Author Topic: Classic Dirt - Believe the Hype  (Read 59752 times)

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
Re: Classic Dirt - Believe the Hype
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2014, 04:39:17 pm »
Bill are you going?
Im trying to decide still as I leave for 14 days ridding in Romania the following days afterwards. So Im a little time poor. 
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2014, 04:44:12 pm »
Crickets  :o :o :o :o :o

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm bloody excited CD 10 is coming and I can't wait.  I'm amazed by the lack of excitement or even comment on here.  I wonder what's going on  ???

Previous CD's had people rabitting on for page after page about how cool it is.

Just an observation.  Any theories anybody ?

I personally am going to hype it up as much as I can.  I tell every old dirt biker that will listen that if they haven't been before they've GOT to go.  I've only missed one since CD5 where I met a lot of people that I still call my friends today.

Come on people.  Channel your inner Big Kev and get excited  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

I paid-up last year, wife & I booked holidays and it was cancelled with a poor explanation, I'll not commit again, plus Qld has a large number of riders & events (I'm jealous), I'm happy if they continue to run events up there, just call it the QCD1 or the Queensland Post Classic Champs  ;-)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 06:09:06 pm by John Orchard »
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2014, 04:56:56 pm »
He, you only get out what you put in, it's not our fault we have lots of hard working people and awesome tracks......are you coming to the Echo Valley Nats?.....those A5's will love the track and I have just finished one for a young fella who should go quite well.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline William Doe

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2014, 05:31:27 pm »
Bill are you going?
Im trying to decide still as I leave for 14 days ridding in Romania the following days afterwards. So Im a little time poor.

Yeah Mick wouldn't miss it  :D i want to come a week early so i can do the QLD champs , i missed CD 9 so im hanging out .Be great if you can make it to catch up for a couple  :)
That Romainian trip sounds awesome  8) just think how impressed those Romainians will be when you rock up with all your pics and stories from CD 10  :)
Its only old bike racing FFS get over yourselves

The Artist formerly known as TM Bill

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2014, 05:52:44 pm »
Romania WTF! Please explain J

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2014, 06:08:03 pm »
This is one reason we are going plus we will try and catch a MX GP the weekend before.
http://www.redbull.com/cs/Satellite/en_INT/Video/The-best-action-from-Red-Bull-Romaniacs-Summary-video-021243224602057

Plus we doing the mountain passes. Which Clarkson claims are the best roads in the world.We have BMW GS booked for 10 days plus guide.

Ok Bill if you can fly from NZ I will harden the F#ck up and try and be there.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 06:09:55 pm by Slakewell »
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2014, 06:10:51 pm »
Bill are you going?

Yeah Mick wouldn't miss it  :D i want to come a week early so i can do the QLD champs , i missed CD 9 so im hanging out .Be great if you can make it to catch up for a couple  :)
That Romainian trip sounds awesome  8) just think how impressed those Romainians will be when you rock up with all your pics and stories from CD 10  :)

Make sure you bring "Fully Loaded Man"  AKA DJ.  We will need a mobile beer repository  ;D

The sense of comaraderie you speak of is what got me hooked on VMX.  Meeting all you guys was one of the best times of my life.  At the time of CD5 I hadn't ridden a dirt bike for 20 years and I had a shit box YZ250 project in a million peices.  I'll always remember meeting Ted the grumpy old bastard and being inspired by his 465.  That's not to mention the rest of the crazy blokes on here.  Now I have 13 bikes (in various states of repair) and have ridden races (really, really badly).  It's all about the fun and the CDs are 3 days chock full.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 06:29:22 pm by YZ250H »
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2014, 06:44:13 pm »
Grumpy. Would you think grumpy, William? Must have been the present company Tent Peg ;D ;D
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2014, 07:49:37 pm »
Now I get it. Romania rocks! J

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2014, 08:36:45 am »
Crickets  :o :o :o :o :o

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm bloody excited CD 10 is coming and I can't wait.  I'm amazed by the lack of excitement or even comment on here.  I wonder what's going on  ???

Previous CD's had people rabitting on for page after page about how cool it is.

Just an observation.  Any theories anybody ?

I personally am going to hype it up as much as I can.  I tell every old dirt biker that will listen that if they haven't been before they've GOT to go.  I've only missed one since CD5 where I met a lot of people that I still call my friends today.

Come on people.  Channel your inner Big Kev and get excited  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

I think this thread might be easily overlooked being stuck at the top of the page!

It does appear that the planets are aligning... "Mars, Earth and the Sun today aligned in a rare ‘opposition of the planets’ that only happens once every 778 days."
If I make it up there this year then maybe CD could be held every 778 days :o

I suspect many (like me) aren't sure if we can make the pilgrimage so aren't talking it up in case we don't make the trek and end up accused of being cyber wankers.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Simo63

« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2014, 08:59:07 am »
I suspect many (like me) aren't sure if we can make the pilgrimage so aren't talking it up in case we don't make the trek and end up accused of being cyber wankers.

After reading previous recriminations and accusations over previous failed events I would have to agree with you Geoff.  Many are likely to be a bit conservative.

Having said that though .... I'm going for sure :)

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 11, 2014, 04:35:40 pm »
After reading previous recriminations and accusations over previous failed events I would have to agree with you Geoff.  Many are likely to be a bit conservative.
 ;D ;D ;D ;D
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 11, 2014, 06:23:35 pm »
look forward to seeing you Geoff, the pipe for the KTM is sweeeeeeeet and I owe you a beer, I'll make it a VB.

Cheers trev

Offline Doc

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2014, 08:12:30 am »
I'm in 8) roll on June 20  ;D

Offline VMX Andrew

• Legend
    • View Profile