Author Topic: The 2014 Harrow Vinduro thread!  (Read 89167 times)

Offline HVA61

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: The 2014 Harrow Vinduro thread!
« Reply #105 on: July 14, 2014, 07:35:09 am »

Hi Luffy

Thanks for asking that important question and I'm happy to confirm that you really did reach the right conclusion about the riders of oriental equipment , "however"
you also need to consider in your time calculations and allowances the levels of inebriation of the individual.  When you consider the one step forward and one step back part of the calculation, when the level of inebriation passes level 8 , it could indeed be more than a two minute walk .

Traffic , although a minor determining factor in the calculation , it must still be considered. When we were at Harrow last month , one nite we saw two cars after 8.00pm.

Kind regards

Shoey
Autos are the way forward , see you round like a robot
Take the short cut, go Cross Country
The shortest distance between two points is Cross Country
CCM's and HL's bark like mad dogs

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 14, 2014, 08:03:39 am »
2 cars in the one evening? You had been at the pub and I reckon you might have been seeing double!
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 14, 2014, 08:30:17 am »
2 cars in the one evening? You had been at the pub and I reckon you might have been seeing double!

Beat me to it ;D ;)
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 14, 2014, 09:36:17 am »
it was actually a flash back from the afternoon.... :o

Offline HVA61

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: July 14, 2014, 09:46:38 am »

I wasn't wearing beer goggles that nite  ::)

Offline kdx Geoff

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 14, 2014, 11:00:51 am »
 Surprised this hasn't been snapped up yet !

'Up for grabs' is a 2014 Harrow Gold medal

Normally one must ride endless hours through mud, slop, sand, creeks, hills, off cambers and over logs all the while continually looking for rare to find arrows in order to find the direction back to the Parc Ferme.
But why go through all that when you can just buy one ahead of time and then brag to all your mates that you earned an elusive Harrow Gold Medal (by way of your healthy bank account)

This item is particularly sought after by owners of European brands as they don't usually make it to the finish, Japanese owners please be aware you may end up bidding against some desperate owners of European machinary that have only ever seen a Harrow Gold medal in the hands of there mates who own Japanese bikes.

Then again if you think this too expensive you could just pay $60.00 entry fee and ride the 3 loops and acquire your gold medal honestly.
You will need a road bike licenceand a pre 85 registered bike (Classic rego is the go these days)

For more details check out verivinduro com au

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Harrow-Gold-Medal-IT-PE-XR-KDX-YZ-KTM-Maico-Husqvarna-Bultaco-SWM-OSSA-Vinduro-/251584330379?pt=AU_Motorcycle_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3a93983a8b

Buying kdx air cooled drum brake unitrak bikes and parts

Offline HVA61

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 14, 2014, 11:49:30 am »
Probably belongs to some Jap bike rider that borrowed a European machine to get it and is now trying to raise enough funds to buy a European machine.

Something smells of the Welsh team (2012)

Offline odd1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 14, 2014, 12:07:40 pm »
How dare you suggest any thing underhanded by the Welsh team we bought our medals fare and square I suggest you take a look at the cheating snail eating french!

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 14, 2014, 02:04:08 pm »
How dare you suggest any thing underhanded by the Welsh team we bought our medals fare and square I suggest you take a look at the cheating snail eating french!

Cochon! Racaille! I do not see your entry into the riders list - are you Welsh so short that you do not reach even the bottom of the list? Even an uncouth cave dweller such as yourself must appreciate that the author of such mischief would be working in the thrall of the mighty Ming, sowing the seeds of dissent amongst those of finer European heritage - which I suppose explains why you are the one who has been so easily misled by this subterfuge! Merde! Why must I share the planet with such cretins? Return to your tin mine!

Offline the stig

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 14, 2014, 02:40:29 pm »

Is it true that the Idea of a lap on Saturday is to give the Euro team time to RE-build there bikes
      before lap 2 on Sunday..

Talking of French riders is it true that One has put a Snow Mobile motor in a Hodaka frame with a
      Rope pull start of a Victa Mower ....

The Stig

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 14, 2014, 04:05:19 pm »
Probably belongs to some Jap bike rider that borrowed a European machine to get it and is now trying to raise enough funds to buy a European machine.

Well, well, well... I was casually scanning through the Harrow entry list when I noticed that team Husqvarna NSW includes a rider on a... Honda. Trying to discreetly improve your team's chances of success are we?  ;D

Something smells of the Welsh team

They always smell like that.

Talking of French riders is it true that One has put a Snow Mobile motor in a Hodaka frame with a  Rope pull start of a Victa Mower ....

Yes. That is 100% true.

Tex

Offline HVA61

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 14, 2014, 04:14:47 pm »

Well, well, well... I was casually scanning through the Harrow entry list when I noticed that team Husqvarna NSW includes a rider on a... Honda. Trying to discreetly improve your team's chances of success are we?  ;D

Something smells of the Welsh team

They always smell like that.

Talking of French riders is it true that One has put a Snow Mobile motor in a Hodaka frame with a  Rope pull start of a Victa Mower ....

Yes. That is 100% true.

Tex

Well well well , looks who's popped up in the mix.

Tex , Tex , Tex, you must understand , taking on the forlorn and Jap riders is a favourite pass time. If we can just convert one of the lost souls each year the Vinduro scene will be a better place. Just look a your Yamaha buddies , they are all sound lost and confused in their chatter on the net.

Don't be a hater Bro Bro , you gotta go Euro.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 06:01:34 pm by HVA61 »

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 14, 2014, 05:59:29 pm »
Oui Tex. You are the pox at hating and taste. Come join with Le French and we will teach you to do eet properely! I have found that those who protest the most .........ahhhh, you are a closet Europhile! Now all the sense is made. Tres bon!!!!!!

Offline The Wombat

• B-Grade
  • I think I can I think I can
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 14, 2014, 11:49:24 pm »
Do the French ( the real ones from Gay Pari ) actually consider the Canadian ones as there own??

Or is it like the Euro bike scene just a poor copy of the Motorcycles from the land of the rising sun!!!  :P

Talk it up Euro boys but "The Empire will strike back"   ;D

Offline odd1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 15, 2014, 06:05:50 am »
The trouble with the Canadain French is they don't think the French are French enough!