Author Topic: Moto Gp  (Read 10418 times)

Offline Hardex

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Moto Gp
« on: October 20, 2013, 03:37:20 pm »
Quote from Jack  Miller when asked about the pesky KTMs in front of him " don't know about that but I need a piss "
While sitting on the start line  ;D

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Moto Gp
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2013, 06:12:19 pm »
I'm sick of hearing the Spanish national anthem.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2013, 08:52:25 pm »
I'm sick of hearing the Spanish national anthem.
You're gonna hear it a lot more in the coming years! Thank god for Marquez's stuff up, we still have a title race..

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2013, 09:53:38 pm »
Did you see the Jap guy in Marquez camp. Very calm when told he was disqualified. I'll bet he changed his tune when they locked the doors and read the retard the riot act. What a dumb shit

Dungey did similar in the MX today as well. In the 10 lap races you had to use the joker lane once each race. Villopoto uses lane on tenth lap while Dungey doesn't. Dungey first over line followed by Villopoto. Villopoto pulls Dungey over and says why didn't you use the lane. Dungey goes Oh Fark I forgot.

How much are these imbeciles paid
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline PEZBerq

• Legend
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 10:11:58 pm »
The tyre f up was insane. But it made for a very exciting race and I would like to see more of it. Jorge near catapulted himself off his bike when he hit the picks so hard in the pits while changing bikes! Not happy with getting shortchanged by 8 laps in MotoGP and by about 10 laps in Moto2. Bet that won't happen again.....

Good to see Jack Miller get 5th in Moto3 on a underpowered bike. Ant West is not in a good space and I bet his sponsors are not happy with his grid interview.

And the supercross was good with the skill levels absolutely amazing. Megan Rutledge is insanely good and made the rest of the women look silly. The interviews were shit as the PA was so poor you couldn't hear what was being said.....at least the viewing was better than last year so well done to the organizers.
Husqvarnas: 78 390AMX, 82 430XC, 84 240WR, 84 500AE, 84 510TE, 87 510TE

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 10:15:53 pm »
Maybe I'm missing something but I thought the MotoGP was as dull as dogshit. Those bullshit bike change/pitstops are an embarrassing wank. When they have to inject these artificial facets into the race to supposedly make it more exciting something must be very wrong with motorsport. The Joker Lane is another example. Sheeesh.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 10:18:38 pm »
Agreed
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline PEZBerq

• Legend
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2013, 10:43:20 pm »
Nothing beats being there I guess. Like most sport it's best viewed live. Definitely not boring as batshit. Great to see Rossi on the podium doing a Stephen Bradbury. Marquez coming out of pit lane and hitting Jorge was another highlight. You guys are a tough audience.
Husqvarnas: 78 390AMX, 82 430XC, 84 240WR, 84 500AE, 84 510TE, 87 510TE

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2013, 10:46:37 pm »
Do they have to change silly outfits,bra and panties too like a club day drongo race?

Is the Spanish anthem in the tune of "Broke again" by the Little River Band?

Anyone tell Count Yorga Lorenzo Silver Gulls are actually a protected species of a shitfully annoying bird in Victoria?

Why is the Australian leg of the MotoGP run offshore?

They shortened the races because Dunlop and Bridgestone claimed (well actually admitted!!!!!)  their control tyres would not last the distance!!!!!!?????
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 12:24:46 pm by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 08:22:12 am »
Maybe I'm missing something but I thought the MotoGP was as dull as dogshit.

Totally agree and due to the shortened race it was over in a flash. I got more enjoyment from the interviews with Casey, Mick and Wayne and the parade lap they did.
Let's face it some dirt bikes were never meant to be ridden.

Offline David Lahey

• Legend
  • Gladstone, Queensland Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2013, 08:38:44 am »
the shortened MotoGP race with bike change and black flag for Marquez was as unsatisfying as coitus interruptus
previous pseudonym feetupfun

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2013, 09:30:10 am »
Maybe I'm missing something but I thought the MotoGP was as dull as dogshit. Those bullshit bike change/pitstops are an embarrassing wank. When they have to inject these artificial facets into the race to supposedly make it more exciting something must be very wrong with motorsport. The Joker Lane is another example. Sheeesh.

The flag to flag race was brought in for serious tyre issues, chunking outside and the race was further reduced to 19 laps after Bridgestone found internal blistering. With top speeds of 215mph and lap average of 110mph there was nothing artifical about the rule being enforced.This was Marquez's rear after just 11 laps. Dunlops from the shortened Moto2 race were worse.
Nothing beats being there I guess. Like most sport it's best viewed live. Definitely not boring as batshit.

When Chris Vermulen says he was blown away by how fast MotoGP bikes are these days you can be certain they are faster than wheat you ever imagied. What is awesome (unlike F1 or top fuelers) is you can see that is all down to the rider not the machine. 
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline SlideRulz

• A-Grade
  • Not anti social just anti idiot.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2013, 10:02:32 am »
I thought it was the most interesting GP of the season.
Notice how Wayne wasn't interviewed at the same time as Mick & Casey.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2013, 10:12:56 am »
The flag to flag race was brought in for serious tyre issues, chunking outside and the race was further reduced to 19 laps after Bridgestone found internal blistering. With top speeds of 215mph and lap average of 110mph there was nothing artifical about the rule being enforced.This was Marquez's rear after just 11 laps. Dunlops from the shortened Moto2 race were worse
I fully understand the reason for the shortened races and bike changes but using the premise that motor racing is entertainment.......I wasn't entertained as much as I have been in the past. Surely in 2013 the Dunlop has a compound that can handle the sandpaper surface at PI??? If not, why not?
I've got every race of Wayne Gardner's championship winning season on VHS which I like to go back to whenever I start to get a bit down on GP racing. Every race was a toughie with any one of six or seven racers capable of winning. Compare it to today's MotoGP and you'll easily see how far backwards we've gone.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2013, 01:42:04 pm »
I fully understand the reason for the shortened races and bike changes but using the premise that motor racing is entertainment.......I wasn't entertained as much as I have been in the past. Surely in 2013 the Dunlop has a compound that can handle the sandpaper surface at PI??? If not, why not?

Dunlop AND Bridgestone din't have a tyre that would hast the distance. Comes from a spec tyre and there was never a tyre test at PI.Without a test they were caught with their pants down about the surface being radicaly different to last year(after the resurface).
Bikes being terribly expensive to produce and run and the ending of the ciggie money sponsorship is the biggest reasons why there are only 6 full factory bikes on the grid.
Jesus only loves two strokes