Author Topic: TMBill injured at Connondale!!  (Read 14818 times)

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
Re: TMBill injured at Connondale!!
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2008, 09:15:01 pm »
not too good there Bill, get welll soon champ!
although, most stories i've heard about Nambour hospital? they go in, but they never come out.......
 ;)
"flat bickie"

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2008, 09:20:46 pm »
I was typing a bit of a story for you blokes when Bills Dad posted; so priorities first!
Anyhoos, I type slow so I don't want to waste the bit I had tapped out:

Jeez news travels fast! I've just got in the door from Connondale and you blokes have already pumped out a zillion tributes.
Yep, it's an unfortunate story but in true Bill fashion he's turned a painful incident into quite a laugh; believe it or not.
When Bill left for the Hospital in the back of the Ambulance - with DJ driving (someone else can tell that story) it was believed to be a broken leg.

Can I tell you something about Bill? He's consistent!
He's a funny bugger on the forum, he's a funny bugger in person and he's a real funny bugger when he's lying next to his bike with a painful (most likely broken) leg.
Everyone who was there with Bill can tell you he's a crack up even in the throes of pain.
As bad as it was, with Bill sucking some magic anaesthetic from a green tube and a morphine shot in the arm, he kept on trotting out the one liners.
He even found a moment to sing the chorus line from the old Police classic, 'Roxanne'.
He's lying there with three or four Ambos attending, maybe another four or five Riders and onlookers and rising out of the scene is "ROXXXX-AAAANNE!!!" at full noise!
I can't remember ever laughing so hard at the scene of a motorcycle accident! and I mean that with all respect to Bill.
The Ambos are asking the serious questions and Bill's firing back with pure comedy!

That was the scene at the track this morning.
He now sounds his normal self on the phone and he's happy with his treatment.
DJ is with him - and plenty of us live in the greater Brisbane area and are happy to help in any way.

Be assured TM Bill is held in high regard within the VMX community - despite being both a Pom and a Kiwi! ;)
He's now got more personal mobile numbers and offers of help than he'll know what to do with.

"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

billdoe

« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2008, 10:21:46 pm »
Spoke to Bill he's sitting up in bed he's having an op tommorow morning he's on the morphine and is cheerfull
Thanks for the help from you guys in locating him, mums happy now.
Bill senior

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2008, 10:23:24 pm »
Bill as Billjackjane has already honestly stated "Aw forket get well soon!"  but stay morphine zonked for now ;) Tim          Well ....    You don't have to put on that red dress tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2008, 10:26:25 pm »
Spoke to Bill he's sitting up in bed he's having an op tommorow morning he's on the morphine and is cheerfull
Thanks for the help from you guys in locating him, mums happy now.
Bill senior
Thanks for the update, glad to hear you're able to chat with him.
And here's Bill this morning - heading out for a practice lap in his new jersey, courtesy of Dad.
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2008, 10:29:52 pm »
Im bettin he wil try the red dress on just cause he can ;)

Best of luck with the nursies young william

Offline KB171

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2008, 10:44:42 pm »
Thats a bit of bad news,hope it goes well tomorrow bill, He's got the perfect excuse for sittin around with no pants on now  ;D
Cheers KB.

firko

« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2008, 10:49:08 pm »
All the best Bill. I passed on your predicament to all of the Kevlar brothers this evening and we all pass on our regards and best wishes.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2008, 11:26:51 pm »
This thread disturbs me on many levels.
Firstly because I've been altered to the fact that Bill has a mother - I'd been assuming that he simply sprung from the earth, like something from a Tolkien story.
Secondly, because he's probably going to spend at lot more time at the PC, and will (further) lower the tone of these forums.
Finally, because its never cool when people get hurt, particularly fellow VMXers, and extra-particularly those that are good blokes like Bill.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2008, 01:06:31 am »
I'm sure Bill will recover just fine(Dr death is in custody), just Nambour Hospital will have the scars though, geez Bill just think of all those undesirable loan defaulters who get to keep their clapped out car for a few months with out you repossesing them ;D
Remember chicks dig scars.
Cheers
Lozza

Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline dkupf

• A-Grade
  • Kinka Beach Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2008, 05:00:09 am »
As he was laying  on the track all he wanted to do was get the bike and him out of the way so he wouldn't stuff up our day by having to restart the race. Best off luck Bill hope you have a speedy recovery. Darcy
P.s. I was a couple of bikes back when he hit the dirt and it didn't look good  >:(
I might not be winning,But I'll be grinning

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2008, 05:03:57 am »
Have seen TM bill legless but not with broken leg,all the best from  from kiwi klub kevlar get well the suzuki you broke is fixed and waiting for you
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Doc

« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2008, 07:05:31 am »
Sorry Mr Bill Doe senior. I had thought when I posted this initially that it would cause a little concern to his immediate family and friends but I had no way of contacting anyone to get further contact info. I had actually been told it was a bad break but I ommitted that bit initially so as no to cause further stress. Bill get better soon mate and don't worry, I disagree with Vandy for the simple reason my Mum went into Nambour Hospital about 45 years and came out with me. I was born there! ;D

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2008, 08:13:26 am »
Hope every things goes alright,
We had a broken leg  in Canberra as well during practice on Sat, and
its a bit sobering when you realise you have to get someone else to drive home after the meeting,
speedy recovery guys.
Cheers
Noel

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 11, 2008, 09:46:50 am »
I know we all wish Bill a speedy recovery, but spare a thought for the poor nurses that have to look after him. I bet they will get more than they bargained for on their next few shifts. If he is not careful it could be bed baths from the Matron with a cold spoon!!!

Keep it up Bill the forum is behind you.
VMX42
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down hereā€¦

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"