Author Topic: Oz Local manufacturing  (Read 32202 times)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: Oz Local manufacturing
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2013, 10:14:21 am »
The ACT Same-Sex marriage bill was overturned by the high court yesterday, if that's what you're referring to.

The ACT government had thought that they could add to the federal marriage act without upsetting it - but apparently not. The issue is now clearly a federal one.

Unless Turnbull is about to take a shot at the Liberal leadership (considering the way they've swan dived in the opinion polls, this is more likely than you might assume), there's no way we will see same-sex marriage under this government.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2013, 10:32:34 am »
Kellogs just bailed from down the road from me,100 people out of work :o,their factory in Canada, 500 ppl,globilization again ,catchy word that ::),guess where your LCM's will be coming from,ta dah,Thailand, :P
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline Sorelegs11

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2013, 10:39:35 am »

Unless Turnbull is about to take a shot at the Liberal leadership (considering the way they've swan dived in the opinion polls, this is more likely than you might assume), there's no way we will see same-sex marriage under this government.
[/quote]

Why do some leso's dress up as blokes for the wedding  ???
If at first you don't succeed, lower your standards.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2013, 10:42:24 am »
I don't know about taking over the plants, but we could certainly find some use for the proving grounds at Lang Lang  ;D
Imagine how much fun the VMX community could have in their....We could have a track for every era of bike. Hell, we could even bring along our road bike brothers and sisters for a blast on the asphalt
Without placing levity on this otherwise important subject, would it make sense for the motorsports community to begin lobbying for Lang Lang to be transferred over for motorsports use once Holden moves to Thailand? Or will they still maintain a local R&D department?............just thinking aloud :-\ 
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline topari

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2013, 10:42:35 am »
The ACT Same-Sex marriage bill was overturned by the high court yesterday, if that's what you're referring to.

The ACT government had thought that they could add to the federal marriage act without upsetting it - but apparently not. The issue is now clearly a federal one.

Naughty !
The ACT arm of the Labor party knew only too well the Act would be challenged and fail. It was absolutely clear in law. The 7 High court judges had no problem squashing it. Again we see the destructive nature of politics in this country. The ACT could have tried while their team was in power, but Gillard said NO !. Labor.ACT used the timing as political tool against Abbott. Then we see Milne and Hyphen-what ever tell all and sundry just how bad Abbott is. Mean while Rome burns.

topari

1979 IT400F, 1984 kdx200

Offline Lewis

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2013, 10:52:46 am »
Sorelegs11. your comments are spot on.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: December 13, 2013, 10:59:27 am »
Sorelegs, you hit the nail on the head......I've had my own business for 25 years and I make a pittance now to what it was years ago. Also, big business needs small business to survive and small business needs big business to survive....the merry go round, government needs the tax that these businesses pay as a business and an employer.....take a seat out of the merry go round and it starts to vibrate and then eventually stops....no one makes money = government goes broke....look at Europe....that's where we are heading.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline huskibul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: December 13, 2013, 11:21:45 am »
     The only way they can fix it,  is if they turn the vacant factories into indoor vmx stadiums   !  ;D

Offline kdx Geoff

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: December 13, 2013, 11:31:27 am »

I'm also with sorelegs11.

l just went to Big W to buy some Lego for my boy, understandably its was quite busy and l always go through the register with a human rather than self serve and once again l got through quicker than those .... people... that see some advantage to serving themselves. But even if it takes a couple of minutes longer, I'll take a human over a machine.

Yesterday l was at the NAB standing in line with around 6 other people. This branch has just had a remodel and the teller booths have gone from 6 to 3 ! So some employee approaches me while lm in the line to engage me in pleasant conversation and to see if they can help, lm standing in fucting queue you knob, open up another teller spot and get the line down ffs.

Same at the supermarket with the self serve, do the general public not see that self serve is only there to save big business money buy cutting jobs. If people don't use self serve in these large shopping places they will be gone and jobs will be saved.

Its only a little thing l know, but we're all cogs in the wheel.

Buying kdx air cooled drum brake unitrak bikes and parts

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 13, 2013, 11:36:15 am »
Basic rule of the economy: Someone's expense is another person's income.
Cut the expense, and you're cutting someone's income - one winner and one loser.

