Author Topic: eBay shipping Problem  (Read 6557 times)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
eBay shipping Problem
« on: December 16, 2013, 10:26:28 pm »
Last week I won the eBay auction for the KYB shocks shown below. I paid the money via PayPal, swapped quite cordial emails with the seller regarding the specs of the shocks, received the notice that they'd been shipped and then out of the blue this email arrived today. Like many of you, I've bought and shipped a number of sets of shock absorbers from the USA with no problems whatsoever. I've emailed the seller and eBay asking why they were "restricted for import". I'm not too worried about not getting the shocks, I purchased them purely because they intrigued me as I'd never seen them before. While I'm waiting for some sort of explanation from eBay and the seller, have any of you had a similar experience? Why would a set of shocks be a restricted import?

Dear firko,

We're writing to let you know that your recent purchase of KYB Shocks 13.5 Dirt Track Flat track through the Global Shipping Program couldn't be delivered to you because the parcel contained items that are restricted for import to AU.

We'll be issuing a full refund to your PayPal account.

If you don't see the refund in your PayPal account within the next 72 hours or if you have any questions or need any further assistance, please contact eBay Customer Support.

We apologise for any inconvenience, and thank you for shopping on eBay.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/KYB-Shocks-13-5-Dirt-Track-Flat-track-/121227274958?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&nma=true&si=O8%252BqD1nf38%252FUV3Leuwvn%252FuoWP0k%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: eBay shipping Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2013, 10:34:13 pm »
Perhaps they were declared as a pressurized gas tank/vessel thingo Mark? That may effect transportation on aircraft.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2013, 10:36:46 pm »
Then again I have have had "Gabriel ' Pressurized gas car shockers delivered from the USA air freight no drama.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2013, 10:42:10 pm »
Then again I have have had "Gabriel ' Pressurized gas car shockers delivered from the USA air freight no drama
Ditto Tim. I thought of that too but I not long ago got a set of Nitrogen charged Penske shocks for my Jeep from one of the big parts warehouses and they wouldn't have bucked the system.  I have also imported numerous sets of bike shocks over the years with not a squeak of trouble. It's a mystery.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline topari

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2013, 11:12:46 pm »
Interesting. I use a forwarding company and have parcels delivered every fortnight.  Got a KDX200 1985 shock only a few weeks ago. The seller has low feedback of under 200. Maybe he does not know what he is doing. Nothing on the Australian Customs web site would indicate a restriction. It might be a USA issue.
topari

1979 IT400F, 1984 kdx200

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2013, 11:18:46 pm »
Count your lucky stars Mark......they would have been junk unless you just wanted to hold the back wheel off the rear guard.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline Tahitian_Red

• Legend
  • Mugen ME480
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2013, 03:28:02 am »
Someone from Indonesia recently purchased a motor from me, on eBay and the Global Shipping Program would not allow shipping to go through to Indonesia.  Has Oz become an Islamic state recently?
 ;D
The "Factory Novice"
California, USA

'74 Suzuki TM100, '75 Bultaco 250 Pursang, '77 Honda XR75, '77 Suzuki RM125B, '77 Yamaha YZ400D, '79 Honda CR250RZ Moto-X Fox Replica, '83 Honda ME480RD Mugen

Offline tony27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2013, 05:08:55 am »
It's part of the eBay system that stops us down here bidding or even seeing used stuff any more, I found a rear hub last week by looking through eBay Canada which the second I signed into my account with my NZ address & tried bidding came up with same message, changed primary address to Maicojames' & was able to bid no problems then changed back to my address when paying without any problem
Hoping I don't get the same email at a later date, am I correct in saying the email was from eBay & not the seller?

Offline Lewis

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2013, 05:40:27 am »
I recently had a set of rear shocks air freighted from the UK and no problems at all.No mention of "restricted goods".Very frustrating when this sort of thing happens.

Offline Scootern29

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2013, 07:43:39 am »
I would bet it is the Global Shipping System on Ebay. I have shipped quite a few items to you guys down under using the USPS. They have to ask you certain questions like is it flammable, explosive, etc, you get the picture. For instance I sent a gas tank and in the declaration I called it Motorcycle Plastic bodywork. If I had said gas tank it would have never shipped. The seller needs to be creative. Nitrogen in shocks should not throw up an red flags unless you said gas shocks. I shipped a couple of sets of shocks and a gas tank to South Africa with no problems. My 2 cents.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2013, 08:44:50 am »
I import Works Performance shocks all the time from the States and never have any problems. It always makes me laugh when they say you cant take any "gas pressurised" parts onto a plane.....planes are full of "gas pressurised"  components.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2013, 10:18:50 am »
Thanks to the interest boys, I'm still to hear from both the seller or eBay and if I do hear something I'll report it here. John, I know that there was a good chance that the shocks were junk, Walter and I have discussed it on another thread. I liked the look of them and really only bought them so I could check them out. I had no intentions of ever using them on a motocrosser and if did find them usable they'd have gone on a comparatively stress free dirt tracker. I like taking the occasional punt on bits that are new to me. I've managed to pick up some pretty trick gizmo's over the years purely by my being curious. The last set of shocks I bought turned out to be $899AU top of the line Proogressives which were in perfect nick, not even any chain rash. All for $100+$70 to ship. I knew zero about Progressive's and only took them when the Works shocks the bloke was also selling had sold to another Aussie punter and he offered me the Progressives instead. After I paid he told me that they worked much better than the Works shocks on his Knight XR500 flat tracker which is just what I wanted them for.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2013, 10:45:38 pm »
Minor update: I got this reply from the seller........................fluck I hate being called dude ;D.

Dear firko,
Dude this was done by global shipping group (ebay) not me it is completely screwy i called them last night and they stated it was because it was vintage
- pat10killer

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2013, 10:58:23 pm »
Minor update: I got this reply from the seller........................fluck I hate being called dude ;D.

Dear firko,
Dude this was done by global shipping group (ebay) not me it is completely screwy i called them last night and they stated it was because it was vintage
- pat10killer

Mark, dude, it's vintage. They must have known you were a fuddy duddy ;D

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2013, 11:03:52 pm »
Hey Dude, how's the little fella after being to the vet? ;D