Author Topic: OzVMX to close  (Read 23583 times)

Offline brent j

• Legend
  • Darwin, NT. Suzuki tragic, RL250M TS90MX PE250B
    • View Profile
Re: OzVMX to close
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2016, 09:13:06 PM »
Thank you Graeme for your years of work and dedication to this site and others.

Sorry to see it go but we all have changes of priorities on our lives,  all the best for the future

Cheers

Brent

PS I still reckon you need a Freeride! ::)
The older I get, the faster I was

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2016, 09:23:05 PM »
Will be a sad day but got a lot of fun and met heaps of great people through this site.

Thanks Graeme
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2016, 10:15:06 PM »
Thanks Graeme for being the custodian of this forum for so long.

As many have noted, this forum has been a wealth of information & inspiration for fans of old dirt bikes. You've also been a great example of how a forum should be run.

Best wishes with your other pursuits.

Tex

Offline Oldfart

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2016, 08:35:54 AM »
Many thanks Graeme, The wealth of knowledge and imformation available on this site is second to none and I used to enjoy reading
the new stories every day over a cuppa tea
Enjoy your new passion in life.
Stewart

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2016, 01:55:45 PM »
Thank you Graeme for your years of dedication to keeping OZVMX up and running. I don't do facebook or any of that shite so OZVMX has been my go to for my fix of vintage mx and related club info for years. Sadly, most of the related clubs don't provide much info here anymore and many of the stalwarts of VMX don't participate either. No doubt in part to the unrelenting nit picking and arguments that USED to frequent here from time to time. Seems the antagonists have found somewhere else to shovel their wares of negativity and no longer participate here because there is nothing to nit pick at.
The archives have been invaluable for me at times and it would be a shame to see them disappear from the web forever.
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline SUZUKI311

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2016, 05:11:32 PM »
Its all been said by the other forum members, I cant add much. Through the time you have always maintained a dignified, selfless, mature and responsible outlook, even when some tried to turn things personal. But anyway, wow, what a great ride its been, thanks for all of your efforts over the time Graeme, I cant even imagine how much time and resources you have put into this, enjoy a well deserved rest, regards, Bill
1977 RM80B-UNDER CONSTRUCTION-(Still after 11 years !) 2017 KTM 350EXCF , 96 CBR600, . Member of Bendigo Motorcycle club since 1981, Viper No. 311 (old VMBA Number!!)

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2016, 09:24:09 PM »
I can only echo the same comments, creating this site has brought many people together from all over, there are club sites we can go to for local info but this site has made me more aware of what is happening in places from W.A. to across the ditch and it has been great to find other like minded people.
Clubs have also benefited from promoting their events to a wider audience.
Yes, just like any club there is always a dickhead to be found but the forum is really only what it is due to the great postings from the many characters that have frequented this site, and just like any club people move on which isn’t really a reflection on the forum/club itself, it’s just a sign of the times.
Thanks for creating this site Graeme and thanks for all your patience, the VMX world is a healthier place thanks to your efforts.

I don’t think the Ning site will be missed that much and if I read right we have 10 more months of talking shit before you pull the plug on this forum?
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2016, 11:59:04 AM »
like Firko said, and a big thankyou Graeme, good effort mate. cheers Worms

Offline ghostrider

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 05, 2016, 03:27:06 PM »
   thanks for concept , the vast amount of comment & knowledge contained within this site , I understand completely where you are coming from , but change is inevitable and a little revolution now and then is a good thing-- a heartfelt thank you for your dedication and hard work over the years --happy trails to whatever you do next  ;)

Offline KTMaico

• A-Grade
  • "Love or Lust it's always a Maico"
    • View Profile
    • Maico Lovers & Fans
« Reply #39 on: September 05, 2016, 05:40:22 PM »
I only just stumbled across this posting and I am made very sad to hear about the closing of this institution. Graeme you brought together a large amount of people to help create the Australian and NZ VMX community, even though you have not been thanked enough for all your hard work and effort you will now and for ever more be recognised as a major contributor to VMX. Thank you one last time and I hope that all your future endevours are just as successful.

Post Script:
                   As Firko and a few others have alluded to, a few bad apples wont stop me from enjoying my VMX

Kevin
1981 Maico 490 (Special Build)
1979 Husqvarna CR250
1975 Suzuki RH250
1975 Suzuki RM125 S
1959 Mk1 Jaguar 3.4 4 speed manual with O/Drive

Offline Iain Cameron

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 05, 2016, 06:03:50 PM »
Well this is a bit of a shock , even though I have dropped off posting on the site in the last year or so due to the trend to a more modern era of dirt bikes I have enjoyed this site and thank you Graeme for you tolerance of some of us . Like uncle Firko said the movement has passed me by . I'm still stuck in the early 70's .
I will miss Ozvmx
Thank you for your vision Graeme .
Iain #54 .
Yamaha tragic ; dt1, rt1, dt2, rt2, dt2mx , rt2mx , mx250, mx360,sc500, 74dt125, yzx125, yzc250, yzc400, yzd250, yzd400, yzh250, yzh80 , dt100 , xr75 ko xr80 03 , it175 82 . Not a member of any club

Offline mick25

• Legend
  • Hunter valley NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 05, 2016, 06:38:34 PM »
Thanks Graeme for the ride  ;)
I've been a die hard forum member for the last ten years
Gezz time flys , I found a old family friend on this forum who I haven't heard or seen for 25 odd years
Lost all contact with him a kiwi bro  8) brent j so if it wasn't for you our family wouldn't know where he was ( bloody Darwin  ;D ) I have found so much help and info on here it's made life a lot easer  ;) all the best in the future .

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 05, 2016, 10:05:27 PM »
Thanks so much for all your kind words. I am away from home on family matters (been quite a year for that) with access via phone only and I hate typing on that!

Just to clarify, I am closing the Facebook group and the Ning site as soon as I get back home. The forum will remain active until July next year when the current server subscription expires. I will have to think about what happens then - perhaps I will keep it online but not active...

And as far as what I am up to rather than VMX, well in dirtbike terms its modern dirt track but my main passion now is trying to change the world. Got Buckleys of achieving that but I believe I have to give it a shot. The things you end up doing eh?

Offline fred99999au

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 05, 2016, 10:20:04 PM »
Goodonya Graeme. Your stewardship should give it a good shake.

Thank you.

Offline allan hughes

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 06, 2016, 10:59:40 AM »
thanks graeme    keep in touch
always a spare bike when you come to brisbane/maryborough
AL #145    Julia #F67