Author Topic: Tempting Husky project.  (Read 11234 times)

Offline Spanish Armada

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Tempting Husky project.
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2014, 08:58:09 am »
Like I said description should be a fair accurate description not buy a bike that's seized or nipped up when u get it .Look at the credentials of the seller b4 buying to me still tarted up old 4th /5th hand shit boxes .

Offline Branchy

• B-Grade
  • husky 400 cross
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2014, 10:38:08 am »
I bought a 400 maico off him, last year, he told me a load of bull shit, and the engine was seized too, buyer beware.
[where is that 400 last time I seen it before it went to mexico was under lights in the south tweed industrial back streets pulling like a teenage boy who just found dads playboy mags, great bike ran like a clock so something smells funny /quote]

I think there might just be a few half truths coming out here but what you have to remember is that when some things don't quite line up with what your saying with someone other than the parties involved and you are forking with other's livelyhoods , be careful doesnt matter who it is robs ridez,  DDR ,and  the other people that bring in bikes or gear from O/S , lot of satisfied customers out there mick D asked a simple question will one of you f'5#kin legends go around to sth tweed and check the bike out for him , I know I have seen it and heard it run and think its great value, its a husky what could possibly go wrong
« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 10:50:48 am by Branchy »
maybe a trip to gloucester for those boy'z really know how to throw a party ps dont mention dungog (must be some old footy rivalry)

Offline hoppy

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2014, 11:11:13 am »
There are probably lots of good bikes he brings in.
The husky as branchy has said he has ridden is a good one.
I would get another bike from him, I would have some one check out before hand thats all.

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2014, 04:37:22 pm »
Imported a flat track frame with him. He originally quoted $800 for a roller which I thought was fair and stated he could have it here within 8-10 weeks. After 11 months of nagging I was starting to wonder if it was gone. He stated he was having problems with his partner/contact in the states. Reduced price to $250 but then stung the son for $350 when he picked it up. Would take a lot of convincing for me to use him again.
Rosco 86

Offline Moto

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2014, 08:32:18 pm »
My son bought an import 84 Honda CR 500 from him last year, his description of the bike were pure lies.
The bike had been cartwheeled at some stage in its life and under the tank the frame had been crudely repaired and painted,advertised as good straight frame with no repairs.we sourced a good frame in the US.Rear subframe was bent. The engine was in a similar state,not that he would have probably known although he said it was a good runner.Head studs pulled.B/end stuffed, last oversize on the bore and completely worn out .The bottom of the crankcases have copped  piston parts at some stage and broken out at the bottom then crudely welded up,new cases required.
Not a happy customer here. As someone else has said his bikes are tarted up shitboxes.
Make sure you see the bike before you even think about buying. Never again for us.

Offline XC83

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 26, 2014, 12:15:37 pm »
Buy it now - $2400.00
Seems very reasonable to me.

As Branchy said earlier - get someone to have a look at it for you.
You already know its a project.....just stop counting at 4K, I do..... :)

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2014, 03:56:54 pm »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D
I have come to realise that its better to seek what you really want.
I really want a GS400 Maico or WR390 Husky from that era for my main Vinduro future, neither come along that often.
I have learnt the hard way that every single bike seems to be a project, no problem with that.
I nearly bought it after Branchy's comment, thanks Geoff.
$2,400 isn't much for a killer model that I can still foot the ground on, even when on off camber.
I had done a deal with a bloke at Gloucester Vinduro for a 79 Maico frame, but hadn't heard too much from him.
I was starting to wonder if he was still OK or something had happened to him.
Started to panic when I saw the alternate Husky dream mount for sale, they are thin in numbers.
I don't care what anyone says,
    this model WR390 Husky is an awesome Vinduro bike when they are well built and sorted with a bit of modern tech.

