Author Topic: Trick Race Tech Shocks.  (Read 10244 times)

Offline Billet YZ

• Legend
  • Melton Victoria.
    • View Profile
Trick Race Tech Shocks.
« on: February 04, 2015, 10:28:20 pm »
Hi all,
         just thought i would post these up here as i`m sure some of you guys would and certainly could put them to good use. I just had a good look at these shocks at Roscoe`s Suspension in Ballarat and i must say it`s good to see build quality like this, my background is engineering and i appreciate how much machine time goes into making billet components like these shocks. Enjoy the pictures and i have also added the wording from Ross`s Facebook page.    Peter.

Check out these bad boys.
Custom built Race Tech G3-S shocks for our very own Henry Leathem's CR 390.
These are high end performance shocks with Gold Valve technology, precision engineering and the best set-up and back-up of any performance shock by far in Australia.
Henry had a set on his CR 500 Husky and it transformed that beast into a sweet handling, confident machine.
Even though his new bike came with a brand new set of shocks on it, he insisted on having a set of G3-S's on his new mount.
Keep an eye out for them at The Post Classic Nationals coming up in April.

« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 10:32:38 pm by Billet YZ »
YAMAHA  you know you want one !!!  Viper #50

Offline bishboy

• Legend
  • Toowoomba
    • View Profile
Re: Trick Race Tech Shocks.
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2015, 09:28:36 am »
Geez they are nice, what do they go for $ wise.

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2015, 10:06:39 am »
Geez they are nice, what do they go for $ wise.

I was thinking the same...... Best give Roscoe a call
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline alexbrown64

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2015, 05:10:12 pm »
From the Race Tech website....
Dual Shock Base Prices
Based on 36mm bodies, non-adjust

1.  IFP - Base price $699.99 pair
   2.  Remote Reservoir - Base price $1199.99 pair
   3.  Piggyback - Base price $1199.99 pair

Prices are in US dollars and go up from there depending on what you want.  http://www.racetech.com/page/id/98
I think with the exchange rate its best to get them from within Oz

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2015, 06:14:26 pm »
Hi all,
         just thought i would post these up here as i`m sure some of you guys would and certainly could put them to good use. I just had a good look at these shocks at Roscoe`s Suspension in Ballarat and i must say it`s good to see build quality like this, my background is engineering and i appreciate how much machine time goes into making billet components like these shocks. Enjoy the pictures and i have also added the wording from Ross`s Facebook page.    Peter.

These are high end performance shocks with Gold Valve technology, precision engineering and the best set-up and back-up of any performance shock by far in Australia.
Henry had a set on his CR 500 Husky and it transformed that beast into a sweet handling, confident machine.
Even though his new bike came with a brand new set of shocks on it, he insisted on having a set of G3-S's on his new mount.

Are these shocks made in the US? If so will they re-valve and/or re-spring them for free and pick up the freight both ways if you are not happy with the settings?
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2015, 06:23:52 pm »

Are these shocks made in the US? If so will they re-valve and/or re-spring them for free and pick up the freight both ways if you are not happy with the settings?

Wish other local shock suppliers would do the same.
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline Billet YZ

• Legend
  • Melton Victoria.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2015, 07:01:28 pm »

Hi Ted,
           Yes these are made in the states as that is where Race Tech Head Office is based. The shocks in the photos are here in Victoria and have been supplied and set up by Roscoes Suspension in Ballarat for a Viper rider who swears by there quality and performance.

Yes Ross from Roscoes will continue at his cost to re-valve and re-spring his customers suspension until the customer is happy with the set up, not many will back their workmanship to that level. As for the freight being paid both ways  ??   i suggest you contact Ross yourself if your serious about getting your bike sorted. My personal opinion about your freight question is are you really serious or are you just taking the piss ?? your in business Ted and i already know what your short answer to that would be.  ;)

I hope that answers your questions about the shocks and service, you will be pleasantly surprised with the service Ross will offer you if you take the time to ask.

Regards Peter.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 10:23:58 pm by Billet YZ »

Offline Billet YZ

• Legend
  • Melton Victoria.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2015, 07:06:41 pm »

Wish other local shock suppliers would do the same.

They do John,
                      just have to ask. I thought you would have known what Ross offers in springs and valving. Remember you can only get a Honda to do so much, it`s not a Yamaha.  :D

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2015, 07:17:22 pm »

Hi Ted,
           Yes these are made in the states as that is where Race Tech Head Office is based. The shocks in the photos are here in Victoria and have been supplied and set up by Roscoes Suspension in Ballarat for a Viper rider who swears by there quality and performance.

Yes Ross from Roscoes will continue at his cost to re-valve and re-spring his customers suspension until the customer is happy with the set up, not many will back their workmanship to that level. As for the freight being paid both ways  ??   i suggest you contact Ross yourself if your serious about getting your bike sorted. My personal opinion about your freight question is are you really serious or are you just taking the piss ?? your in business Ted and i already now what your short answer to that would be.  ;)

I hope that answers your questions about the shocks and service, you will be pleasantly surprised with the service Ross will offer you if you take the time to ask.

Regards Peter.

Thanks Peter. I only asked as i thought they were assembled overseas. It's good that Ross looks after his customers. I know plenty that buy from overseas only to find out they are not quite right and have no recourse. I am all for buying local. If my suspension guy ( who also offers that service ) suddenly falls off the face of the planet I would certainly get in touch with Ross.
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2015, 08:08:09 pm »
Hi all,

Yes the local Aussie distributor offers that service here

Offline Momus

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2015, 08:23:00 pm »
If you love it, lube it.

Offline Yamahaha

• B-Grade
  • Melbourne Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2015, 09:01:10 pm »
Remember you can only get a Honda to do so much, it`s not a Yamaha!

;D ;D ;D ;D
YZ 250 modern, YZ 125G, YZ 125E, IT 400D, IT 175G x 2, YZ 400F CR250re,  2012 yz450fse Service Honda CR500AF.   Viper #73

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2015, 10:41:44 am »
Those shocks are destined for a real bike, not a horrid oriental, and no doubt will "stitch" up the opposition.
K

Offline Billet YZ

• Legend
  • Melton Victoria.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2015, 07:56:59 pm »
Those shocks are destined for a real bike, not a horrid oriental, and no doubt will "stitch" up the opposition.
K

Go away Big K or i will tell everyone what really happened to your hand.  8)

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2015, 08:39:15 am »
BigK, it's doesn't matter how good the suspension is on your Huskies if you can't start the thing....or keep it running when it does start.
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.