Author Topic: Pre 91 dissapointing in NZ  (Read 12130 times)

TM BILL

Pre 91 dissapointing in NZ
« on: October 28, 2013, 10:44:15 am »
Two rounds into the revamped NZ VMX series and pre 91 entries are abysmal ::)

After much talk and chest beating from those with Pre 91 bikes for the introduction of a class for them fork all have turned up  >:(

At rd 1 we bolstered the class by having no bottom age limit (ie you could ride a pre 75 bike in that class should you choose to ) .

Why do we listen to the we want we want mob because when we deliver they obviously dont want it  ::)

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile
Re: Pre 91 dissapointing in NZ
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2013, 10:47:50 am »
Ira was wasn't there due to family commitments,but maybe those of us in the series with Pre 91 bikes in the shed should bring them along as well  hint hint.

TM BILL

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2013, 10:54:38 am »
Ira was wasn't there due to family commitments,but maybe those of us in the series with Pre 91 bikes in the shed should bring them along as well  hint hint.

I wasn't there either due to other things on .

I ride 3 or 4 classes as it is  ::) its all the we want we want mob im over  ::) my 86 kdx is there for anyone to collect and race if they want .

Where are all the clowns who kept on that why is there no pre 90 class mob NOW , forking cyber racers  ::)

Thank fork the CSC stick to their guns and dont listen to the we want we want mob  :) as the WA model and CSC model proves stick to a programme and if others want change let THEM get off their arses and do somthing about it .

« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 11:00:53 am by TM bill »

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 11:12:27 am »
Sounds like you're being a bit harsh there Bill, I guess with any form of racing, you can't expect much of a turn-out for the early events, surely it will take time for a new class to get-the-ball-rolling?

Once it is seen to be a regular class, people will buy bikes and build them, sure it's easier for the established classes, you've been running for years and your bikes are ready to go.

I tend to think that the 'more modern' bike racers may have a slightly different mind-set to the traditional older riders, in that they may prefer conditions to be a little more to their liking before coming out?  eg; nice weather or prepared track.

I'm not saying what is wrong or right, maybe just a consideration when catering for new classes.
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

TM BILL

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2013, 11:24:34 am »
Happy birthday John  :)

My point is that we listened to these people and provided a class for them and now they dont turn up .
There are plenty of pre 91 bikes already out there ( or so you would believe after hearing for at least the last 5 yrs "why is there no class for us ") The one person who has done both the rds so far bought a bike and restored it once he new we were introducing the class.

I think your right about more modern mentality creeping in  ::) forking hairdressers is the term i would use  :)

Im pissed off because i should have known better  ::) i pushed for the class after listening to the we want we want and if we keep on long enough we will get it  mob , and as usual when they get it they dont want it  >:(

Montynut

« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2013, 11:26:54 am »
Gezzuz Bill your off Nathan's Chrissie card list ??? ::)

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2013, 11:35:37 am »
Gezzuz Bill your off Nathan's Chrissie card list ??? ::)

LOL

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2013, 11:36:56 am »
Happy birthday John  :)

Thanks, never thought I'd reach 54  :-D

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2013, 11:40:53 am »
Bill,I sense some angst mate  :D
Give it time,it will grow,there is no doubt that it will gather momentum but I guess it will take a little longer.
I know of guys preparing bikes as we speak (including me) so let's not get too annoyed yet.

I also wonder if its   worth telling the Pre 86 guys that they can ride up ???

Hope all is well
Liz  :D

TM BILL

« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2013, 11:47:44 am »
So how long do we give it  ::)

As i say for at least the last 5 yrs its been a topic thats bought up at every meeting , where are all the clowns who turned up to Taupo meetings wanting to race later bikes in pre 86  ??? is it that now their bike is cosher its no fun anymore  :-\

Alls well here thanks  :) looking forward to the 4 Hr this weekend so i can ride my 86 KDX.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2013, 11:52:52 am »
How long have you been offering a Pre-91 class?
How well publicised has it been?

Don't know the politics of NZ VMX, but as a general statement:
You can't spend five years hanging shit on an era and the people who are passionate about it, and then expect them to come running like obedient little puppies when you finally, grudgingly offer them a class...
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2013, 11:57:44 am »
How long have you been offering a Pre-91 class?
How well publicised has it been?

Don't know the politics of NZ VMX, but as a general statement:
You can't spend five years hanging shit on an era and the people who are passionate about it, and then expect them to come running like obedient little puppies when you finally, grudgingly offer them a class...
First year it's been offered Nathan.
I think there's merit in your statement above,but I think it's just a time thing myself.
Have fun at the four hour Ira  ;D

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2013, 11:59:55 am »
It will take time Bill, you need to let the NON vintage riders know it's happening, no use preaching to the converted...this is where we fall down....not promoting ourselves to newby's.....maybe a magazine article and some bike shop shows......a few demo's at some modern meets......hey, get Kingy and some KX5/CR500's doing some laps.....I know it's hard work but if we don't do it, no one will....get Lissie and his homo mates in jafa town to get something going....put them on the spot....you know it comes back to the finger pointers and the workers. ;)
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline number8

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2013, 12:01:23 pm »
Build it and "they will come"

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2013, 12:04:26 pm »
It will take time Bill, you need to let the NON vintage riders know it's happening, no use preaching to the converted...this is where we fall down....not promoting ourselves to newby's.....maybe a magazine article and some bike shop shows......a few demo's at some modern meets......hey, get Kingy and some KX5/CR500's doing some laps.....I know it's hard work but if we don't do it, no one will....get Lissie and his homo mates in jafa town to get something going....put them on the spot....you know it comes back to the finger pointers and the workers. ;)
Joan we are holding a round at Ardmore this year Homo  ;)