Author Topic: OzVMX to close  (Read 23641 times)

Offline Viper65

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: OzVMX to close
« Reply #45 on: September 06, 2016, 02:27:08 PM »
Thank you Graeme - we can only guess at the work involved in managing these services that have benefitted so many over the years.  Your efforts and interest in making this a great source of information and a focal point for the VMX community are commended.
We wish you well and hope you get back to enjoying your passion for all things VMX eventually - without the stress!
Cheers
Steve & Jo
Suzuki RM370B, RM400C, RM400N, RM250D, RM250K, PE250 (82), KTM 250GS (81), KTM350GS (88), XR600 x 2, RMZ450 x 2 (07 and 012), KTM250 EXC, Gas Gas 125 (08), Gas Gas 250 (10) Trials & TTR125 and XR80 (82)
Author of Scooter News

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 06, 2016, 05:53:28 PM »
thanks for all the work and time you have put in to keep this page on track
 will miss it realy has some great photos as well
jim

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 06, 2016, 07:39:58 PM »
Huge thanks Graeme ;)  Really I am lost for words but we all are getting older leaving just memories of our hey day.     and the world will keep turning.     Cheers
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 06, 2016, 09:01:26 PM »
Big thanks Graeme for providing us with this forum. It has been a wealth of knowledge for more than old bikes. The brains trust on here is wide and varied. Hopefully someone may pick up the torch, like a vmx club perhaps. Even if they sold advertising so it pays its way.

I'm sure a lot of old bike tinkerers will be lost as we won't be able to run in from the shed and search or ask for a solution to whatever problem besieges us at the moment.

Unfortunately everything changes and/or comes to an end, the next generation never carries the torch the way the previous generation want it carried. What was meaningful to them will be irrelevant to the next and so on.

Offline James Lee

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2016, 07:59:46 AM »
This is no good at all,its the only place to come that isn't ruled by the young know it alls with phone hardwired to their hand.

Offline smed

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 08, 2016, 10:37:57 AM »
Thank's Graeme for giving us this place & for putting up with the crap that went on from time to time ;) :) :) :) :) :) :), I find the way this forum is set up in bike brands,For sale, Tech etc sections is great if you need to look back on something, FB is just not floating my boat,trying to find something previously read on there is a nightmare,which page was it on again :( :( :( :( :( :( :(.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2016, 03:02:27 PM »
Graeme M is there a process or anything we could do to support you in keeping this GIANT knowledge base open in the coming year ?
Thanks
Best is in the West !!

Offline KTMaico

• A-Grade
  • "Love or Lust it's always a Maico"
    • View Profile
    • Maico Lovers & Fans
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2016, 09:11:20 PM »
I have been thinking the same thing, there must be a way of saving this site. In this case I think it would have to be an individual or organisation to take over the whole lot. I believe that Ning sites can be converted across to say Joomla and Siteground only charge about $5.00-$7.00 per month for hosting Joomla sites. It would need to be a very enthusiastic person or group to dedicate the time required. I would and I am sure others would donate some money to keep OZVMX going. Any retirees out there that can afford the time and have endless patience with our lot?

Kevin
1981 Maico 490 (Special Build)
1979 Husqvarna CR250
1975 Suzuki RH250
1975 Suzuki RM125 S
1959 Mk1 Jaguar 3.4 4 speed manual with O/Drive

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2016, 09:35:54 PM »
I recently posted on the ozVMX forum and issued an email to all members of the ozvmx.com website that I would be closing all of these sites and the Facebook page. However, I have had several people/groups contact me in regard to possibly taking over from me and I am in discussions about that possibility.

As a result, all three sites will continue for now until discussions have resulted in an outcome one way or the other. At that time I will inform everybody of next steps. I do expect some changes to occur.

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 14, 2016, 08:52:03 AM »
legend... ;)