Anyhow, have spent heaps of money on bits for the Maico and cant really afford both.
Just got great news though, the guy with the Maico frame just contacted me, he has been very busy but has stripped his spare bike and the frame ready for me to pick up tomorrow ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Absolutely Stoked ;D
Wish that I could afford both, but no real need for two anyhow. Thanks for the ray of sunshine amongst all the pessimism Branchy. Much appreciated. 
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 04:05:35 pm by Mick D »
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline XC83

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2014, 04:31:56 pm »
Mick D

A Maico GS400 would be pretty rare? (rear frame loop etc)
Hope your fit enough to own a May-go  :) ENJOY!

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2014, 04:46:04 pm »
Mick D

A Maico GS400 would be pretty rare? (rear frame loop etc)
Hope your fit enough to own a May-go  :) ENJOY!

Thanks mate, see ya at the Vinduros next year,,, I am really hanging hey ;D
Wish we could all move some where cooler for the summers and keep riding ;D 8)

I would love to have that Husky and have it sorted, heaps of pull and sweet handling.
They don't come along often, $2400 is bugger all for a good start I reckon.
But I have finally realised it is stuupid to have too many bikes and too many projects.

I have got rid of Seven this year and it feels fantastic.
Indeed I start stressing whenever I get another these days,,but not with this 79 Vinduro Maico :D :D :D :D
Cheers

albrid-3

« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2014, 05:06:43 pm »
$3000 + freight  for a bike, that has been clearly stated that its a runner, but the engine is dry as a maggot, which hasn't seen oil, or fuel for a very long time and seized, broken clutch cable,  is not
a person that one would trust again, should not be in business.

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2014, 05:18:07 pm »
$3000 + freight  for a bike, that has been clearly stated that its a runner, but the engine is dry as a maggot, which hasn't seen oil, or fuel for a very long time and seized, broken clutch cable,  is not

I hear what you are saying, that's a pretty big lie and anyone would rightfully be shitted off big time.
I had originally put "Project" in the heading intentionally because of this sellers continual very pooor feedback.

I had previously decided to actually drive there and check it out first, if I were going to go ahead with it.
I do trust Branchy though and got excited when he said he had ridden the bike etc.
On the strength of that, I nearly bought it and had it shipped.

Sorry to hear you are another that got stung badly. I know Moto's son and the CR500 he got is indeed a major project,
nothing like the BS that was spruked about it before hand.

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2014, 07:42:09 pm »
I have a 1980 Husky WR390 project bike, it doesn't run coz the engine is dismantled.
K

Simo63

« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2014, 10:39:19 pm »

I hear what you are saying, that's a pretty big lie and anyone would rightfully be shitted off big time.
I had originally put "Project" in the heading intentionally because of this sellers continual very pooor feedback.

I had previously decided to actually drive there and check it out first, if I were going to go ahead with it.
I do trust Branchy though and got excited when he said he had ridden the bike etc.
On the strength of that, I nearly bought it and had it shipped.

Sorry to hear you are another that got stung badly. I know Moto's son and the CR500 he got is indeed a major project,
nothing like the BS that was spruked about it before hand.

Enough of us have been honest and related our experiences with this seller to help you out Mick (despite some comments/half truths from supporters or friends of the guy) to make you want to inspect any bike he is flogging off in person.  And even then you'd have to really want it to buy from him.  I know I won't do that again.

And mate, if you want to see any of the parts of this junk yard dog YZ I purchased from him to prove what I said is true, let me know and I'll send them to you.

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2014, 11:27:42 pm »
Thanks Craig,
I am so glad it is a classified and didn't/doesn't have one of them buy it now buttons.
There is a lot of condemning and damming posts here.

What through me is that the seller has 100% feed back score ??

Thanks to everyone who took the time to contribute.
I definitely would not buy anything of him now without traveling and thoroughly checking it.

Simo63

« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2014, 11:46:03 pm »
What through me is that the seller has 100% feed back score ??

That's a good point.  Who knows Mick.  He sells a lot more than just bikes .. cars, boats etc and I'm certain that some people are happy with their purchases.  Surely they can't all be tarted up junkers .. just some of them :)

But then again, maybe a lot of people are buying outside ebay ... like I did?