Author Topic: Moto Gp  (Read 10408 times)

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Moto Gp
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2013, 10:59:15 pm »
Lozza,as someone whom seems to have their digit on pulse re the Moto GP caper can you give us your opinion on why if Race Direction (or whom ever) deemed that 9 to 10 laps was the safest option on rear tyres (and possably fronts) that were having serious degredation issues that they could not have run race distance and had two bike changes. 

Ditto the 600 race, only they would have only needed one bike change to go race distance.

Only thing I can think of that may have thwarted the above option is number of tyres available.

Anyone else got any ideas re the above. I would much prefer the facts but in the short term rumor and innuendo will suffice.

As above tyre allocation is strictly limited, with only 2 of the 3 options for rear tyres that actualy work and the softs get used for QP2 to get a shot a to pole. Worse is that the race is at the end of the weekend when they have used most of tyre allocation. A tyre swap on a MotoGP bike is pretty slick operation only something like 20-30 seconds, goes very smoothly with only the axle and axle nut and the chain to remove/install . Brake caliper and chain tensioners all stay in place. Great to watch the slick pit work in the last 10min of QP2.
GD you comig to PI next year?
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Moto Gp
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2013, 11:48:43 pm »
No, Loz, I'm done. Have admitted defeat in battling with those two numpties in the comm box, and my ticker is shot so have sold the race bike. We have historic nats here in three weeks though, looking forward to seeing, and more importantly hearing Jerry Kooistra's new toy.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2013, 11:50:36 pm by GD66 »
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....