Author Topic: 2015 Beaufort Vinduro, May 9 - 10  (Read 32262 times)

Offline Curtis

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • japspec.com.au
Re: 2015 Beaufort Vinduro, May 9 - 10
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2015, 09:09:22 am »
Thanks to VERI and every one involved in running the event, another awesome weekend! Grass track on Saturday and 130K loop on Sunday for $60 bux, you cant get better value. A bit of cold weather and rain just added to the fun!  ;D

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2015, 09:50:47 pm »
Thanks to VERI and every one involved in running the event, another awesome weekend! Grass track on Saturday and 130K loop on Sunday for $60 bux, you cant get better value. A bit of cold weather and rain just added to the fun!

It makes all the work worthwhile when folks like yourself make the most of the whole weekend! Everyone I spoke to had a great time, despite the weather throwing up some challenges on Sunday.

Tex

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2015, 10:03:07 pm »
Some pics taken by Drakie on Sunday:

Parc Ferme looked foreboding on Sunday morn...

No signs of hypothermia at checkpoint #3

Steve Allen collected some foliage on his helmet camera!

XR riders don't feel the cold (must be all that kick starting)

Vinduro Penrite Team survivors

Tex

Offline oz555ktm

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2015, 10:34:33 pm »

come on Tex More photos Please ...

And Please forgive me as I cant Spell for Shit ...
And I have very Bad Gramer ...too I been told ......

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2015, 11:32:54 pm »

Looks like the Canam is the centre of attention!

The day improved markedly with the conditions alternating between squalls and sunshine. The course held up well and EVERY rider through the checkpoints grinning (wetly) and having some sort of a tale to tell. Unlike SOME off-road disciplines ( ::)) no-one refused to ride or was grizzling about the conditions, and were all looking forward to enjoying the challenges ahead with everyone pitching in to help each other on the trail. Good on you all!!
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

Offline the stig

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 12, 2015, 07:41:33 am »

Thanks  Paul  They say you have to take the Bad with the Good  But I have never had a Bad Day
      out on a bike yet...
      Is that a Montesa in the forground .
      It looks like I missed a good ride with no  Dust..graaa   :'(

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 12, 2015, 08:07:38 am »
Yep, a Montesa. Ran well too.

Offline mboddy

• A-Grade
  • Canberra
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 12, 2015, 09:10:49 am »
Here is a pic from the Special Test Track on Saturday.

Vinduro Penrite Team
1980 Yamaha IT125G, 1979 Yamaha IT175F, 1984 Yamaha IT200L, 1977 Yamaha IT250D and IT400D

Offline kdx Geoff

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2015, 09:27:50 am »

A pic of the can-am

There were a couple of nice hills near the start of section 1. Not long after this the rain restarted.

Buying kdx air cooled drum brake unitrak bikes and parts

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2015, 10:18:22 am »
no-one refused to ride or was grizzling about the conditions, and were all looking forward to enjoying the challenges ahead

Well I feel guilty now because I did grumble a bit about the cold but the tracks themselves were just friggin awesome.

Yes there were a couple of greasy hills not far from the start that seemed to have a few spectators but that was about the worst of it as far as hills go. There was a steep downhill sometime later that had me praying for my front brake cable to hang in there as I was squeezing it so hard.

The rain then set in but the pines did a good job of protecting us from some of it, you noticed the rain when we broke out onto a fire road every now and then as the rain would sting your face. I had a bit of a sore neck at the end of the day as I was riding with my head down so much trying to use the helmet peak to protect me from the elements.

With Drakie dribbling on about distances to the fuel dumps during riders briefing I was starting to think I should have bought a second fuel drum for the second fuel stop but when I refueled at the first fuel check it only took 3-4 litres. I checked it at the finish and I still had nearly half a tank. Either my KDX 250 is really fuel efficient or I was just running on the pilot jet all day!

After the pines section and the first fuel dump the tracks opened up a bit but by that time I was soaked through and I was starting to suffer from ‘Coolgardie Syndrome’ The faster speeds and the cold wind went right through my soaked clothes to turn my body into a fridge. I nursed myself through for a finish but there were a couple of times I overshot some corners because my cold fingers refused to act quickly to grab the brake. The fact that no one caught up to me suggests to me that everyone else had dropped the pace too.

This event reminded me so much of an 80’s Enduro it was like stepping back in time.

I had to bail out of Sat. as I had to go to a funeral, in Stratford of all places (4 hrs in the opposite direction)  so thanks to all who helped to make this event happen, especially  Rach. on the ‘desk’

It was my first outing on my new 250 (yes it runs at last) and it was a good event to run a bike in as overheating was never going to be an issue. Just have to fiddle with some tuning and set up issues now and then ponder gearing for Hopetoun.

Don't think there will be a lot of photo's as it wasn't a good day to have a camera out, I had mine with me but I didn't dare take it out of the car.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline The Wombat

• B-Grade
  • I think I can I think I can
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2015, 03:06:27 pm »

Looks like the Canam is the centre of attention!

Yeah people checking out the Shovel holder, hoping u were a sweep rider with a shovel to dig thenm out of the ruts  ;D

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2015, 03:41:05 pm »
Yeah people checking out the Shovel holder, hoping u were a sweep rider with a shovel to dig thenm out of the ruts  ;D

Nope, the other sweeps were fit enough to help push anyone stuck. And do something about your stutter.......

Offline The Wombat

• B-Grade
  • I think I can I think I can
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2015, 06:10:46 pm »

Nope, the other sweeps were fit enough to help push anyone stuck. And do something about your stutter.......

Shh shh shadupp!!! :P

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2015, 08:50:22 pm »
That Bulty is sweet as. J

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: May 13, 2015, 08:25:47 am »
no-one refused to ride or was grizzling about the conditions, and were all looking forward to enjoying the challenges ahead with everyone pitching in to help each other on the trail. Good on you all!!

Drakie made the point (several times), how everyone just "stepped up" and got into the challenge.

This event reminded me so much of an 80’s Enduro it was like stepping back in time.

Yeah, he said that a lot too!

I have 1 or 2 crappy photos I took with my phone, I'll post them up soon.

Tex