Author Topic: road registering my yz465  (Read 6822 times)

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
Re: road registering my yz465
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2008, 10:26:57 pm »
You can legally ride in the forests in Vic with Rec Rego, but not in built up area's, which can make it hard if you need to leave the forest for fuel at a servo.

I had my KTM 300 full registered a few years back & was told I didn't have to have a speedo which saved me from buying a cable, it went through okay.

I'm wondering if it went through easy because I put it in the back of my ute & the missus took it to Vicroads. Their was no way she could start it & the guys in suits wouldn't try either, so their was no other checks as the lights don't work if it's not running. Going through a country branch no doubt helps also.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

fsc

« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2008, 10:50:16 pm »
jimg1au
I would be very interested to find out where exactly you got your information about the police taking bikes that they find that are unregistered, what state, and where in that state this has happened. Seems a bit over the top to me. But what would I know.

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2008, 11:08:28 pm »
HI
i nsw the police can take your car if you do a burn out.this is a fact as a mate of mine who has a few usa cars did a burn out at a school end of year dance as the young girls he was droping off talked him into doing one . the cops were around the corner and booked him . the young female offercer wanted to conficate the car but the older male said no.i live near meani southern sydney if you get caught riding there unregoed the police can take your bike from you.it has been in the local paper about bike riders losing their bikes.mostly young kids on loud mx bikes riding close to the homes that fringe the bush.there is a place called white rock were some deaths have also taken place.there tracks cris cross each other and head ons happen.there is a crack down on street racing in sydney and laws are passed to allow police to take cars for illegal street racing and the bikes fall under the same law.

fsc

« Reply #18 on: September 10, 2008, 07:25:31 pm »
You would think that the laws that give police the power to take a motor vehicle after doing a burnout and people riding trail bikes unreg and uninsured would be different. I think local rumour has drawn a line between the two which is incorrect. I would say that your m/v can be taken from you after doing a burnout, remember a m/c can do a burnout as well. So perhaps the m/c has been take into police possesion using those particular powers after doing a burnout.
However have you heard of good cop bad cop, perhaps your friend was a victim of this tactic.(one cops says lets take the bike and the other says no lets let him have it.) Then you get a hand full of tickets and you are happy because you still have your bike and you think you are lucky. But if push came to shove they don't have the power to take the bike just issued tickets. 

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 10, 2008, 08:37:40 pm »
we have cops riding drz400s at meani. i have asked the seinor police at sutherland about the taking of your bike and he said they can if you get caught riding at meani.i was going to ride there as it is 5 min from my home, but he also said it was ileagle to ride at meani.not crown land any more. so i bought a tm300 and rode in state forests were as long as you have rego they cant touch you.there is a sign at belangalo instructing all bikes are regoed.we have been checked there by the ranger for bikes being unregested.

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2008, 08:44:09 pm »
so the bottom line is get your bike properly registered with all the correct legal requirements, a quiet muffler, and dont ride in areas that bikes are not allowed in and follow the road rules and you have nothing to worry about  ;D
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2008, 10:08:08 pm »
THAT IS CORRECT.AND FOR THOSE WHO DONT BELIVE COPS CAN TAKE YOUR BIKE THEY HAVE HAD THE POWER FOR A FEW YEARS NOW
http://www.police.nsw.gov.au/community_issues/cspc/northern_region2/lower_hunter/reports/2006/20060420_Central

Unregistered Motorbikes.
 Mayor Mr Blackmore – off road motorbikes continuing concern to Council and residents. Number of complaints from Morpeth Manor area. This was responded to by Maitland HWP trail bike officers in an operation. Sergeant Collis detailed a recent operation targeting unregistered motorbikes in the area resulted in 18 infringements being issued. Future operations and patrols to continue. Discussions regarding training of officers to perform duties, resourcing further trail bike officers from Sydney for operations and the powers police have to confiscate unregistered motorbikes.

THIS WAS FROM APRIL 2006

Expat

« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2008, 07:02:56 pm »
When I was a teenager living in South Africa....1981.......the Cops pulled our ute over and issued warnings that the 2 new 125 motorcrossers on the back had to be registered.

My points that they were competition off road bikes and in transit was dismissed.......

They were "motor vehicles"...and as such had to be either registered or de registered.......and I was to retain the registration/ de registration paperwork on me while said "motor vehicles" were transported ........guessing this applied to storing motorcycles in your shed as well?

oldfart

« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2008, 07:20:25 pm »
Just finished reading free magazine     Cycle torque    and Victoria    Vicroads has plans of introducing front number plates for 2009  WTF
Swan Insurance is dead against the Idea :)

lms6201

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2008, 05:55:03 am »
tony , i sent info by mistake to admin as i thought email came from u , but was a pm ,i,ll go through it again , i,ll post it here , others may benifit , as i said earlier there is conditional rego available for non compling vehicles such as earthmoving gear and mowers and in this cat. there is provision for off road bikes for rec use , there are limits and conditions for use , u don,t have to take the machine anywhere , it is self certification , i have done this with my wr 500 , u can download the form from the dot site , for bikes off road the general operating cod is limited access    codes are lo3    lo6(a)  lo7      u will need form #17   guideline for conditionally registered vehicles  in it u will find where and what u can do but u can use in (lo3)  forest reserve , along with others , national parks told me i can use at kinkuna np so that covers me on the beach there , speed restriction applies , as far as i can decifer , lights are only required during hours of darkness   , i will post a WARNING  , nat parks with police backup are shutting down all forestry and state controlled land    , this blitz is due directly ( from nat parks rangers ) to two deaths here locally on off road machines (bundy)    just adding  there is a possibility if your machine is eligible for full rego (it 465 has a comp plate ) it may  not be eligible for conditioal rego (this is something that will have to be tried )
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 06:03:10 am by lms6201 »

Offline TonyB

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2008, 09:51:11 am »
IMS, I dont bvelieve we have this special registration in Queensland?? can anyone confirm
'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,totally worn out, shouting,  ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! ' '

lms6201

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2008, 07:07:32 pm »
 mate , i,ve just done it , please read the post properly

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2008, 09:02:19 pm »
Tony,
There is a thing called "Restricted Rego" in qld,I have it for my machinery, it basically allows me to drive on the road in stuff that you can't normally register ie. bobcat, dingo, excavator....never thought of using it for a dirt bike though.

Offline TonyB

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 28, 2008, 03:54:50 pm »
Ok thanks IMS I just looked it up , but under L06A it looks as though you need a police clearance or approval to operate?? besides the form and getting the 3 rd party what else like permissions or approvals do I need to get?
'Life's Journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,totally worn out, shouting,  ' Holy sh!t... What a Ride!! ' '

lms6201

« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2008, 05:26:20 pm »
the old forestry permit system is dead and burried , get your reg and your good to go , stick lights on if u want , i,m going to have a go without , i like the 100m each way loading and unloading on a road bit , might park the trailer up town and let rip 100m each way !!!!