Author Topic: Pre 95 Class for NSW VMX  (Read 62569 times)

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Pre 95 Class for NSW VMX
« Reply #135 on: December 03, 2013, 09:29:42 PM »
Done :)
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline Stewart Allen

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 03, 2013, 09:46:46 PM »
Done. Thanks Ted & Nathan.
CHEERS STEWART

Doing it to old things is fun
# 74 Heaven
IT490 Will be going one day soon
CR125M
SL175 bitza
IT250D needs work
CR250RE Not going as yet
YZ125F

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 03, 2013, 09:48:31 PM »
I got this message, the only problem being that I hadn't previously signed the petition and nobody else has used my computer. Is there something I don't get?

The following errors occurred
•Your name and IP address have already been recorded. GoPetition does not allow duplicate signatures from the same computer. Please review the signature list as you may have already signed the petition.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 03, 2013, 09:56:09 PM »
Maybe you are using a cheap wireless mouse? If you click buttons with one of those they can sometimes actually do two clicks very quickly...

TM BILL

« Reply #139 on: December 03, 2013, 09:56:58 PM »
its hard to find good old mx bikes and cost big money to sum people after pre 90 are cheaper if you guys stop hording them may let people buy them

Mate im assuming that you are talking about the older eras  ??? That argument comes up every few months , the reality is there are way more older bikes on the market than there are buyers .

After 1990 they are cheaper of course as with few exceptions nobody wants them . Once these blokes get their new movement up and running then there will be a market for those model bikes and their prices to will increase .

Is this telling you something??

No you will have to spell it out for me

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 03, 2013, 10:19:24 PM »
Maybe you are using a cheap wireless mouse? If you click buttons with one of those they can sometimes actually do two clicks very quickly...
No Graeme, I'm using a reasonably decent Logitech mouse connected by cable. I must have done something wrong so I'll try again using my I Pad or phone.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline middo24

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 03, 2013, 10:21:27 PM »
I  dont come on this forum very often , mainly because of above, I find it very interesting HEAVEN was founded on the 20 ys & older rule,  funny I heard the same thing 10 yrs ago with pre85 then again pre90 ??????? dont get me wrong I have bikes from pre 65, pre70 , EVO & pre 90, & race EVO & pre90, & will have a pre70 persang ready in the next few yrs, so Im not anti "OLDER BIKES", nearly everyone that races VMX do so on a bike that means something to them, either it was what their dad raced, the bike their hero raced when they were a kid , their favorite bike they raced or the bike they wanted but couldnt afford in the day, which is is the reason I race the bikes ive got + I have an EFI CRF450 as well, when I spoke to nathan he asked me what I thought about PRE95 & my answer was    "it will happen as it is a natural progression in the older bike racing cycle", so please remember why you are racing your bike as there is younger people out there that thing the same as you about pre95 , cheers middo
just an old fart with a  69 250 Persang, C&J XR500,89 YZ125 ,89CR250 & CRF450

Offline kdx Geoff

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 03, 2013, 10:22:05 PM »

Nathan, I don't know how to set up a poll on here to garner interest. It would need to be only for Sydney environs people to register their interest. It would be of no use for a Vic, WA etc to register interest because they will not use it, no offence intended. I have to get fairly accurate numbers together to work out the viability of it all.

Even if they can the pseudo second Bondi Beach site ...haha, they may alot another.

If you or anyone else can set this poll up:

Topic : Offroad Park Penrith NSW.... Interested?

I'll set up an online petition no dramas:)

Here it is, http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/offroad-park-penrith-nsw.html

Can everyone please sign the petition, it doen't matter where your from, we just need names and support:):) ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thanks guys

Good luck
Buying kdx air cooled drum brake unitrak bikes and parts

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 03, 2013, 10:24:26 PM »
No Graeme, I'm using a reasonably decent Logitech mouse connected by cable. I must have done something wrong so I'll try again using my I Pad or phone.

Your names already on the petition Mark, your not suffering dementia yourself are you ;D
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 03, 2013, 10:32:39 PM »
I just spotted it myself Geoff :-[.....I'm starting to worry now. I only came onto the forum at 9.30 and that's when I spotted the petition thread. All I did was fill it in and press the button once...at least that's what I thought I did. Maybe I did catch a dose of dementia at the hospital this evening ;D. I thought the dog was giving me some extra attention ;D.

Offline b490

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 03, 2013, 10:59:57 PM »
Good luck with the ride park idea . 
 Signed the petition .
Have you spread the word  about this  proposal  with  other bike sites ?.

Regards,
                 Steve

Offline nada

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 04, 2013, 05:40:27 AM »
Hi Guys

Thanks so much ;D ;D ;D ;D
Cheers

Nada
Honda is the only way to roll!

Offline Ando

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 04, 2013, 06:16:46 AM »
I  dont come on this forum very often , mainly because of above, I find it very interesting HEAVEN was founded on the 20 ys & older rule,  funny I heard the same thing 10 yrs ago with pre85 then again pre90 ??????? dont get me wrong I have bikes from pre 65, pre70 , EVO & pre 90, & race EVO & pre90, & will have a pre70 persang ready in the next few yrs, so Im not anti "OLDER BIKES", nearly everyone that races VMX do so on a bike that means something to them, either it was what their dad raced, the bike their hero raced when they were a kid , their favorite bike they raced or the bike they wanted but couldnt afford in the day, which is is the reason I race the bikes ive got + I have an EFI CRF450 as well, when I spoke to nathan he asked me what I thought about PRE95 & my answer was    "it will happen as it is a natural progression in the older bike racing cycle", so please remember why you are racing your bike as there is younger people out there that thing the same as you about pre95 , cheers middo

Well said Middo,

That isn't the first time I've heard that about "HEAVEN" that it was founded on a 20 year & older rule, which I quite like in some resects. I got into VMX 3 or 4 seasons ago when I found out there was talk of "PRE-90" As these were what I rode & grew up with. I will be 43 next year & race EVO, PRE-85 & PRE-90. The reason I race all these classes is the fact I rode a lot these bikes back in the "so called day". For eg: I started riding a 1980 YZ80G & the last bike I owned back then was a 1989 KX500E1. I don't really have a desire to ride "PRE-95" bikes, as I didn't have anything to do with them. After selling my 89 KX500 I stopped riding for 20 years. Since getting into VMX I am finding an interest in older bikes that I wasn't brought up with. As for "PRE-95" good luck to them! I haven't got a problem with people wanting to play with their old toys! Lets ALL just keep in mind why we are doing it!  ;)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2013, 06:22:47 AM by Ando »

Offline Branchy

• B-Grade
  • husky 400 cross
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 04, 2013, 06:57:08 AM »
done all signed #29 lets spread this australia wide as we as dirt bike riders have been pushed aside to far to long with adequate facilites and structured areas and programs for people to enjoy our sport ,

comment to council reads"
should be a given seeing the amount of dirt bike riding going on right throughout australia it has become one of the most popular pastimes again and as a former police officer it gives a place of structure to young people to learn skills and develop , it also tackles a growing problem of riding on the streets and parklands outside the law's as a rider of 57 yrs young i certainly would support it and ride there when visting sydney , thankyou
maybe a trip to gloucester for those boy'z really know how to throw a party ps dont mention dungog (must be some old footy rivalry)

Offline Andrew L

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 04, 2013, 08:02:30 AM »
Signed #36
"You have not made any mistakes if you find extra pieces after assembling an object. In fact you have just found a way to make the object more efficient."