Author Topic: Matt Moss crash at Shep..  (Read 26510 times)

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: Matt Moss crash at Shep..
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2015, 03:36:04 pm »
Geez Kevin, someone or many stuffed up big time & someone is lucky to be alive as a result. Have you not been on a motocross track lately & put your faith in those doing the organising? No one is pointing fingers just asking some very legitimate questions, you should pull your head in.
K

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2015, 03:50:48 pm »
Official statement as posted on RacerX, points the finger at the bobcat operator.

racerxonline.com/2015/07/19/matt-moss-hospitalized-after-colliding-with-machinery-on-track?utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook

Rubbernecking would be watching the video over and over, and maybe reposting it, without actually putting any thought into it.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2015, 03:52:55 pm »
No one is pointing a finger. Have you read all the posts. Also read the official MA press release and Matt's Facebook page. Stop speculating.
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2015, 03:56:36 pm »
Yep, I've read all the posts, nothing much out of order there, all fair discussion. Questions need to be raised.
K

Offline Momus

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2015, 03:56:41 pm »
It is human nature to rubber neck and this is what you are all doing.

Pull your heads in.

It is a human evolutionary imperative to take careful notice of things that have harmed or killed others.

Those who didn't learn the lessons didn't get to reproduce.
If you love it, lube it.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2015, 04:05:05 pm »
The statement says "a piece of undirected machinery entered the track causing a collision..." (my bold).

The statement is very clearly claiming that the bobcat operator was not directed to be there, and clearly, directly placing the blame on the bobcat operator.
Whether either of these things are false or correct remains to be seen by us plebs, but the claims are in the public domain.

I don't know why you're so defensive about this. Is KW a mate of yours?
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2015, 05:47:57 pm »
No wash your mouth out.

I am just sick of the way people on so called social media stick their noses in and speculate.

No more from me.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2015, 10:48:28 pm by KTM47 »
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2015, 08:50:51 pm »
I get as annoyed as anyone when people imagine shit and then present it as fact.
This is not what's happening here.

Offline bigthumpa

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2015, 09:32:51 pm »
Hey guys, probably would be best to let this one drop. No worthwhile purpose can be served by inviting further comment on this topic, in fact it could possibly draw unwanted attention to the issue of track maintenance equipment and operators of said equipment that we all enjoy the benefit of at our club days. I think you all know where I am going with this. I am sure that process refinement will follow as a result.

Cheers
Nick

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2015, 09:59:01 am »
Unfortunately MX has gone the same way as most modern sports. There was no track grooming in the old days. In speedway now you watch the tractor go around more times than the bikes and that from club to sgp level. Footballers don't play in muddy conditions anymore. Build the track, do nothing for the day other than water.
Rosco 86

Offline Momus

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2015, 02:33:00 pm »
I like watching technical rides but when you are looking at this sort of hairy stuff it's probably in order. A section of the Shepparton track:

If you love it, lube it.

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2015, 05:22:44 pm »
The cynic in me somehow knew the bobcat operator would wear the brunt of the blame for this ridiculous and totally avoidable situation. Now two lives will forever be changed.

I saw with my own 2 eyes the bobcat being directed onto the track.....To do what I don't know but the poor guy didn't just decide to park the bobcat at the base of the jump for something to do.

There were at least 4 officials standing near the bobcat and not one of them could even bothered to run to the top of the jump to stop Matt. They all would of heard the announcement that Matt was starting his hot lap.

Talk about a world of dumb and dumber.

I'm not speculating here. I saw what I saw and not one individual on this planet will get me to "see things differently"
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2015, 07:12:24 pm »
well if that's the case and if you feel strongly about it i suggest you let it known what you saw on as many outlets as possible, i am not in the loop but from reading this sounds like the official's are ready to use the bobcat driver as a scapegoat.

Not a good scene, surely they would have heard the bike and could have stopped the accident.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline bigthumpa

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2015, 09:58:22 pm »
Hey guys, probably would be best to let this one drop. No worthwhile purpose can be served by inviting further comment on this topic, in fact it could possibly draw unwanted attention to the issue of track maintenance equipment and operators of said equipment that we all enjoy the benefit of at our club days. I think you all know where I am going with this. I am sure that process refinement will follow as a result.

Cheers
Nick
I repeat

Offline N22

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 22, 2015, 10:18:28 pm »
I know some people are upset by the debate,but I think the conversation is worth having.I feel extremely sorry for Matt and everyone else involved,hopefully his injuries will heal,and he can continue his career.
If you are not living on the Edge,you are taking up to much Space!!

BSA Gold Flash,Triumph Bonnevile,DT250A,YZ250B,PE250a.YZ125D,RM125C,RM125N,RM125X,IT175H,IT250G,03CRF250X,07CRF450X,O8CRF250