Author Topic: Licence fees  (Read 31744 times)

Offline allan hughes

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Licence fees
« Reply #45 on: January 10, 2017, 08:52:26 pm »

we have for 25 years had
 one event licences for all disciplines this is to encourage newbys
then you either dont like it or buy a annual licence
in recent times MA has allowed one event licences for vintage national and state titles
this is a good thing
or am i missing the point 

HeavenVMX

« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2017, 07:26:51 am »
You are right they are a good thing when used in the manner you describe.

The one meeting national licences as used for the Aust titles is a different process as the rider needs to organise it prior to the meeting. The meeting organiser does not have to hold licences or fill them out on the day which is great.

These one meeting National licences would probably not be required if the club level OML was used as you describe that is as a try out the racing experience thing.

I don't think anyone is suggesting OML should be dropped just the seemingly large disparity in cost increase and the additional workload at club meetings for often repeat users of these licences. Maybe the cost increase will resolve that.

Offline gra1961

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2017, 08:09:27 am »
at a guess there would be a lot of guys in their mid 50's who have raced a bit but no longer need a full licence and still have vmx bikes and  think ok i might just do a couple of meetings and get a few of your mates organised to ride as well but at this new one meeting licence price it makes you think twice (not that $90 is hard to find)its that it just seems a bit of a touch especially if it was a club day.not everybody that gets a oml is a newbee.

HeavenVMX

« Reply #48 on: January 11, 2017, 09:23:05 am »
You can not race even at a club day with a rec licence.

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 11, 2017, 10:37:58 am »
Just reading between the lines here.....

IF a meeting wasn't labelled as a "RACE" and was instead labelled a "RIDE DAY" then our fees would be much cheaper.
I also personally believe that the word "RACE" puts alot of people off riding. Take a look at the popularity of events like Classic Dirt and Broadford Bike Bonanza for evidence of my point.
I have attended one meeting in Australia where there were no trophies or even results entered into the equation and yet there was well over 100 entries and over 200 bikes! And let me tell you, there wasn't anybody going slow. There was no bitching about eligibility or the lack of trophies either, just smiles everywhere.....
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #50 on: January 11, 2017, 12:22:52 pm »
so what happens now at classic dirt,& easters Bonanza at broadford,are they now $90 event licences?,crunch them numbers, :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

HeavenVMX

« Reply #51 on: January 11, 2017, 12:26:45 pm »
so what happens now at classic dirt,& easters Bonanza at broadford,are they now $90 event licences?,crunch them numbers, :P
Mick Classic Dirt and BBB do not have races so are rec rides therefore only a rec ride licence is required the same as VTR events.

Offline Gippslander

• A-Grade
  • Google "Ancient Greek Sculpture for Kids" 2C more
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 11, 2017, 12:47:37 pm »
some above have asked about the $ that MA pays out on insurance claims - the payouts for 2013 under the heading "MAInsurance Limited" from the MA accounts report on the website (and if I'm wrong in reading the accounts tell me - I'm not a number cruncher)

MA insurance Limited,  gross claims paid $3,389,559

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 11, 2017, 04:14:13 pm »
Why would you pay for a licence? Oh yeah so officials can travel to international meetings and save barrabool. Yeah right
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline Gippslander

• A-Grade
  • Google "Ancient Greek Sculpture for Kids" 2C more
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 11, 2017, 05:52:26 pm »
Got me thinkin' the 2013 asset sheet shows nett MA assets of $8,200,000 - so why do they not save at least the 1/3rd of Barrabool that the club would need to continue? especially when selling the other 2/3rds should actually turn them a profit.

So the licence fees build up 8.2 million bucks and they can't see their way clear to save 1/3rd of Barrabool....

(as said above - happy to be corrected on the numbers)

Offline Oldfart

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 11, 2017, 08:48:34 pm »
Its registered as a non profit making organisation I believe from what I have just read ??
page 10 ...income tax   statement  says they don't pay any.

and if the company winds up each director is only liable to pay $7-00 each under their constitution ......would like to see how much of our license fees and rider levies each director pulls each year from the system
as its nicely hidden in amongst the breakdown. 

« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 09:03:00 pm by Oldfart »

Offline allan hughes

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 11, 2017, 09:04:40 pm »
kb171
you cant enter a  race meet on a rec licence

Offline Barra

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 11, 2017, 10:04:06 pm »
although it is for the financial year ending 2013 (last I could see) the MA reports show where the licence fees go and what was spent on insurance - would still be about the same "ratio" (from about page 30)

http://www.ma.org.au/fileadmin/user_upload/Documents/Board_reports/MA_Ltd_Consolidated_Accounts_2013_FINAL_Signed.pdf

And look for the legal expenses spent (wasted >:() on Barrabool (at page 36) crikey - any bush lawyer could have told them no-one was gonna' let them go from the long standing reasonable club useage to a full on motorcycling track open heaps more - what were they smokin?

Thanks Gippslander, that report is interesting - but shows only a portion of the real legal costs wasted (as you say) on Barrabool. There were also legal costs associated with fighting residents in 2010, 2011 and 2014 with total costs wasted approaching more like $1.5M.  Absolute waste on a fight that was never winnable.  >:(

Yours truly sat down with the then CEO and MA solicitors presenting them with an exit plan for MA that would have saved 1/2 a $mill in further legals, seen Barrabool continue (with possibly another second new track opening in Geelong), all with MA looking like the good guys.  An easy out.  So what did they do? The idiotic decisions made are now set in history. Take note of the Directors at the beginning of that report - and the CEO - all responsible  >:( :'(

Sorry for the hijack, but any chance to dispel the untruths about Barrabool and I'm in! For the record, despite the Barrabool land now sold, the club still hold legal existing use rights for motorcycling until the END of 2017! Theoretically, if the new owner wanted motorcycling to continue, then 2017 is the only year it can happen!       

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 12, 2017, 08:47:22 am »
5 pages Geoff, its going well ;)

HeavenVMX

« Reply #59 on: January 12, 2017, 11:24:13 am »
I stand corrected Kevin ONE MEETING ::)

No one would have asked MA because it is a bit like talking to a wall (this is my personal experience and opinion not HEAVEN VMX the club). Maybe when NOW you are appointed Commissioner you can fix that.

I'll add it to the list.

Also what do you mean by "when" "NOW"
Your right Kev wrong word corrected above