There are no good answers, but until we realise this as a nation (and as a society), we are not going to make good decisions.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: December 13, 2013, 01:09:39 pm »
Anyone who has ever been self employed or run a business that is paid for by themselves are the only ones who will understand what a F##kup the Aussie gobernment hoop jumping excercise is.
Untill a system where the people who put up the cash to open and run busineses are treated and rewarded better than those that they employ this country will continue to run in reverse.
The is one thing that I have never understood in this joint is the attitude of the worker and the unions that once you get a job that the job is YOURS, what a crock.
The "worker" complains about everything but thr reality of it is that you do not have to go to a job that you do not like or that cannot pay what you want, Quit and get another one.
Your pay packet is the reward for your effort, not for just turning up.
We have all stood beside the bludging asshole who whines and bitches about actually earning his crust but puts more effort into avoiding the task at hand than it takes to do the job.
When the unions start to understand that little profit means NO investment there will be little industry in this country.
The current situation in Newcastle sees the state leasing the port for the next 100yrs, people are up in arms but the gov knows that their own legislation makes the running of this enterprise too much hard work so they will let someone else suffer the pain and just tax the ass of them.
Licenceing, OHS, workers comp, holiday loading, layers of taxation, penalty rates, maternity leave, sick pay,Daily tool box meetings, requirement of a ticket to do everything but fart, excessive regos, fuel costs, electricity costs, environmental levies, fire services levies, terrorist levies, emergency services levies on all insurances, and more,and they wonder why business is going broke.

Nonsense. I work for a company that a former CEO lost $9 billion in one deal. When asked about the issue, it was all about the world not living up to his expectations. How many "workers" sitting around could ever burn $9 billion? Current corporate management thinking is to despise anyone who has the temerity to tell them where they are going wrong. The company that I work for, spends 3 times the amount of money on band aids to avoiding paying any money on maintenance as what it does to fix the original problem. That's nothing to do with unions,electricity prices or anything else. This company also spends $50 million per annum on lawyers and consultants (Bain and Co) to help them manage an Australia wide field staff of 5000. So $50,000 directly plus salaries of 'productivity managers' and countless company hours just to dig up useless informationon one solitary "worker".
Todays managers and captians of industry are focus on their own goals rather than the company they work for. More often than not fail upwards inside a corporation or move to another company and continue with havoc there.   
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 14, 2013, 10:08:28 am »
I don't know about taking over the plants, but we could certainly find some use for the proving grounds at Lang Lang  ;D
Imagine how much fun the VMX community could have in their....We could have a track for every era of bike. Hell, we could even bring along our road bike brothers and sisters for a blast on the asphalt
Without placing levity on this otherwise important subject, would it make sense for the motorsports community to begin lobbying for Lang Lang to be transferred over for motorsports use once Holden moves to Thailand? Or will they still maintain a local R&D department?............just thinking aloud :-\

I don't think there is going to be any R&D after Holden finalises it's departure Mark. As far as I have heard, all future Holden cars will be imported. No doubt from Chevy in Detroit or Thailand.
I reckon it would be a prime time for the motorsports community to start oiling the wheels for getting Lang Lang as a motorsport venue before someone wants to rip it all up and turn it into footy fields or a golf course. Something along the lines of Broadford with a bit of Eastern Creek thrown in for good measure.  It would be a much better option than letting the place deteriorate into a weed garden. No neighbors to get in the way either.   
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline 2 shocks

• A-Grade
  • Gods Country !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 14, 2013, 11:24:44 am »
With all the doom and gloom about manufacturing and the economy, you'd think people would lift their game. Went to the Kawasaki shop yesterday to source some seals for rear brake, when I told the parts guy 1981 he just looked at me stupid and said "nah mate, we dont carry anything that far back" wasnt even interested in making a phone call, needless to say I didnt ask about the fork springs for the same bike. Went home rang up a site in America, "yes sir we will have them in stock, will just check" gone for a minute, "sorry about the delay sir, we have them in stock and can ship today" Say no more, no wonder we are ratshit.

Ken Baker #54

maxvmx

« Reply #88 on: December 14, 2013, 02:10:49 pm »
You’re dead right it is about lifting our game. I work in the mining industry and deal  with contractors and vendors that have no comprehension of money – they’re just numbers shuffled around on accounting reports! When I approach a service provider to quote a simple task that a few years ago would have been done for a carton I’m given a four or five digit quote in the knowledge it’s un accountable by anyone that could put a sense of reason to it.

Offline Lewis

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 14, 2013, 02:38:45 pm »
Makes sense to me,but the powers to be would never agree.I wonder if any pollies have read any of the comments that have been posted so far? Probably not.Maybe we should get on to "The Motoring Enthusiasts Party"candidate.Give him something to do.