Author Topic: Cookardinia Vinduro 2013. Entries now open.  (Read 15445 times)

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Cookardinia Vinduro 2013. Entries now open.
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2013, 11:06:39 pm »
No worries Ted, there's always next year but'll I'll try to catch up with ya somewhere along the lines.
  Thanks for your suggestions for the event. The idea of catering was a good one, so that's what we're doing. It's good to get positive feedback on ways to run and make the event better.

Cheers Brooksie.
Let's face it some dirt bikes were never meant to be ridden.

Wollongongwolf

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2013, 01:38:37 pm »
Hey Brooksie, I have discovered that I am working that weekend. Am going to try and swap the Sunday with someone else. If I do go, will do the trip down and up in a day. As I am not 100 percent on making it, can I register on the day? If so, what time does the riding start, as I don't want to miss a single minute and what time do we stop?
Love to bring the young bloke, not found him a bike yet and he now has a part time job, so may get him at the next one.
So any info would be great.

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2013, 05:32:52 pm »
Brent, we prefer pre entry but generally there are a few licences spare. I will keep one spare. Riding will start approx 9am pending arrival of St Johns ambo's and the event will finish up around 3pm.
  Hope you can make it down.

Wollongongwolf

« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2013, 09:06:47 am »
Ok thanks, don't keep one for me, I will let you know if I am coming at least a few days before and then you can save me one and will fix you up when I get there if that's ok? Did some work on the bike yesterday, so I reckon at the moment 90 percent I will be there.

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 15, 2013, 09:05:10 pm »
im out for this one :( bummer) was looking forward to it but the stars have aligned wrongly (like a  cambelt that's out 1 tooth) and I will be working... enjoy

Offline Ekka

• Legend
  • Go hard or go home
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2013, 08:53:33 pm »
entry in the mail Adam ive been holding off on sending it due to injury but good to go cheers ekka

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 18, 2013, 08:04:42 am »
Hi everyone.

PRE-ENTRIES TO THE 2013 COOKARDINIA VINDURO HAVE NOW OFFICIALLY CLOSED! PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANYMORE ENTRIES OR PAYMENT AS THEY WON'T BE ACCEPTED.
If you would like to enter on the day you must contact me to reserve a licence: [email protected]

MA licence holders are welcome to enter on the day.

Please note that the catering of food for the event has closed.

I would like to thank each and everyone of you that put in an entry and got on board to support the event. At final count I have received 60 entries, which is a massive effort by all and a huge increase on last years event. This years event is set to be the best yet with the track design the best so far. I will be posting some details with the directions to the property, so stay tuned.
   Once again a big thankyou on behalf of Jock and myself for supporting and making this event happen.

Cheers Adam Brooks.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2013, 08:53:06 am by Maicoman »

Offline b490

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 19, 2013, 10:09:02 pm »
 60 entrants for this event .  About  double the number on last years event , I believe .  Excellent .
  Good weekend of relaxed  riding. 
    Vinduro events in NSW  will become more popular in 2014 (my prediction).

Looking forward to this ride ....... Good big-bore territory  at Cookardinia .
  We will be bringing  Husky XC500 , IT465 & XR500 ;D

Regards ,
                  Steve

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2013, 10:23:46 pm »
Yeah, nearly double Steve. About 40 last year and in the last day a couple more entries + stragglers on the day we might get close to 70.
  This is going to be the one that people will remember. Talking to Murray today the loop is actually closer to 15kms. The thing that makes the event is the property.
   It's all about location, location, location.
         Can't wait until next weekend :)

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 19, 2013, 10:50:20 pm »
Congrats Adam. 70 is a great number. I reckon if it wasn't for Canowindra this weekend and the Qld Nats the weekend after next you would of got over 100.

See ya at next years one.
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 20, 2013, 12:31:41 am »
Cheers Ted, you maybe right about those numbers. The positive thing is we have received alot of new entrants which is good to see and some entrants returning from the first Cookardinia. Either way I hope people walk away having had a great weekend and spread the word for the next one.

Two points to clear up. Entry on the day is available provided you email me if you require a 1 day licence. We have a limited amount of licences and I would hate to run out and be turning people away on the day because they didn't reserve a licence.

Please email me at [email protected]

Once again if you have a MA licence you are free to turn up and pay your entry on the day.

The second matter is: Some of you may or may not know that Holbrook has now been bypassed with the final section of the Hume Hwy completed. Unfortunitely Google maps has not updated this new section.

So If you're heading South from Sydney, Canberra etc. as you approach the bypass veer left at the first Holbrook exit. As you exit go straight towards the T-section and turn right onto the Wagga Hwy which crosses over the Hume Hwy. Continue this way past a small airport on your left for about 20kms and you will see Bahrs Road on your left. Turn here and follow the Vinduro signs to the property.

If you are heading North from Victoria take the second Holbrook exit and continue left onto the Wagga Hwy.

If you require fuel or a stop at the best pie shop around by all means you can exit into Holbrook. As you leave Holbrook the main road north out of town is the Wagga Hwy so stay on this road.

Offline VINDURO

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
    • VINDURO
« Reply #41 on: October 21, 2013, 07:33:58 pm »
This just in from the t-shirt printer...

Wollongongwolf

« Reply #42 on: October 22, 2013, 06:57:05 pm »
So official, no more licences left? Sorry due to circumstances with work, I would not know until Friday or Saturday if I could of come. Had the bike ready on short notice. Sorry Brooksie and crew I could not give better notice and send an entry. Still appreciate your efforts, so have fun, hope I can get to the next one. If anyone can't go and I can take another persons licence at short notice (if that's possible) still would like to go if I can get there.
If there is any interest in arranging a ride in Nowra next year and I can get a few helper to set out a course, contact me.
Will put a post out later if any interest. After all, we had around 30 riders last time for a casual ride, would like to do it again. Still believe we need something close to Sydney, South Coast and Canberra to get more interest.

Wollongongwolf

« Reply #43 on: October 22, 2013, 07:02:27 pm »
Oops, must of posted that while typing my last post. Due to bush fires, still not sure if I can get a day off from work with leave or swap shifts. Again, will send an email to let you know if I can come. If all licences have gone before I do, I am sure you will post here.
Thanks all

Offline Maicoman

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2013, 08:00:45 am »
Brent, there are still licences available thus far. Send me a text on Friday as I'll be down on the property and I will confirm a definate for you.

Cheers Brooksie.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 11:33:08 pm by Maicoman »