Author Topic: Classic Dirt - Believe the Hype  (Read 59751 times)

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
Classic Dirt - Believe the Hype
« on: March 07, 2014, 10:07:35 pm »
Classic Dirt 10 at Conondale QLD

From VMX Magazine's Facebook page:

"Classic Dirt is returning to Conondale, supported by Yamaha Australia, Shannons Insurance and Engineered Environments. This venue played host to Classic Dirt 6, 7 and 8 and those were three of the most memorable Classic Dirts ever held. So we're coming back!

The dates are 20-22 June and there'll be action aplenty (but no racing of course) with all the features of previous Classic Dirts at this great venue plus a new flat track (universal rear tyre required). So there'll be the main Pre '90 track (oh yes, it's stepped up to Pre '90 now, given the popularity of that class in Qld in particular), a Pre '78 track, a vinduro course, a Trials area, and, the aforementioned flat track. Camping, catering, bar, good showers....all the same as past years and proven quantities thanks to the great organising skills and enthusiasm of the Sunshine Coast Motorcycle Club.

Find all the details in Issue 57 of VMX Magazine (due out late March). See you there."

So everyone, it's on and it's in Queensland. This thread will be a sticky until then, so it's over to you to hype the heck out of this event. Go for it!!

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
Re: Classic Dirt - Believe the Hype
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2014, 11:21:54 pm »
« Last Edit: March 07, 2014, 11:23:43 pm by NSR »
The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2014, 11:39:09 pm »
Great to see it includes a Grass Track/Dirt Track.  I know John Titman has two proper Long Track/Grass Track bikes he brought back from the UK.  Hopefully he will bring them out.  Maybe even room for some speedway riders in the legends.

We just need some rain now to turn Green Park (green).  I'm sure that will happen.  I'm not surprised Cotty is supporting it.  He has a property at Maleny.

If anyone wants to come up a week early.  The Qld Classic and Post Classic MX Champs will be at Harrisville the week before 15 & 16 June.

All roads lead to Queensland in June.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 08:23:35 am by KTM47 »
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 06:17:05 am »

Offline William Doe

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 07:21:20 am »
If anyone wants to come up a week early.  The Qld Classic and Post Classic MX Champs will be at Harrisville the week before 15 & 16 June.

All road lead to Queensland in June.

It just keeps getting better and better  :)
Its only old bike racing FFS get over yourselves

The Artist formerly known as TM Bill

Offline David Lahey

• Legend
  • Gladstone, Queensland Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2014, 12:51:52 pm »
The weekend chosen for CD10 this year is  8) with me
previous pseudonym feetupfun

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2014, 02:33:51 pm »
I wouldn't miss it. I've been to every Classic Dirt and while some have been better than others, they've ALL been great. We normally don't camp but will this time so as to suck up more of the vibe. Beware of the Blenders!
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2014, 01:26:18 pm »
I wouldn't miss it. I've been to every Classic Dirt and while some have been better than others, they've ALL been great. We normally don't camp but will this time so as to suck up more of the vibe. Beware of the Blenders!

Firko.  Get in touch with Jeremy Clarkson from "Top Gear", He's got a V8 blender. 

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2014, 05:25:03 pm »
does new MA fees mean $90 entry  plus 1 day licence fee?????
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2014, 10:53:38 pm »
does new MA fees mean $90 entry 

What new MA fee??
The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2014, 05:46:31 pm »
Great to see it includes a Grass Track/Dirt Track.  I know John Titman has two proper Long Track/Grass Track bikes he brought back from the UK.  Hopefully he will bring them out.  Maybe even room for some speedway riders in the legends.

We just need some rain now to turn Green Park (green).  I'm sure that will happen.  I'm not surprised Cotty is supporting it.  He has a property at Maleny.

All roads lead to Queensland in June..

We are getting the rain now, so all we need is good follow up rain and "Green Park"  will be green again.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 05:50:19 pm by KTM47 »

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2014, 04:59:47 pm »

Please note that Registering to Ride does not include Event Entry, Camping Fee, Rider's Licence Fees or Levies.  They are all paid at the event itself.  ;)

Riding registration will be limited to 600 riders, so don't miss out!  :'(

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2014, 01:26:32 pm »
Crickets  :o :o :o :o :o

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm bloody excited CD 10 is coming and I can't wait.  I'm amazed by the lack of excitement or even comment on here.  I wonder what's going on  ???

Previous CD's had people rabitting on for page after page about how cool it is.

Just an observation.  Any theories anybody ?

I personally am going to hype it up as much as I can.  I tell every old dirt biker that will listen that if they haven't been before they've GOT to go.  I've only missed one since CD5 where I met a lot of people that I still call my friends today.

Come on people.  Channel your inner Big Kev and get excited  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2014, 03:49:21 pm »
Thread on C/dirt and 1 reply
Thread on new magazine VMX out ,know reply
THE TIMES THEY ARE A CHANGIN
Having been to al C/Dirt meets probably wont be there this year. Conondale a great venue.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 03:50:58 pm by bazza »
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline William Doe

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2014, 04:04:20 pm »
Crickets  :o :o :o :o :o

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm bloody excited CD 10 is coming and I can't wait.  I'm amazed by the lack of excitement or even comment on here.  I wonder what's going on  ???

Previous CD's had people rabitting on for page after page about how cool it is.

Just an observation.  Any theories anybody ?

I personally am going to hype it up as much as I can.  I tell every old dirt biker that will listen that if they haven't been before they've GOT to go.  I've only missed one since CD5 where I met a lot of people that I still call my friends today.

Come on people.  Channel your inner Big Kev and get excited  8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Tony only my opinion but I think the lack of response re CD 10 just reflects the current mood of the forum . Go back to the threads for CD5 , CD6, CD7 and see how many of the posters are still regular contributors on the forum . How many of the current regular forum posters have attended a CD event ? its hard to get excited about an event you have never been to .

I think the event will get a push on FB once the magazine is out and people realise that it is happening again .
I believe CD 10 will be huge and that many of the forum faces from the past will roll out again for the event  :)
I too will encourage all I know to come to CD 10 so we can recapture that sense of camaraderie that it seems is lost in cyber space these days .

Cheers Bill
Its only old bike racing FFS get over yourselves

The Artist formerly known as TM Bill