Author Topic: Licence fees  (Read 31732 times)

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Licence fees
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2017, 12:34:47 pm »
Yes HeavenVMX, I see the point alright. The increase is out of line with the other increases. Perhaps more claims have been made by people with one event licences than with annual ones?

Tex

HeavenVMX

« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2017, 02:55:22 pm »
My understanding is
  • The permit fees cover the promotor (club) & officials for liability
  • The riders levy covers the rider for liability
  • The riders licence civers the rider against injuring themselves (not really worth much if you actually work for living as the payout is very low)
It should be noted that no insurance protects you for deliberate acts or gross negligence

Tex, it does not appear that MA insurance differentiates risk groups that closely otherwise there would be a different cost for each form of one event competition licence. Currently they only adjust yearly licence cost for the non speed related competitions such as trials yet the one event licence is the same for everyone regardless.

It seems that MA is trying to force riders to buy a national licence.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 03:05:37 pm by HeavenVMX »

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2017, 03:00:58 pm »
Yes MA need to explain why the ONE MEETING LICENCE (not one event) went up by so much.  Just one point in this.  I don't know the exact amounts, but I believe the amount for a one meeting licence can then be used to offset the price of an annual licence.

eg  $320.00 - $90.00 is what you may pay if you use a OML and then decide you want a National Licence.  I'm sure there is a time limit for this (of course).

Has anyone asked MA to explain?
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

HeavenVMX

« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2017, 03:06:49 pm »
I stand corrected Kevin ONE MEETING ::)

No one would have asked MA because it is a bit like talking to a wall (this is my personal experience and opinion not HEAVEN VMX the club). Maybe when you are appointed Commissioner you can fix that.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 03:10:59 pm by HeavenVMX »

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2017, 03:11:27 pm »
Regardless of the reason for the price hike, "one day race licenses" are one of the biggest pains in the arse for any motorcycle club. Clubs have to prepay for them up front & unfortunately a lot of guys who say they are coming (or even pre-enter, ordering a ODL) to an event just don't turn up! Try charging them for the license they ordered & see what happens. This can & does leave clubs considerably out of pocket for that meeting & some are left with book(s) full of unused licenses at the end of the season. Then there's the time involved in signing people in the morning of an event. Anyone who's ever been involved at sign in knows all about this, signing off on 50 plus one dayer's is a nightmare! I'm in no way defending the price rise, but maybe it will help with some of the angst club officials go through with them. I'm a believer if you want or intend to race, you buy a full licence. If you want to "try racing" you go along to a club practise day & do it under a $30 rec license. Not a lot of difference except for the gate drop. You can do that as many times as you like until you're certain or not you actually want to race your motorcycle.
K
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 03:13:54 pm by bigk »

HeavenVMX

« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2017, 03:14:19 pm »
You are absolutely correct BigK. They are a pain in the arse :(

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2017, 04:02:02 pm »

No one would have asked MA because it is a bit like talking to a wall (this is my personal experience and opinion not HEAVEN VMX the club). Maybe when you are appointed Commissioner you can fix that.

I'll add it to the list.

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2017, 04:10:28 pm »
Regardless of the reason for the price hike, "one day race licenses" are one of the biggest pains in the arse for any motorcycle club. Clubs have to prepay for them up front & unfortunately a lot of guys who say they are coming (or even pre-enter, ordering a ODL) to an event just don't turn up! Try charging them for the license they ordered & see what happens. This can & does leave clubs considerably out of pocket for that meeting & some are left with book(s) full of unused licenses at the end of the season. Then there's the time involved in signing people in the morning of an event. Anyone who's ever been involved at sign in knows all about this, signing off on 50 plus one dayer's is a nightmare! I'm in no way defending the price rise, but maybe it will help with some of the angst club officials go through with them. I'm a believer if you want or intend to race, you buy a full licence. If you want to "try racing" you go along to a club practise day & do it under a $30 rec license. Not a lot of difference except for the gate drop. You can do that as many times as you like until you're certain or not you actually want to race your motorcycle.
K

Yes the one meeting licences are a pain. Maybe the clubs should ask the SCBs/MA to reduce the number in a book etc.  MQ will do refunds on full books.

I believe what the price may do is encourage riders to maybe use a OML to try a club day and if they like it take the next step and use that OML to offset the cost of a full National licence.

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 09, 2017, 08:07:08 pm »
Thanks for that reply and useful explanation of how the three components work HeavenVMX.

Tex

Offline Gippslander

• A-Grade
  • Google "Ancient Greek Sculpture for Kids" 2C more
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 09, 2017, 10:47:42 pm »
although it is for the financial year ending 2013 (last I could see) the MA reports show where the licence fees go and what was spent on insurance - would still be about the same "ratio" (from about page 30)

http://www.ma.org.au/fileadmin/user_upload/Documents/Board_reports/MA_Ltd_Consolidated_Accounts_2013_FINAL_Signed.pdf

And look for the legal expenses spent (wasted >:() on Barrabool (at page 36) crikey - any bush lawyer could have told them no-one was gonna' let them go from the long standing reasonable club useage to a full on motorcycling track open heaps more - what were they smokin?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 11:12:22 pm by Gippslander »

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2017, 11:58:55 pm »

Yes the one meeting licences are a pain. Maybe the clubs should ask the SCBs/MA to reduce the number in a book etc.  MQ will do refunds on full books. EDIT >> Clubs << also can order and print amount required

I believe what the price may do is encourage riders to maybe use a OML to try a club day and if they like it take the next step and use that OML to offset the cost of a full National licence. yep, youve got certain time frame to buy your National licence with the $90 off.
[/quote]
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 08:05:04 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 10, 2017, 02:41:34 pm »

I'll add it to the list.

Also what do you mean by "when"

Offline BSA-B5

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 10, 2017, 07:21:21 pm »
i bought a 12 month licence senior licence, used once at the Vintage title, when it up renewal, I will pay for a new one, one day licence need to go, they where  never heard of in  the 60`s and 70`s. I don`t think its right for a club to buy a book of one day licence, and hoping that one day they will sell them, it should be up to the rider to purchase a one day licence from MA. or MV. Once that rider has done that then he can enter the meeting on that day and show his one day licence.

HeavenVMX

« Reply #43 on: January 10, 2017, 07:25:56 pm »
online one meeting lincences are coming. They are available now but I have not seen one at a meeting. You buy and pay for the OML online, print out the document and take it with you to the meeting.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 08:23:37 pm by HeavenVMX »

Offline Oldfart

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 10, 2017, 08:25:08 pm »
Have any of you ever made a claim against the  MA riders insurance ... be good to know.