Author Topic: Classic Dirt 12, 10-13 June Conondale  (Read 45076 times)

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Classic Dirt 12, 10-13 June Conondale
« Reply #30 on: May 16, 2016, 12:31:37 pm »
The entry form in utter bull shit to me . I just want to ride my bike , drink a beer with some mates , now I don't think I will go. Have we really let things get this bad?

I can't understand what you are complaining about.  The sup-regs and simple entry form just helps getting it all organised.  Try organising something with 600 riders and probably twice as many bikes and then see if you think it is necessary.
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline Oldfart

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2016, 12:32:02 pm »
Had the same problem last night .... you have to tick Spectator even though you are an entrant for some mad reason.
It automatically adds a recreational license fee then deducts it in check out ...   WTF
$110-oo plus  green park levy of $5-oo total should be $115-oo
for each spectator add another $20-oo per person 
Talk about collecting your  personal details ... they can get farked .... just put 000 in fields.

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2016, 12:49:52 pm »
good $$ for selling data to advertisers...hence a lot of online booking systems are the go. easy for the club and the web host "MAY" get a kicker later. im sure not everyone does this..... I do know that everytime I go to a conference / seminar etc, im bombarded with stuff for months afterwards

Offline skypig

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2016, 01:09:12 pm »
I agree, it's over the top, but that's the way of the world. In fact as far as somethings go, it's lucky it's not worse. (Here is the high Vis gear I promise to wear at all times!")

This is a standard entry form these days.
I record all the details (Drs details etc) on a piece of paper. Helps speed it up each time. You can make a lot of it up if that suits.

The only two glitches I came up against were:
The first entry is for printing out. Click "agree" and "next" and you get an online form.
As mentioned, it won't accept blank for spectators. I typed "Na".

The whole thing took 5 mins.
I think you can pay on the day? If there are any spaces left.

News flash Slakewell.
We all just want to ride our bikes and drink beer with our mates. ;)
Fill in the crappy form, pay $115 (if you have a competition Licence) and come and ride, drink beer, and thank our lucky stars someone else is organizing this great track/event for us!

:)

Offline William Doe

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2016, 01:56:53 pm »
The entry form in utter bull shit to me . I just want to ride my bike , drink a beer with some mates , now I don't think I will go. Have we really let things get this bad?

Have a Beer Mick and go through the process you know it will be worth it  :D

Kev has tried to explain in his usual hand grenade way  ::) I find it a pain in the arse to but im sure the VMX team wouldn't have gone down that road if it wasnt necessary .

It seems more and more events over your way are using this system, like Stew says its flawed in so much as you cannot think like a MXer when trying to navigate it you have to think like a robot  ::)

Thats why Kev embraces it   ;D
Its only old bike racing FFS get over yourselves

The Artist formerly known as TM Bill

Offline HVA61

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2016, 02:06:33 pm »
Come on Slacko , get with the programme.

Drag that 360 out and we will hammer it on the pre-78 track  8)
Autos are the way forward , see you round like a robot
Take the short cut, go Cross Country
The shortest distance between two points is Cross Country
CCM's and HL's bark like mad dogs

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2016, 02:13:57 pm »
They got the VIP riders out for us TMBill ,you crossing the ditch for #12 ?  :P :)

Best is in the West !!

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2016, 03:00:30 pm »
Yes Mick, and stay up for the Classic Nats the weekend after. We need your smiling face. 25th Anniversary since the first at Dargle 1991. A lot of the originals will be there

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2016, 03:02:45 pm »
What about you Bill, you in for the Nats ?

Offline William Doe

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2016, 03:35:43 pm »
Thanks Col but at this stage even CD is looking unlikley for me due to a few bumps in my personal life  ::)

Both will be great events i know and never say never  ;D

What a coup for Ken and VMX mag though getting not only Broc Glover but now the Legend of all legends Mr Heikki Mikkola  8) 8) 8) fantastic effort  ;D
Its only old bike racing FFS get over yourselves

The Artist formerly known as TM Bill

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2016, 05:43:37 pm »
Ok I have entered. I needed 2 beers just so I could bear it. WTF they need my doctors phone number? Like he would answer if they rang?
Not sure my reason for last unconscious reason being 2 bottles of red is relevant as well. 

Why is it? I can go hire a motorcycle in some far off country and then ride it thou 5 other countries in 2 weeks and fill out less/easier forms than to ride at CD?   
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 05:47:12 pm by Slakewell »
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline skypig

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2016, 06:18:34 pm »
Ok I have entered. I needed 2 beers just so I could bear it. WTF they need my doctors phone number? Like he would answer if they rang?
Not sure my reason for last unconscious reason being 2 bottles of red is relevant as well. 

Why is it? I can go hire a motorcycle in some far off country and then ride it thou 5 other countries in 2 weeks and fill out less/easier forms than to ride at CD?

"The world is going to hell in a hand cart"
It drives me mental. (My wife's last .22 cal target pistol was confiscated because "it's 7mm too short, under the NEW rules" WTF?!?)

Anyway, well done. ;D
I'll try and meet a few of the "names" from the forum at CD.
I'll be the one walking around at night with a LED hat, drinking Coopers Best Extra stout. During the day I'll be looking at my RM125X wondering how I used to keep in in the power band 100% of the time......

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2016, 06:27:47 pm »

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

You blokes should be on tv  ;D ;D ;D
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline Paulos

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2016, 06:40:54 pm »

It drives me mental. (My wife's last .22 cal target pistol was confiscated because "it's 7mm too short, under the NEW rules" WTF?!?)

Anyway, well done. ;D
I'll try and meet a few of the "names" from the forum at CD.
I'll be the one walking around at night with a LED hat, drinking Coopers Best Extra stout. During the day I'll be looking at my RM125X wondering how I used to keep in in the power band 100% of the time......

See you there, save me a coopers. I'll probably have a Tooheys Old in hand.

Offline Berwick Boy

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2016, 07:44:57 pm »
CD12 - VMX's Classic Dirt 12 - CD12
------------------
Thanks in advance Ken and team ...
Thanks NSR and the ground crew ...
Thank you Maleny Mothers Club!
Thanks to Yamaha for bringing in guest champions ...

I'm looking forward to some great times up at Conondale next month.

Maybe "WTF" could instead mean - What Terrific Fun!  (Rather than ripping into the work of others.)
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 07:46:51 pm by Berwick Boy »