Author Topic: Group therapy Obsessive Compulsive M/C Hoarding disorder. (And anything else)  (Read 24510 times)

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
it's called having "SCRUPLES",  8)

cheers Worms

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
Ad you seem to be a fine example of that Trev, as do many I have had the pleasure of dealing with in this community :)
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
I just saw Mick's use of the word "Hoardaniser". This thread peaked at that moment. :)

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
Frosty, one of the things I learnt is if someone is lying in the gutter wanting a hand out, keep walking because they'll just fall straight back in.  But if they are trying to pull themselves out, stop and lend a hand.

Another thing is if your mates have a dodgy moral compass it will erode yours over time. It's all too easy to become tolerant of mates who are a bit sketchy because they may seem like a good bloke in other areas, or are fun on the piss. Trouble is they are usually tolerant of other sketchy people and before you know it you have a widening circle of dodgy friends. And as is human nature you eventually get influenced by them.  Not to mention that if you have something they want you will end up being a target.

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
I highly doubt that Firko, I would probably get a good laugh if you did sell it on ebay though. ;D

Recently I nearly became a Valiant hoarder but I thought better of it. That was only because once people find out you have one then others say I have a mate that wants to sell one and it is very tempting when they are well priced but having two car projects as it was I have decided to get them done before I consider getting another.

Having said that though you can't switch off your liking of cars or bikes just because you don't really need them if I hear of another charger close to me I'd probably have to go look at it I wouldn't be able to help myself.

1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
If Pete believes he is right, pursue it relentlessly. Read, read and read more about it. In the end he will know more about it than the rule makers and so called experts. Avoid opinions on here at all costs. When he has sufficient knowledge on it use the forum to whip up a frenzy of " not you again "
" not this same shit again "  " cheating bastard ". " this has been discussed 1000 times " Present it at a meet and force their hand to act on it.
Apologies for the hijack and a bit late on the response here Ted but there is a bit of a difference between your case and mine. You doggedly pursued what you believed to be correct and with a bucketload of tenacity and determination proved it true beyond doubt, and in doing so, silenced your critics forever and paved the way for others - admirable job. The B40, however is a slightly different case in that all the evidence seems to point towards the side points B40 being a designated 1965 model. My argument would be, in the interests of the ongoing preservation of the pre 65 movement, to let it in as a slightly different, but without advantage, flow on model. I hope what Firko has said rings true and that the omission of the eligibility table means that all B40's are eligible, but I'm not pinning my hopes on that one yet.

It may yet go straight to the pool room.

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
it's called having "SCRUPLES",  8)

cheers Worms

Unfortunately, not all people know what SCRUPLES mean...or even that the word exists. It's kinda like "common sense", if it were that common, everybody would have some  ::)
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
oh shit, is that what it means ;D

mainline

oh shit, is that what it means ;D

Did those triples ever turn up for that yz250g?

Offline suzuki27

• Legend
    • View Profile
I like that crash n bern, it should be taught in schools.

Offline huskibul

• Legend
    • View Profile
   Yamaico, i dont think "All the evidence"is in on the sidepoint subject as i said in another thread i have an original uk "Motor Cycle" mag dated october 1 1964 that clearly states by Jeff Smith that he used production case's on his title winning bike in the first 9 rounds of the championship and were changed every round due to wearing out, then had sandcast case's made for final 5 rounds- if we could drum up photo's that show the bike was sidepoint up till then there is no arguement -if they were distributor motor then look at that  :)

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
   Yamaico, i dont think "All the evidence"is in on the sidepoint subject as i said in another thread i have an original uk "Motor Cycle" mag dated october 1 1964 that clearly states by Jeff Smith that he used production case's on his title winning bike in the first 9 rounds of the championship and were changed every round due to wearing out, then had sandcast case's made for final 5 rounds- if we could drum up photo's that show the bike was sidepoint up till then there is no arguement -if they were distributor motor then look at that  :)

You're right there Huskibul. I really need to exhaust all avenues before I consign it to the pool room.

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
Quick, some one please come around and slap me before I end up hoarding another green basket case

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/131052452771?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
You'll be right homo, someone in Qld is on to it......well change our name soon to Greenland.....there's lots of green meanies up here racing....oh, that's right, you don't have racing down there do you...just a Veri good time...LOL.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
hey mainline, I need a refresh, I have a set of triples in the shed, did i owe you a set or was I looking for a set for you, either way, their your s if you want them as I have no use for them, Cheers Trev

can simo get them to you?