm »
i think im missing some thing here why go to the effort to make  a it 465 into a mock up yz 465 then revert  back to road reg / dont make no sence forrest

It's nice to have options, like having supermoto wheels with your modern off road bike.  ;D
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2008, 06:32:58 pm »
PAUL
in plain english the bike needs to be regoed . in nsw the police have the power to take your mxer of any sort on the spot for having a unrego bike.so if you were riding you maico they take it from you on the spot and there nothing leagle to stop them.you then must convince the court why you should have it back.there is a lot of bush around where i live but most is privetly owned.i have heard of kids even losing there pws to over zelos cops.
cheers

Offline TonyB

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2008, 06:34:26 pm »
Thanks guys, and no Paul its not going to go back an IT ,  I    need    to    rego   it   with   what   ever   bits   i need and then use it as a YZ With most of the stuff removed once its registered , in the forrest trails. We dont have a recreational rego in the "smart state" so I gotta go the whole hog,,

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2008, 07:21:07 pm »
ok i did nt know that mmm   rec REG  HERE YOU STILL HAVE TO HAVE A LICENCE  OTHER WISE YOU IN THE SHIT 
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 07:23:57 pm by paul »

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2008, 07:24:40 pm »
no paul
full rego or risk losing your bike.but there is a few mx parks you a can go for the weekend and ride your mxer.but to ride in the forrest full rego is needed.i used to ride at bothe it400 for mx parks and tm300 2003 for forest rides.belangalow is a great ride but need full rego
cheers
jim

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2008, 07:46:56 pm »
DOESNT HE LIVE IN BRISBANE   SAME RULE FOR DIRT BIKE REGO THERE/DO THEY HAVE REC REGO 
« Last Edit: September 08, 2008, 07:50:11 pm by paul »

lms6201

« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2008, 07:49:40 pm »
i have just had another look at the site ,there is provision for conditionally registered vehicles including 2,3or 4 wheel rec vehicles and  there is an application form for download to print out , with self certification  to guidelines ,( same as trailer rego self cert) i can,t find the guidelines for rec vehicles however ,why do u say rec rego doesn,t exist in qld ?  have u looked into it and found a problem ?

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2008, 07:56:00 pm »
rec rego is in  nsw but for compertition use only ie 2 and 4 day enduro.you must have working lights,including brake.ballards sell these kits