Author Topic: Cookardinia Vinduro 2013. Entries now open.  (Read 15453 times)

Offline b490

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Cookardinia Vinduro 2013. Entries now open.
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2013, 06:29:58 pm »
   Last years loop was great .
   Bit of everything   plenty of interesting  fast flowing riding (great on a big bore ;D)  ,& some technical (but none too hard) sections in the mix  as well.
 A good ride to get to,  if you can .

Regards,
               Steve   

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2013, 07:39:28 pm »
   Last years loop was great .
   Bit of everything   plenty of interesting  fast flowing riding (great on a big bore ;D)  ,& some technical (but none too hard) sections in the mix  as well.
 A good ride to get to,  if you can .

Regards,
               Steve   

Thanks Steve, hope you, Guilly and Mick can make it down.
Let's face it some dirt bikes were never meant to be ridden.

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2013, 07:36:54 am »
Pity my 16 year old son can't ride, he is itching to get amongst it. I thought it was 16 to ride or has it been changed. It would be better if more of the family could be involved, son or daughters. Was thinking about getting him a vinduro bike, but looks like it would be a waste of time. He is a mad keen enduro rider and the vinduro tracks are no problem. No chance of a change to the rules? After all, younger kids can ride social at MX tracks. You want to get as many young people into it, they wont come and watch.
Just putting it out there.

Brent I have checked the ruling with the club and your son is eligible to ride as a senior with parental consent, so get your entry forms in.
Cheers Brooksie.

Offline Ando

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2013, 06:47:08 am »
A 16yo can ride seniors but once they choose to ride senior they can not go back to Juniors

A Juniors race age is set at 1 Jan each year so if a rider is 15yo on 1 Jan they can race all year as a junior. If that rider turns 16yo on 10 Jan they can choose to become a senior but once they ride as a senior they can not return to the juniors. Does that make sense?

Are you going to this Montynut?

Offline Ekka

• Legend
  • Go hard or go home
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2013, 09:11:34 am »
What about you Ando you going to go I well be chewing at the bit the time this event comes around

Offline Ando

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2013, 07:07:37 pm »
Ekka, I would luv to go mate! But I have to be in Carins as I'm the god father at a christening  :-\

Offline b490

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2013, 04:59:59 pm »
 A pic from last year.
   Hope to get down to this years ' event  (might even  get to use 6th  on the XC500 )
 Regards ,
                Steve     

« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 05:13:39 pm by b490 »

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2013, 06:24:22 pm »
ya takin the husky??? im keen to float up from Bendigo for this one. got an old enduro rider mate who is keen to get back into it but he is well out of shape and needs an open ride so this looks a bit open and should do him ok without busting his gut...

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2013, 06:55:33 pm »
Hurry up and get your entry in John only 27 sleeps to go.

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2013, 03:42:36 pm »
As it stands we have 31 entries, which is awesome. There are still a few I know of who are yet to enter, hurry up boys.

Jock and I are heading down to Cookardinia next weekend to set up and mark out the loop. Should have a few pics to wet your appetites :P

Offline b490

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2013, 09:19:28 pm »
ya takin the husky??? im keen to float up from Bendigo for this one. got an old enduro rider mate who is keen to get back into it but he is well out of shape and needs an open ride so this looks a bit open and should do him ok without busting his gut...

Very keen to ride the  Husky at this event  , as last years loop had some really nice sections well suited  for   big bore machines .  :D
    The fellas laid out a nice flowing loop last year , that suited  all  levels / abilities , yet still interesting enough for  more experienced riders.

Good effort , I thought . 

Regards ,
                    Steve
« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 09:33:28 pm by b490 »

Offline oz555ktm

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2013, 11:39:59 pm »

Hay Guys with that many entery so far out from the event .
    Many of the slow to entry Guys may miss out on this Top event ....

If thay dont GET there ENTERY IN NOW ...   thay May miss out ???
And Please forgive me as I cant Spell for Shit ...
And I have very Bad Gramer ...too I been told ......

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2013, 12:13:35 am »
Early bird entries have now officially closed. The order for the T-shirts has been placed. Any further entries received will be refunded the T-shirt cost if you have the old entry form. The entry form has been updated.

PLEASE KEEP IN MIND THAT ALL ENTRIES MUST BE IN BY FRIDAY 18th OCTOBER 2013 AS WE NEED TO ORDER ENOUGH LICENCES.

Regards
Adam Brooks.

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2013, 10:38:05 pm »
Just got in from a long day down at Cookardinia with a 2am start, but I'm happy to say we laid out a brilliant course. A big thankyou to Ben Jones, Mark Jones and Jock Davidson for your hard work putting up arrows, moving logs and collecting firewood. This new track is a mix of the 1st and 2nd Cookardinia events and is run in reverse. There are more technical sections and a really fast down hill section to finish the lap.
  I was amazed after doing a lap of the track of actually how much of the property I hadn't seen. Once again I need to thank Murray Jones for the use of his property and all his help, Cheers Muzz.

<SNIP>
I appreciate the tensions in the background, but please remember the rules for this forum. Personal attacks/sledging will, if I note them, be snipped. I accept I sometimes miss such things, but where I do see them I will remove them. I would rather you either sort it out in person, or simply leave it be as far as this forum is concerned.  Now, please remember that I am simoply managing the forum as I see fit, I have no beef with any of the people in this matter.
Thanks. - Graeme M
</SNIP>
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 08:50:08 pm by Graeme M »

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2013, 10:56:14 pm »
Adam
         I am sorry but I cannot make it to your event. If you hold it 4 weeks later I will be there with bells on.

Don't worry about dickheads that talk shit. Theres plenty of them. You are doing a good thing promoting old bikes. The IT will be at future events ( I'm like Dennis, these things are more fun )

Have a fat time, will talk later
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B