Author Topic: What bikes are eligible for what classes  (Read 68719 times)

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: What bikes are eligible for what classes
« Reply #255 on: August 20, 2013, 12:27:44 pm »
Ok no worries. Can someone point out to me who Nathan S is, at the next event we might both be at. Then I can join the list of riders who want to help him see what is on the other side of the berm.

Kevin
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Simo63

« Reply #256 on: August 20, 2013, 01:07:44 pm »
Who has the power to lock this thread???? Please do so!!!!!!!!!!!!  Do I have a seconder for this emotion?
As much as this thread is becoming a tiresome expose into Nathans steadfast and obssesive need to be right all the time...being boring isn't proper grounds to shut down a thread. That reeks of a tad too much Big Brother.
I say keep it going, if you don't like it don't look at it (as I've been told numerous times during my anti politics stance). The only thing being hurt here is Nathans credibility.

What?? And miss this sort of GOLD

Is it just me or has the forum traffic been quieter since these eligibilty/class thread have been running??  Just my humble opinion of course but I think we're killing the fun. 

But alas Mark, you are completely correct.  If you don't like it stop looking.  It's a simple concept but you know whilst I'm not wading into the debate I'm slightly concerned about the end result, what it will do to the bikes we own and ride now and what it might do to the future of the class.   Like eveyeone else, I'm hoping it will all be for the benefit (why else would you put yourself through all this) but I've got to say I'm not convinced just yet.

So back to my corner .. now where's my popcorn :)

EDIT - 18 Pages .. woohoo is that a record??
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 01:14:36 pm by Simo63 »

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 20, 2013, 01:20:15 pm »
No, 18 only equals the record. 19 would be a record. So everyone stop responding.

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 20, 2013, 01:25:50 pm »
Don't let them get to you Nathan, your doing a fine job, just keep it on track. ;D
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 20, 2013, 01:39:07 pm »
This has been building for at least six years. The absolute insanity of doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result has finally gotten to me - both in terms of the endless debates about eligibility and my own part in them.

The SexMax is used to demonstrate that the Evo rules (despite the brilliance of their intent) actually fail to define the class the way we want it defined.
The SexMax was put up as a big, juicy target - something so offensive that everyone would want to shoot down.
Funny thing is, despite eighteen pages and plenty of different marksmen stepping up, nobody's managed to land a shot on it yet. The sense of frustration is clear - all the shots at me and the dredging up irrelevancies show this (google "cognitive dissonance" for one part of it).

So, finally, we're at the point where people are entertaining the idea that maybe the rules could be improved...

And what makes anyone think that I haven't put any work into the re-write?  ::) imagine how much further along I'd be if I wasn't responding to nonsense about homologation on here... :)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 01:42:09 pm by Nathan S »
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 20, 2013, 01:52:46 pm »
Ok no worries. Can someone point out to me who Nathan S is, at the next event we might both be at. Then I can join the list of riders who want to help him see what is on the other side of the berm.

Kevin

That’s not really necessary, Nathan’s an alright bloke with good intentions for the sport and he can take a lot of shit in his stride. It’s just that most of us don’t see the Sexmax scenario as a threat. I guess if it ever happens he can start telling us “I told you so”

Most of us are aware that some of the wording in MoMs needs tweaking but the rules as they are enforced for Nats. are fine.
Changing a few words in the rules like OEM etc.to clarify them will stand a better chance of being excepted for change than changing the whole paragraph.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

IT400C

« Reply #261 on: August 20, 2013, 02:24:35 pm »
The SexMax is used to demonstrate that the Evo rules (despite the brilliance of their intent) actually fail to define the class the way we want it defined.
The SexMax was put up as a big, juicy target - something so offensive that everyone would want to shoot down.
Funny thing is, despite eighteen pages and plenty of different marksmen stepping up, nobody's managed to land a shot on it yet. The sense of frustration is clear - all the shots at me and the dredging up irrelevancies show this (google "cognitive dissonance" for one part of it).

Bwaaahaaaaahaaaaaa!!!!!   OMG!  You actually believe that don't you!  :o   Nathan, I wish you all the best, and I hope your new medication kicks in soon.   

Panet Earth is a wonderful place, as I'm sure you'll notice if you ever diegn to visit!     ::)

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 20, 2013, 06:01:44 pm »
Nonsense, on so many levels that I can't even believe you said it.

It's irrelevant anyhow - if it makes you happier, imagine I employed GMC to build me a new frame, got brand new closed chamber forks and shock directly from Showa/Kayaba/WP/Marzocchi. New plastics from UFO. New PWK from Keihin. Etc. Making it a thoroughly modern 2013 Evo bike all the way.

The KTM-based example was used to demonstrate how it would be easily possible, and isn't purely out in the realm of hypothetical.
In theory that would be eligible, but you wouldn't get far...it doesn't have a motor. It's already done by maico only, except for maybe the forks.
The sex max isn't eligible if you remember you "manufactured" it from a 2013 ktm 300 exc which is a non compliant oem bike.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 20, 2013, 06:07:54 pm »
What a crock of pompous shit Nathan. You honestly believe that you're on another intelligence level from us don't you? People have been throwing common sense at you from the beginning but because of your inbuilt inability to accept anyone else's arguments you've dismissed it all as "cognitive dissonance" or irrelevancies . I think that only person suffering that disorder on here is you. You're making a total twat of yourself but you can't see it through the narcissistic haze ..............Faaaarrrk.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 20, 2013, 06:26:07 pm »
The whole point is that I want to make the rules better, for the good of the sport.

There's no obligation for the rewrite to be adopted. If its not a clear improvement, then I wouldn't want to see them adopted.
It's an opportunity to fix some actual problems and a truck load of potential problems.

So where's the bad point? Why the hysteria?
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline oz555ktm

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 20, 2013, 08:46:10 pm »

wow Go a way for 4 days and Shit

This is a Rule I have Used a Few Times

Please Read

12.1.0.3 in th Moms   It has been in very Moms Over the larst 15 years   

And Please forgive me as I cant Spell for Shit ...
And I have very Bad Gramer ...too I been told ......

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 20, 2013, 09:00:46 pm »
12.1.0.3 Everything that is not authorised and
prescribed in this chapter, or in the
discipline specific chapters, is strictly
prohibited.

Good god.
Using what's written, tell me how non-original tyres are allowed?
Etc x1000000
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 09:02:20 pm by Nathan S »

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 20, 2013, 09:01:26 pm »
Ohoh... red flag to a bull time...

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 20, 2013, 10:04:48 pm »
OK Nathan I'll help you get nineteen pages.

If you know how to change the rules please do so. Also don't tell us what you are going to put forward, just send it to MA. An individual can put a rule change forward, it doesn't have to come from a club or an SCB. Check out pages 40 and 41 of your MOMs.

I'll also send in a rule amendment. I bet my suggestion will get up before yours does. Also it won't go to the Commission before April or May next year for inclusion in the 2015 MOMs.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 20, 2013, 10:15:16 pm »
The whole point is that I want to make the rules better, for the good of the sport.

There's no obligation for the rewrite to be adopted. If its not a clear improvement, then I wouldn't want to see them adopted.
It's an opportunity to fix some actual problems and a truck load of potential problems.

So where's the bad point? Why the hysteria?

Seventeen pages down to seven.