Author Topic: I Gotta Quit Buying And Start Selling!  (Read 10313 times)

Offline Tahitian_Red

• Legend
  • Mugen ME480
    • View Profile
The "Factory Novice"
California, USA

'74 Suzuki TM100, '75 Bultaco 250 Pursang, '77 Honda XR75, '77 Suzuki RM125B, '77 Yamaha YZ400D, '79 Honda CR250RZ Moto-X Fox Replica, '83 Honda ME480RD Mugen

STW996

Re: I Gotta Quit Buying And Start Selling!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 05:54:57 am »
At these prices Mr Honda might be tempted to start making them again???????

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 01:12:47 pm »
have "spoken" via email and the Honda Elsinore web site with this guy - his bikes are awesome but try buying a restored tank - nearly $1800USD if I remember rightly!

cheers

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline crabman

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 03:20:44 pm »
Hi
I am in exactly the same space. I need help with my affliction -collecting Honda's. I also have the same problem looking for a 1973 CR 250 restored tank. I have just finnished a 1978 Hond cr 250. The only thing I CAN SAY IS WOW- probably my best resto todate. I now have all the key Honda's in my possession including a Honda works trials bike 9 in total. I will post a few photo's shortly
Old and slow - and happy

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 04:57:56 pm »
so crabman - I am in Tanzania at the moment - dont suppose there is any sense asking if there are any bikes available down your way? ;D

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 06:05:51 pm »
Very nice; but have you read the questions to the Seller?
Five of the six messages are blowing wind up his bum about how awesome it looks.
The Seller might like to field some questions about selling the thing!
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 08:02:30 pm »
Wombat - I do know that he restores and sells for basically a living - just a few months ago these weren't making reserve and now...................

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 11:53:22 pm »
Yeah, the bike looks mint; I'm suitably impressed. No question. 8)
The comments and replies amuse me though; it's like he's a rock star and the fans are gushing their admiration. :-*
I s'pose that seems critical but I expected to see meaningful questions to the Seller, not verbal puppy eyes! :P ::) 
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2008, 12:18:41 am »
agreed - it came across the same way on the Vintage Elsinores site.  It actually got to the poiint where I took offense to comments made re a GMC tank resto I have - $350Aus is a lot different to $1800USDs and I am more than happy with what I got on both occasions.

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2008, 01:03:39 am »
rossco
i also thought he was a bit up himself claming you tank was a 1976 not a 1974/73.i siad on the thread that you yanks can have a holiday in australia and get you tank done by gmc for the said 1800.00 us.he was not impressed with my comment.he als has wanted adds all over the internet for 73/74 cr250 any condition.
cheers
jim

Offline crabman

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2008, 03:36:52 am »
so crabman - I am in Tanzania at the moment - dont suppose there is any sense asking if there are any bikes available down your way? ;D

Rossco

Hi Rosco
Sorry mate not a chance, everybody wants Honda's here in South Africa. The aircooled Honda's are like hens teeth.
I try and buy whatever comes avaialble. I will post a few pics of my latest Honda, it is amazing. Took a lot of work after some bush doctor restored it with a can of red spray paint and silver spray paint.
thanks
Gavin

Old and slow - and happy

Quicksilver

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2008, 07:53:52 am »
I need two tanks repaired. I will be sending mine to Geoff. The tank on my third bike im building up at the moment is painted MT250 which looks ok for a ride bike. I have a spare alloy tank here that some so called restorer in Sydney repaired ( dont know who, tank came with a bike as a spare ) its a shocking job, who ever did the job wouldnt make a tank repairs arsehole. So puffed up is the tank on the inside it wont sit down over back bone of the frame. Fool either blew it up with compressed air or filled it with water and chucked in the freezer. It looks great hanging on shed wall but thats about all its good for. Maybe I should send it to Geoff as well.

I reckon in time someone will remake Elsinore tanks just like they do the Maico alloy tanks.

Quicksilver

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2008, 01:36:40 pm »
Example of how an MT250 tank can look ok on a CR and do the job on bike if your hard up finding a genuine alloy tank in good condition. This is not a restoration bike it is bike #3 which is built up from leftover CR parts and an the MT250 no one wanted. When its finished I sell it off as a Combo CR/MT Elsinore.

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2008, 01:41:58 pm »
slightly off thread - I have a spare 76 MT tank I think it is that can go to a good home if needed by anyone as I now have 2 CR tanks?

cheers

Rossco

PS thanks for the comments Jim - I thought the GMC tank was so good had Geoff do a second one for me.
1974 Yamaha YZ360B

Quicksilver

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2008, 01:54:00 pm »
slightly off thread - I have a spare 76 MT tank I think it is that can go to a good home if needed by anyone as I now have 2 CR tanks?

cheers

Rossco

PS thanks for the comments Jim - I thought the GMC tank was so good had Geoff do a second one for me.

Rossco.
Could you post a picture of the tank Geoff repaired. I have never seen his work in person but heard its first glass.