Author Topic: What bikes are eligible for what classes  (Read 68727 times)

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: What bikes are eligible for what classes
« Reply #270 on: August 20, 2013, 10:21:59 pm »
here is a good questions why do moms rules change from year to year.like reviewed
2011 book lists all parts that can be used in pre65
2013 not there anymore.what you cant use them now??????
so if you start collecting stuff for your pre65 in 2011 its not finished yet mine isnt
can you use the same parts now
jim

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 20, 2013, 10:22:20 pm »
19 pages omg

albrid-3

« Reply #272 on: August 21, 2013, 07:53:25 am »
If your not switch on by now about bike eligibility you will never been, you may as well give up thinking about VMX and go fishing.

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 21, 2013, 09:40:33 am »
Congratulations enzo906 nineteen pages and counting, that must be a record for a first time post.
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Montynut

« Reply #274 on: August 21, 2013, 11:26:19 am »
Funny thing is, despite eighteen pages and plenty of different marksmen stepping up, nobody's managed to land a shot on it yet. The sense of frustration is clear - all the shots at me and the dredging up irrelevancies show this (google "cognitive dissonance" for one part of it).
What a crock of pompous shit Nathan. You honestly believe that you're on another intelligence level from us don't you? People have been throwing common sense at you from the beginning but because of your inbuilt inability to accept anyone else's arguments you've dismissed it all as "cognitive dissonance" or irrelevancies . I think that only person suffering that disorder on here is you. You're making a total twat of yourself but you can't see it through the narcissistic haze ..............Faaaarrrk.

Here here

The thing is Nathan the forum persona and Nathan the person are completely different people. That is the danger of a Forum I guess and also the biggest thing against things like Facebook and all the other social media crap.

Nathan to be an OEM surely you need to have some form of manufacturing basis and actually sell bikes not just build a 'special' and call it whatever. Once you try to sell your creation you need to meet all requirements of a company/business and KTM may just have some input on the matter. Remember bikes like the WMW bikes from wyong a massive commitment for the shop. It is not about changing a couple of things and calling it a new name. I would think the intent of the rules could easily be used to over rule your position on your modified KTM if it ended up in court.

I  will not debate it with you as I have learnt often enough not to augue with you as it is like having the vomits and diarrhea. You have two overwelming needs and desires but they totally conflict. As in do I sit on the crapper (put forward logical debate with Nathan and encourage him for 19 pages) or put my head in the crapper (try to ignore Nathan and then see 19 pages of circular rubbish).

All of this has absolutely positively no impact or affect on the rules it is just clutter.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 11:28:25 am by Montynut »

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 21, 2013, 12:31:21 pm »
I agree with Montynut.

Also if anyone has any doubt over the term OEM it is defined on page 42 of MOMs 1.1.0.22. So any bike that is manufactured from an existing bike is not eligible.

Is someone going to make a bike from scratch? I don't think so. Anyway the Father of the Evo class doesn't think so.

Kevin

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 21, 2013, 12:57:58 pm »
I agree with Montynut.

Also if anyone has any doubt over the term OEM it is defined on page 42 of MOMs 1.1.0.22. So any bike that is manufactured from an existing bike is not eligible.

Is someone going to make a bike from scratch? I don't think so. Anyway the Father of the Evo class doesn't think so.

Kevin

Page 41,
1.1.0.22: "OEM" means Original Equipment Manufacturer.

That's all of it!  ::)
There's a long history of "backyard" bikes that are made around other companies' equipment - an early GasGas is a KX-copy frame with a TM motor in it, and aftermarket forks & shock (etc).
Nobody says "GasGas is not the OEM"...
The SexMax would be very much in the same vein. If it made any difference, then I'd be happy to start fitting Beta motors to it, but the retail price has to go up to $39,990....
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 01:00:29 pm by Nathan S »
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 21, 2013, 01:01:03 pm »
If it makes it clearer and stops the irrelevant discussion about commercial legalities, let's pretend someone built a new-design Evo bike, using top spec-2013 technology - and air/drums/PDS.
With reference to the 2013 MoMS, tell me how it isn't Evo legal?
It's not out of the question that someone will do this: you can buy 2013 built copies of 1981 Maicos, and they're not a bargain basement option.

Currently, Evo is NOT a historic class. It's open to bikes - and components- designed and/or made from 1885 to 2013.

To repeat myself for the 7,329th time: We agree on the basic intent. There's some disagreement on the details. The rules as written do not support even the broad intent. I believe that should be fixed.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 01:03:19 pm by Nathan S »
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 21, 2013, 01:09:37 pm »
I agree with Montynut.

Kevin

Page 41,
1.1.0.22: "OEM" means Original Equipment Manufacturer.

That's all of it!  ::)
There's a long history of "backyard" bikes that are made around other companies' equipment - an early GasGas is a KX-copy frame with a TM motor in it, and aftermarket forks & shock (etc).
Nobody says "GasGas is not the OEM"...
The SexMax would be very much in the same vein.

No it wouldn't. Those companies would have an agreement with the company they get the parts from and would get them direct from that manufacturer. They wouldn't buy the whole bike off a showroom floor.

The agreement would give them the right to call the bike theirs.

The same as Kawasaki and Suzuki had an agreement that had each of them re-badgeing different bikes as each others DRZ 400, KLX 400, KX65, RM65 etc.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 21, 2013, 01:14:47 pm »
While I disagree on the commercial stuff, its utterly irrelevant to what's in the MOMS, and what can be enforced at an event.

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 21, 2013, 01:17:15 pm »
To repeat myself for the 7,329th time: We agree on the basic intent. There's some disagreement on the details. The rules as written do not support even the broad intent. I believe that should be fixed.

Can you fit that many posts into 19 pages?

If you believe that should be fixed, well f$#@ing fix it!!!!!!!!!!

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 21, 2013, 01:20:18 pm »
Kev, save your brain cells for echo valley in 2 weeks

IT400C

« Reply #282 on: August 21, 2013, 01:29:46 pm »
If it makes it clearer and stops the irrelevant discussion about commercial legalities, let's pretend someone built a new-design Evo bike, using top spec-2013 technology - and air/drums/PDS.
It's not out of the question that someone will do this: you can buy 2013 built copies of 1981 Maicos, and they're not a bargain basement option.

Currently, Evo is NOT a historic class. It's open to bikes - and components- designed and/or made from 1885 to 2013.

Delusional.....

(Google it Nathan)

Offline topari

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 21, 2013, 01:46:33 pm »

Interesting. I saw sometimes ago a 67 or something CZ 250 which had brand new gold billet hubs which were exact copies of the originals, new forks tubes and many other items which were reproduced using todays tools. It looked like a 68 CZ but re made using todays technology.
topari

1979 IT400F, 1984 kdx200

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 21, 2013, 01:52:05 pm »
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236