Author Topic: Group therapy Obsessive Compulsive M/C Hoarding disorder. (And anything else)  (Read 24499 times)

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
I guess that every one thinks that we are all in it for the same reason and there are quite a few that have different motives for having bikes believe it or not I don't understand it but they probably don't understand the guys like me that value bikes more than money.

That and any of the following isn't directed on any member here just a generalisation unless you feel you fall into that category but whatever floats your boat I don't care if some one enjoys buying and selling bikes.

I am just an enthusiast and I don't care if it costs me a lot I don't work on my bikes to sell them I don't get to ride any where near as much as I would like to but I have fun working on my bikes, I probably have a few more than really necessary but the ones I have I enjoy owning I don't have anything just to have it.

I have found that for whatever reason when you go out of your way for someone in any thing there is a good chance it is going to come back and bite you no good deed goes unpunished.

I have helped a lot of people out in my job and even still I get caught now and again feeling sorry for people of course it isn't all the time but it seems more often than not that you'll get shafted but at least I don't have any problems sleeping at night.
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
Hey Ted, got something to keep you of the streets, Pete(Yamaico) could do with some Tenacious help in regards his B40.
You de Man, no doubting that ;D

Don't bother Ted, I think I've got it sorted ;D. The 2008 MoM states, in the eligibility table for pre 65 ....BSA: All except B44 and B50. The eligibility table has now been deleted from MoMs and in the 2013 book there is nothing whatsoever relating to B40 BSA's so one would have to assume that seeing there is nothing to tell us otherwise, All BSA B40s would have to be accepted for pre 65.

Sorry for the thread hijack but Mick kinda brought it up. ;)
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
Nothing wrong with thread hi-jacks, I reckon, grandpa Simpson is a cool dude.
"light weight, and it works great"  :)

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
Anyhow I got rained of the big blue box today, so I migrated inside and started sorting some hoardings.

Found some unobtainium NOS 4-speed radial lay shafts. How many you got? none I am guessing ::)
Some Unobtainium mega two MT1 lay shafts(those so called new Maicos use Used lay shafts from donor Alphas last time I was Informed).

And some angular lug NOS YZ465 evo twin leaders.

And even a couple of the ultra best Maico folding tip levers for my MC and GS125er'

Yeap, yeap, yeap I am a real Hoarder, Darling calls me a picker 8)

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile

He, He, He,,,,,and loving the solutions 8)

Oh yeah Brad I see the part I owe you.
I can Touch it, but cant lift it out.
Some friends are coming this weekend to provide engine lifting muscle.
Apologies for the slackness.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile

Yes a few years ago I couldn't believe it when I saw a top end, high capacity "Made in Germany" "Weed Eater" whipper-sipper on the nature strip. Took it home, cleaned the tank and carby out, put a new plug in it. Years later, still hasn't missed a beat, leaves my six previous anti-Christs for dead. Thank fug the world is full of useless Dumb C***s I reckon.

Even found a 84 600 Yammie out there with its engine in a basket once, stuck it straight on ebay, pulled $375.

I have mixed feelings about them cancelling the clean-ups in our area :( ::) :'( ;D :)

My council cleanup find was a beauty. I was driving along Castle Hill Road in Sydney's leafy Castle Hill one afternoon and noticed a set of handlebars poking out of a pile on the nature strip. Being the scrounger that I am I had to check it out but being a 'no stopping during peak period' area I had to drive around the block and park up on the footpath behind the pile. As I was digging the crap out of the way to see what the handlebars were connected to, the home owner came out to see what I was doing. When I explained that I'd like to see what the bike was he helped me dig it out and it turned out to be a pretty nice Yamaha MX125b. He then told me he had another couple of bikes that he was also throwing out so I went with him back into his yard to find a rough but complete TM250 Suzuki and spare motor and one of those little electric kids chopper things. It turns out the bloke had recently bought the house for his daughter and the previous residents had left the bikes and a lot of other crap behind. I got the bikes for the grand total of zero! Whyalla Rob now has the MX125 but I've still got the TM and little Chopper tucked away in storage.

