Author Topic: Is there a lawyer on the forum  (Read 6545 times)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a lawyer on the forum
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2013, 09:50:52 pm »
And who do you think dobbed them in
???? I give in...who?
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2013, 10:21:58 pm »
MA don’t have a monopoly but they are the recognized governing body that is affiliated with the FIM
Anyone can run their own races and call it what they like but all MA titles are recognized officially.
The US used to run their own world championship 4 stroke class in the 80’s but no one took it seriously as a world championship, not outside the US anyway.

The US has lots of organizations running their own meetings though and they are starting to appear here now with organizations like ASA and AASA.

Most club days don’t have to be with MA but they are convenient for insurance and liability. And while many bitch about the funds here in Victoria at least MV have bought and established Broadford and recently helped to purchase Barrabool. Barrabool is going through some grief with locals with noise but at least MV put in some funds to try and save it.

I read a Qld club site some time back that is running meetings without MA
The clubs web page bagged out MA quite a bit but nowhere could I find out if they run their meetings with any insurance cover.
If these clubs are finding other cover then why do they keep it a secret?

I’ve worked for small and large firms and it is quite noticeable how much more complicated things are in larger firms.
Any new organization will seem more efficient when they are starting off but as they grow in size the administration will become more demanding which will require more labour to keep control of which will cause prices to rise
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2013, 10:01:46 am »
Well put GMC. I think the Qld clubs running without MA/MQ are in fact run through AASA.
Good question though, and carried from another thread...if ACU/MA titles are so important, why don't they keep the records up to date and in plain view??

I'm with you Firko, I give up too.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2013, 10:18:46 am »
MA don’t have a monopoly but they are the recognized governing body that is affiliated with the FIM
Anyone can run their own races and call it what they like but all MA titles are recognized officially.

If an MA National title has any more value over an AASA National title, that's ONLY due to the perception of the punters. There are CAMS-recognised State championships that have rounds run under a AASA permit.

FIM affiliation is irrelevant for non-international competition. It's waved around as a big deal, but it doesn't actually mean anything at all for your typical club day.

All of that said: I don't really get the depth of MA hate. I know they're not perfect, but I've come from the world if CAMS, who are a genuinely horrible organisation, wracked with petty politics, back-stabbing, inefficiencies, a complete lack of focus on competitor's interests, and simple thick-headedness.
Compared to them, MA look like a bunch of saints and AASA & AMSAG are essential alternatives. The rise of AASA and validation of AMSAG has forced CAMS to lift its game a whole lot.

(Sorry for continual reference to CAMS - just that all of the arguments are repeats of what was said five years ago in relation to AASA vs CAMS, and ten years ago about AMSAG vs CAMS).
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2013, 10:55:03 am »
If an MA National title has any more value over an AASA National title, that's ONLY due to the perception of the punters. There are CAMS-recognised State championships that have rounds run under a AASA permit.

Can any old swimming club run an Australian championship that will be recognized world wide?
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2013, 11:53:23 am »
Are any Aussie VMX champions recognised worldwide anyhow?

If any old club runs an event (or series of events) as a national title, and are recognised by the competitors as a national title, then that's all that really matters.

If its just Nathan and Davey racing each other around Barabool, then it will never be considered a valid national title, regardless of who issued the permit.
But if there's 250 riders from around the country, all busting their balls on a track in GMC's backyard, then that will be accepted as a valid national title, regardless of who issued the permit.

Bet none of us could name the National Croquet Champion, or the National 50cc pitbike champion - the titles only have relevance to the participants - sanctioning bodies are irrelevant.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 13, 2013, 12:17:51 pm »
Bet none of us could name the National Croquet Champion, or the National 50cc pitbike champion - the titles only have relevance to the participants - sanctioning bodies are irrelevant.

shit thats scarey nathan,have to agree
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2013, 01:29:14 pm »
the titles only have relevance to the participants - sanctioning bodies are irrelevant.

I know this is pretty scary but......I agree with Nathan (or he agrees with me, both scary), MA sanction on a title is pretty irrelevant considering the only people who really give a shit are the riders peer group, hence my continuing to cite the 92 Dargle Nats and its West Wyalong 'big club day' dirt track equivalent as being broadly accepted by the classic community as legit Aussie Championships.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline supersenior 50

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 13, 2013, 01:36:09 pm »
Well we all like to bag the governing bodies (happens in all sports) sometimes justified sometimes not.
When the Canberra Nats fell over and no other viable clubs put their hand up ( with good and valid reasons), Motorcycling Queensland stepped up and is organising and underwriting the event with help from volunteer enthusiasts. We hope this will be a successfull partnership between the governing body and the enthusiasts, and that will largely depend on the wider VMX community supporting it.
WAVMX is showing again that their support for the VMX movement is huge. Seventeen entries and counting, $800 in personal sponsorships, and heaps of encouragement.
MQ in association with The Scenic Rim councils have secured Queensland Moto Park for all riders at a time where dirt riding areas are increasingly scarce.
MQ also lease and pay for the Biddadaba property which is used by Queensland Vintage Motocross Club tor events on a regular basis.
I am not a PR agent for MQ, just a licensed rider, but I think some balance is needed in these discussions

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2013, 03:21:08 pm »
Kiwi vmx paddock= Bottle of rum to hire may be little cash
Auz vmx  ???? $  to much, there in lies some of the problem. Our club 6 meetings this season costs about 1K for land and Insurance for the season.
biggest expence about $600 a meeting for ambulance
Embrace patina

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2013, 03:25:39 pm »
Mike I thought a good Westie like you would have plenty of legal contacts? ;)
Mate after spending eight years in NSW all I can say is thank fark I live in NZ and race VMX - no disrespect to the NSW clubs but more the bull crap they have to endure to put on events.

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2013, 05:17:41 pm »
Suzuki59 my uncle capone,luigi, and seprano look after me,not to mention the judges in klub Kevlars pockets.
West side Bro
Embrace patina

Offline suzuki59

• Legend
  • Kiwi VMX
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2013, 05:55:15 pm »
Suzuki59 my uncle capone,luigi, and seprano look after me,not to mention the judges in klub Kevlars pockets.
West side Bro
Outrageous fortune cuz?