Author Topic: 1990 RC 500 eric geboers  (Read 9989 times)

Offline dave king

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: 1990 RC 500 eric geboers
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2008, 05:20:06 pm »
Just to clear up a possible misunderstanding the ONLY Factory Bikes i know of {any manufacturer}that are missing there internals is Dave thorpes 85/6/9 RC 500s,  However his 86 has since been sold and has been re united with its missing parts that were stashed somewhere in europe.  The collection of bikes coming your way are 100%complete and correct and running ;D

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2008, 10:06:37 pm »
AHA! Here's a bit of beating on the jungle drum Dave King mentioned; I've found some info on those exotic bikes coming to OZ.
Has anyone here had a good look at the French Kawasaki link posted elsewhere on this forum?
Page #71 of the French forum mentions 10 bikes on their way to an Australian collector.
See below for the translation:

The bicycle from nicoll 88 belongs to me, but others belong to a British collector who has just sold 10 kawasakis SR factory to a collector in Australia.
They range from jobe from 1979 to 1986, laquet David Thorpe / Brad / Spence Laurent / nicoll Kurt / dave watson / Jonathan wright, 250cc and 500cc.
It was the largest collection of kawasakis SR factory in the world up until this week. Each SR product is here.
It is very unfortunate for me that bicycles are in Australia but the weather stays collection with a collector who is a good boy.
Look outside VMX in the coming years to review these bikes.
When I visited the collection 1 week ago where I made a video of the collection and when the new owner gives me permission I will report you on the tube.

I haven't followed the link any further but it's a good start. That's some sexy machinery heading to the Great Southern Land.
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline caps 999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2008, 10:38:48 pm »
just putting my two cents in mich doohan does actually have a 91 rc500 i got talking to him at the 09 alpine stars gear release in vic
MUGEN power

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 01, 2008, 08:44:26 pm »
AHA! Here's a bit of beating on the jungle drum Dave King mentioned; I've found some info on those exotic bikes coming to OZ.
Has anyone here had a good look at the French Kawasaki link posted elsewhere on this forum?
Page #71 of the French forum mentions 10 bikes on their way to an Australian collector.
See below for the translation:

The bicycle from nicoll 88 belongs to me, but others belong to a British collector who has just sold 10 kawasakis SR factory to a collector in Australia.
They range from jobe from 1979 to 1986, laquet David Thorpe / Brad / Spence Laurent / nicoll Kurt / dave watson / Jonathan wright, 250cc and 500cc.
It was the largest collection of kawasakis SR factory in the world up until this week. Each SR product is here.
It is very unfortunate for me that bicycles are in Australia but the weather stays collection with a collector who is a good boy.
Look outside VMX in the coming years to review these bikes.
When I visited the collection 1 week ago where I made a video of the collection and when the new owner gives me permission I will report you on the tube.

I haven't followed the link any further but it's a good start. That's some sexy machinery heading to the Great Southern Land.

Well let the cat out of the bag why dont you??!!, I thought our resident fanatic millionaire KX colector had gone a bit quite, must be sweating in anticipation on the arrival whilst playing a Telecaster and preparing the mag... :'(

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2008, 09:51:26 pm »
Well let the cat out of the bag why dont you??!!, I thought our resident fanatic millionaire KX colector had gone a bit quite, must be sweating in anticipation on the arrival whilst playing a Telecaster and preparing the mag... :'(
I found the info buried in an existing post on the forum; and I'm not in the loop so I haven't a clue who the collector is.
Good on him.
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"