Author Topic: 2014 OZ Classic DT Titles?  (Read 62512 times)

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: 2014 OZ Classic DT Titles?
« Reply #165 on: September 17, 2014, 03:08:37 pm »
There are only a few tracks, OILED, that could possibly host a combined event.
I know I'll cop some flack over this but I feel it's time for our sport to move forward.
It's a natural progression that more classes will be introduced so I can't see a problem.
If I had one bike and paid top dollar to enter a 2 day "Title" event and thenonly got 3-4 rides I'd feel wripped off and be reluctant to get involved again.
We need to embrace the split or die.
Slidez the new surface material used at Nepean can now be used with much less watering as it does not produce dust, from all reports.When I rode on it at the charity 2day it was grossley overwatered (in my and others opinion) BUT even though it looked sloppy it was not slippy I found, in fact to me it felt a bit like Griffith soft oily. When the watering procedure is perfected and with good support from riders and helpers I feel that NMSC could run the event. Bring it on!

« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 03:16:33 pm by pancho »
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline SlideRulz

• A-Grade
  • Not anti social just anti idiot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 17, 2014, 09:54:50 pm »
Agreed Puncho, the new surface looks to be a positive step forward on track management.
I want to see Nepean kick arse just as much as anyone else.

Offline Grasy 6

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 17, 2014, 10:15:28 pm »
There is no way any club could run the 2014 titles at these late stage it is OK to say lets do it,But of all the posters whom of you have ever tried to promote an the Titles ,I personally have it took about 8 weeks off work & loss of income. Thankfully the club made a profit.
I seem to follow this site & hope to see some positive things, but the comments about the Penrith track on the Charity weekend about over watering leave me thinking you jokers are just a bunch of whingers. That track was superb!!!! Maybe have a crack at riding & not typing. I am gone from this site .

Offline SlideRulz

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 18, 2014, 03:03:34 am »
Bit harsh Dave, I can't see where Nepean has been criticised.
The rumour mentioned is that several of Nepeans member clubs are attempting to hold a NSW Classic Title meeting, like they did for the Post Classics a few years ago.
Wally does ride but I don't.

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 18, 2014, 02:37:26 pm »
There is no way any club could run the 2014 titles at these late stage it is OK to say lets do it,But of all the posters whom of you have ever tried to promote an the Titles ,I personally have it took about 8 weeks off work & loss of income. Thankfully the club made a profit.
I seem to follow this site & hope to see some positive things, but the comments about the Penrith track on the Charity weekend about over watering leave me thinking you jokers are just a bunch of whingers. That track was superb!!!! Maybe have a crack at riding & not typing. I am gone from this site .
Don't go Grasy! If you look again what I said was it looked slippy but wasn't. With one thing or another things went a bit haywire for me on the day, if I'd settled in for a few more laps I would have worked it out and had MORE fun!
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 18, 2014, 05:52:07 pm »
[quote My personal thought is that ACT should have asked Temora for the entry forms for last years 2013 titles [/quote]

This was done Grasy, I know it was 'cos I  got it for the ACTMCC myself. Believe me , we tried but the blockage was down South, to add to that the Akubra Classic and the Historic RR titles were given permits for the same weekend FFS.

As far as commitment to the sport goes, EA and I plus 7 others started a club in 1996, which is still going, out of our own pockets, WE paid for the first track inspection and licence and the first books of day licences, we ran the club for 10 years, during that time I nearly lost my life twice, once due to a race accident and once with a heart attack due to the stress of running the club. An accident at an Enduro that I was organizing for the club cost me the ability to earn a living, permanently, it was three years before I could walk properly. Commitment ? yeah we know about that as we still help the sport where we can !
Foss
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 05:57:36 pm by JAP 454 »

Offline Purple Dave

• A-Grade
  • Just call me...ALVIN !!....courtesy of Slides 29 !
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 18, 2014, 07:09:59 pm »
Nepean track at the Classic weekend was MAGIC, and I"ve never liked the track............can't wait for 5 October...... 8) ;D
Dirt Track Racer late 60's/throughout 70's

Offline Purple Dave

• A-Grade
  • Just call me...ALVIN !!....courtesy of Slides 29 !
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 07, 2014, 09:25:53 pm »
Not a rumour Steve. Things are looking good for this event but we are still in the early planning stage. I will update more when I have confirmed news.
Cheers
Shaun
Hi Shaun
Any further news ? Also, where were you last Sunday ?
Cheers
Alvin
Dirt Track Racer late 60's/throughout 70's

Offline Shaun G

• Legend
  • Sydney, NSW
    • View Profile
    • FULL LOAD MOTORCYCLE TRANSPORT
« Reply #173 on: October 07, 2014, 09:35:34 pm »
Unfortunately no good news Dave.

We just don't have the time and manpower required to put on a meeting to the standard that we would like so the decision has been made to abandon the plan.

We will be having a calendar meeting early December so now is a good time for anyone wishing to see Nepean hold such an event next year to get in touch.

I think there would be support for us to host a state title meeting but we would need to get a group of keen individuals on board to see it happen.

Cheers
Shaun

Offline SlideRulz

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 08, 2014, 10:33:59 pm »
MA and all the other controlling bodies need to become more organised.
I know it aint easy but there needs to be more communication between club, state & national.
There needs to be a national event register set up in conjunction with your syate controlling body.
It'll never be perfect but I think todays riders rely on the flexibility available.
" In the good old days " Mail your entry in in time or forget about it.

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 09, 2014, 10:16:14 am »
That s what the Commissions and Sub Committees in each State should be doing.  They are there to advise MA Staff on matters relating to their discipline.  The staff can't be expected to know everything going on or what effect date clashes may have.  Don't blame MA staff, blame the Commissions and SCB committees.
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline SlideRulz

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 11, 2014, 04:55:19 pm »
Def not blaming MA staff, just thinking out loud.
It's no ones fault.

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 11, 2014, 09:32:56 pm »
Def not blaming MA staff, just thinking out loud.
It's no ones fault.

I don't agree.  The commission should have spotted that the Historic Road Race Championships and Classic Dirt Track Championships were on the same weekend and done something about it.  They should also point out to MA that while Classic MX works with Post Classic and Classic separate it does not work for Classic Dirt Track.  I believe Classic and Post Classic Dirt Track should be run together and the permit fee should not be double.

What works MX may not work for DT.   
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline Slider29

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 12, 2014, 07:27:09 pm »
Yes I agree,.... the fee should NOT be doubled if you run both together!

Offline SlideRulz

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 12, 2014, 07:34:36 pm »
Um, okay, so its the fault of the volunteers on the commision ??? :-\
They should be ashamed of themselves and stand down immediately ;)
I do agree that they shouldn't double up on the fee.