Author Topic: Is there a lawyer on the forum  (Read 6548 times)

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
Is there a lawyer on the forum
« on: September 12, 2013, 08:37:50 am »
Any one here work in legal office?
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
Re: Is there a lawyer on the forum
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2013, 09:17:10 am »
Too many on here is half the problem ;D
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2013, 09:24:23 am »
Too many on here is half the problem ;D

"Philadelphia Lawyers" dont count!!  ;D
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2013, 11:56:38 am »
TM Bill will be able to sort you out when he gets back from pommyland Bazza....I would have thought Liz Taylor would be on a first name basis in jaffaville?...also, the Wallibies will need more than a lawyer to win a game. ;D
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2013, 12:08:21 pm »
also, the Wallibies will need more than a lawyer to win a game
To borrow a quote from  the legendary Batfink when confronted by the evil mad scientist, Hugo A-Go-Go  "Your bullets cannot harm me. My wings are like a shield of steel!"
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2013, 12:18:36 pm »
Mine is a serious question because no one can tell me why MA can have a monopoly!!!  and dont give me chestnut about 1920 show grounds accident
Restraint of trade / no monopoly/bill of rights etc superceed that shit
Embrace patina

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2013, 12:36:25 pm »
They've got a monopoly because nobody has the guts to work towards an alternative. Ray Ryan, Colin Metcher, Vern Grayson and myself tried to get an AHRMA style organisation up back in 2000 but we couldn't get enough people willing to support our idea. Like we discussed on the phone Mike, the Sport and Recreation act in NSW....the old Speedways Act, is very restrictive in what can and can't be done to run an event on virgin ground. I really wish it was like it is in NZ but it's not. The act came into play in the late fifties after a series of fatal accidents involving spectators. The act needs a modern tune up but with the insurance industry driven public risk paranoia dictating what councils, governments and sporting bodies do these days, challenging the legislation would be a long, expensive battle with little guarantee of a positive result. On top of the Sport and Rec regs we have local council, EPA and who knows how many other bureaucracies to deal with. You can't look at Aussie problems with a Kiwi perspective unfortunately mate. 
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2013, 12:39:51 pm »
So 98 % of  riders dont need to be in MA to do club and vmx riding.You can still run an australian vmx title
Say you have a body called say "Clubmans club",they have insurance for affiliated clubs,you then run the "clubmans club" australian vmx champs.

a letter/email to Minister of (legal shit")??  in the cabinet would sort out rights.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 12:44:00 pm by bazza »
Embrace patina

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2013, 12:55:18 pm »
So 98 % of  riders dont need to be in MA to do club and vmx riding.You can still run an australian vmx title
Say you have a body called say "Clubmans club",they have insurance for affiliated clubs,you then run the "clubmans club" australian vmx champs.
The very first VMX Nats at Dargle in '92 which you came over for was run as a "Big Club Day" and the guys who won classes that day are still regarded at ther legitimate Aussie champs even though they're not on the MA listings. Today however, whenever this come up we get a large percentage of racers who indicate they wouldn't support a non MA or even a "big club day" format because the winners wouldn't have official MA status. I know what you're saying and agree with you but for what you propose to work you have to get the racing fraternity into a whole new mindset. I'm not saying it can't be done, I'm just not sure that's achievable after the failure of our 2000 proposal.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2013, 12:57:20 pm by firko »

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2013, 01:49:25 pm »
Australian Sidecarcross Assoc (ASA) have run their own titles for years and do so after winning a case against MA on the grounds of "restriction of trade"
Hence they don't give a fig about coming to Qld to win a MQ sanctioned "title"

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2013, 02:09:57 pm »
MA don't have a monopoly.
http://australianautosportalliance.com/#

It's our own conservatism that keeps us huddled under the MA umbrella. We bitch and moan anout MA, but we don't even take a proper look at the alternative...

AASA have taken big bites out of the 4-wheeled motorsport insurance provider market. It took a while for people to overcome their fear of the unknown (despite the appalling way CAMS treated its members - much worse than MA treats us), but two years ago, half of the circuit racing permits in NSW were not CAMS permits. Rallying would be over half non-CAMS now.

All the old stuff about "black" events is long dead.
It suits MA for everyone to persist with the idea of sanctions against riders, but they would never dream of trying the old tricks.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2013, 03:09:38 pm »
I think this forum is great, but some of you guys must be kidding yourselves, do you really think there is enough riders here to form any real judgment regarding MA and how we need to break away, for what gain, I think all your doing is under-minding the sport as we know it, for your own jollies.

we don't need a lawyer, we need brain surgeons for you lot.

Cheers Worms

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2013, 03:10:15 pm »
It would be really good if someone from MA could explain to me just exactly what I get for my (now) $55 one day licence fee >:(.  The $50 ride fee I can understand as I can see (and actually ride on) what I am paying for.
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2013, 04:06:19 pm »
Don't worry guys, MA and the associated states are shitting themselves....or they should be.
Here in Qld, we have had a gig going on with the country school P&Cs putting on rides out back a bit. Usually 200ks away or more.
These rides are 1 and 2 dayers around some farm paddocks....sort of enduro meets hare and hound. No racing (sic) and just have a blast with your mates. Follow the arrows, watch out for cautions etc...etc... except sometimes they get over 1500 riders of all ages, sizes, shapes, and ditto for the bikes BTW.
Now, MQ would get an event fee plus lots of one-day licences...I mean lots!! The club would make some dollars and pass it on to the P&C and the P&C would also sell a zillion burgers and drinks....ahhh, good times for all.
A good money spinner eh???
'Cept MQ got greedy and the P&Cs got jack of that and looked for an ulternative....and found one!! So no more easy bucks for MQ/MA and they P&Cs are making better money, charging less.
Until...a local polly complains that the landowner is now using his land for ill gotten gains and the P&C should declare all these funds and be taken off the local school assistance list etc...etc....
And so the world turns...FFS!!!

oldfart

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2013, 04:56:57 pm »
And who do you think dobbed them in.