'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile

Yes a few years ago I couldn't believe it when I saw a top end, high capacity "Made in Germany" "Weed Eater" whipper-sipper on the nature strip. Took it home, cleaned the tank and carby out, put a new plug in it. Years later, still hasn't missed a beat, leaves my six previous anti-Christs for dead. Thank fug the world is full of useless Dumb C***s I reckon.

Even found a 84 600 Yammie out there with its engine in a basket once, stuck it straight on ebay, pulled $375.

I have mixed feelings about them cancelling the clean-ups in our area :( ::) :'( ;D :)

My council cleanup find was a beauty. I was driving along Castle Hill Road in Sydney's leafy Castle Hill one afternoon and noticed a set of handlebars poking out of a pile on the nature strip. Being the scrounger that I am I had to check it out but being a 'no stopping during peak period' area I had to drive around the block and park up on the footpath behind the pile. As I was digging the crap out of the way to see what the handlebars were connected to, the home owner came out to see what I was doing. When I explained that I'd like to see what the bike was he helped me dig it out and it turned out to be a pretty nice Yamaha MX125b. He then told me he had another couple of bikes that he was also throwing out so I went with him back into his yard to find a rough but complete TM250 Suzuki and spare motor and one of those little electric kids chopper things. It turns out the bloke had recently bought the house for his daughter and the previous residents had left the bikes and a lot of other crap behind. I got the bikes for the grand total of zero! Whyalla Rob now has the MX125 but I've still got the TM and little Chopper tucked away in storage.

Far out, That's incredible, absolutely amazing.

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
I have helped a lot of people out in my job and even still I get caught now and again feeling sorry for people of course it isn't all the time but it seems more often than not that you'll get shafted but at least I don't have any problems sleeping at night.

You are the old school definition of a real cool genuine Aussie, Crusty.

I deplore those who say what you should do, my journey doesn't belong to them.

But in my journey's hindsight, my best, is to always trust ones intuition, truly your most trustworthy friend.

I will give my shirt to practically anyone, but now I bar users and scammers, and thats another thing I am loving ;D
« Last Edit: November 25, 2013, 11:18:57 pm by Mick D »

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
I think maybe they should try teach morals etc in school I have a lot of mates that are really good but some of them have suprised me with what they will do.

One of my mates sold a boat in so called good running condition and it had engine problems I asked him why he just didn't say it was because he wouldn't get as much for it. I have tried to stir him about it to maybe kick his conscience into gear but he didn't seem at all bothered.

I like the container idea I have thought of getting one just because bikes take a lot of space especially when they don't have stands and you run out of wall leaning space then throw in some car stuff and there is no room in the shed.

1971 tm400 and PE's

mainline

I think maybe they should try teach morals etc in school I have a lot of mates that are really good but some of them have suprised me with what they will do.

One of my mates sold a boat in so called good running condition and it had engine problems I asked him why he just didn't say it was because he wouldn't get as much for it. I have tried to stir him about it to maybe kick his conscience into gear but he didn't seem at all bothered.

You can't 'teach' morals in school Frosty. It has to come from the parents. Just make sure you remind your mate about his behaviour if he ever cops a bad deal. Although once you start acting like that I reckon it's a bit too late to change.

TM BILL

I have found that for whatever reason when you go out of your way for someone in any thing there is a good chance it is going to come back and bite you no good deed goes unpunished.

Michael at first i thought thats a bit cynical for a young bloke like you  :( but then i realised that as with most things you say on here you show a maturity way beyond your years  :)

I got burned by a Prick who i stupidly offered to help out a while ago  ::) this Prick as it turns out makes a habit of doing this, as its all about him . My initial reaction was fork it im not gonna help anyone else  >:( but that soon passes as you come to realise the worlds Kunts are a minority and 99% of the time people are appreciative and happy to reciprocate  :) Karma took care of this prick as it turned out anyway  ;D .

Firkos MX and TM council clean up finds show how good Karma pays dividends to the good guys  :)

Mick loving that Container storage unit  :) the 22mm pipe instead of bars and pegs off is a simple yet great idea to free up more space  :)

And as Paul says morals are something you learn at home from your parents  :)
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 06:37:11 am by TM bill »

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile

I have helped a lot of people out in my job and even still I get caught now and again feeling sorry for people of course it isn't all the time but it seems more often than not that you'll get shafted but at least I don't have any problems sleeping at night
I feel like we've watched Michael grow from the grammar shy kid of a few years ago into the great young man he's become. I've seen many a kid come into this sport, usually to see them fade off once the novelty wore off. Michael's never been afraid to get involved on here and his passion for old bikes seems to be growing as we go along. Michaels just done me a favour, supplying me with a part I've been needing for one of my projects. I sure hope your deal with me doesn't "come back to bit you" my friend.

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
Micheal, most of us would have been burnt by some rsole at one time or other in our lives. It seems to be a sad fact of life. When we are young and at school, we have more "friends" than we can count. Slowly but surely, most will go by the wayside or move away and never heard from again, some will end up on drugs and will do anything for their fix. Then there are those that remain "friends" as long as they can get something out of you until you learn what they are all about. At the end of the day, you're lucky if you have a handful of "genuine" friends that will stand the test of time. I don't offer help anymore as I have been burnt once too often. If someone asks for my help, I will gladly lend a hand, depending on the person of course  ;)

Firko, finding those bikes is an amazing yarn. I thought I got lucky when I lived in Randwick as young bloke and my flat mate and I dragged a huge colour TV home that we found on a council clean up rubbish pile one night. Plugged it in, connected the aerial and bingo.... we had a new tele with a screen big enough to be able to see it sitting on the lounge. The little black and white portable that we used to watch went into Phils room. Mind you, we had heaps of old pushies and billy carts that got built up or fixed that other people threw away. Come to think of it, I think the tinkering and hoarding started because of the council clean ups  :o
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
Firkos MX and TM council clean up finds show how good Karma pays dividends to the good guys  :)
Aw shucks Bill, I love you too :-*
  I thought I got lucky when I lived in Randwick as young bloke and my flat mate and I dragged a huge colour TV home that we found on a council clean up rubbish pile one night
When I first moved to the US I had managed to find a small flat but naturally had no furniture except a bed the landlord gave me and a couch the previous tenant had left behind. One evening not long after moving in I was walking to the liquor store when I came across a pile out the front of a house at the end of my street, put there by the landlord after being left behind by 'midnight runner' tenants. I managed to get a recliner couch, a beautiful colour telly and a huge assortment of kitchen pots and pans, a Mix Master and best of all, a Marantz sound system with what I found out later were high end custom speakers. That little trip to the 'bottlo' set me up and turned my little house into a home. I had the TV and stereo for the next seven years and the furniture lasted until my girlfriend moved in with her own stuff...........Just a fortnight ago, neighbours down the street were putting stuff out for the cleanup so, as is my nature I just had to have a look. I found three big boxes full of expensive kids toys, much of it Fisher-Price plus an almost unused kids three wheeler. By lucky coincidence my godsons wife had just that week given birth to their second daughter so last weekend I passed over the stash to a very grateful young couple. It gave me great satisfaction seeing one family's throwaways make another family very happy.

Offline Mick D

• Legend
    • View Profile
Always produces a smile, to see or hear kid will have a smile :D :)

Micheal, most of us would have been burnt by some rsole at one time or other in our lives. It seems to be a sad fact of life. When we are young and at school, we have more "friends" than we can count. Slowly but surely, most will go by the wayside or move away and never heard from again, some will end up on drugs and will do anything for their fix. Then there are those that remain "friends" as long as they can get something out of you until you learn what they are all about. At the end of the day, you're lucky if you have a handful of "genuine" friends that will stand the test of time. I don't offer help anymore as I have been burnt once too often. If someone asks for my help, I will gladly lend a hand, depending on the person of course  ;)
That is about how it goes. Trust your intuition, the most valuable of all your senses. If some one wants your trust, Stuff em I say, let them go down the long path of earning it first.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 12:57:29 pm by Mick D »