Author Topic: What bikes are eligible for what classes  (Read 68780 times)

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
Re: What bikes are eligible for what classes
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2013, 07:33:32 pm »
Yawn....

Tim, stay awake mate, don't let the sleeper hold get you. ;D

I wish Jeffy would come back....Nathan needs a real hard arse competitor, GMC is too soft....living in the hillbillies holiday home has turned him from a hard arse Kawasaki rider to a soft cock canned ham wobbler.

Tag, your it.

Seriously though, how does any of this lawyer inspired dribble help enzo understand the rules?
Remember Enzo? He had the original simple question!!
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Ted

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 14, 2013, 07:53:14 pm »
Ted, Nathan suggested machining the water jacket off a water cooled bike and then fitting drum brakes both of which render the bike outside EVO under rule 18.5.6.2 & 3.

I am not commenting further ::)

I only said that to get a response from you, it worked....hehe

See ya at Buladelah. Hopefully with a running RM....now where is that spring?
81 YZ 465 H   77 RM 125 B

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 14, 2013, 07:58:29 pm »
Yawn....

Tim, stay awake mate, don't let the sleeper hold get you. ;D

I wish Jeffy would come back....Nathan needs a real hard arse competitor, GMC is too soft....living in the hillbillies holiday home has turned him from a hard arse Kawasaki rider to a soft cock canned ham wobbler.

Tag, your it.

Seriously though, how does any of this lawyer inspired dribble help enzo understand the rules?
Remember Enzo? He had the original simple question!!

Hey, I started with my simple statement that "there's no age restriction on Evo", and it's taken this long to convince you.
But it's all my fault, of course.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Bamford#69

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 14, 2013, 08:28:50 pm »
Hi,
Make sure you check the suspension travel on your Yamaha YZ  D model
remember pre 78 rules allow up to 9 inch suspension travel
cheers

Simo63

« Reply #49 on: August 14, 2013, 09:18:18 pm »
this has been done before and raced at national level
turning a late it yamaha into a twin shock raced in evo
nathan is always over the top but mods like turning a linkage bike into twin shock has been done and passed at national level
and if we had log books like road racing it would be an evo bike forever
jim

Has it?  That is interesting.  When did that happen? 

I only ask because I have a 1983 KDX250 that has been converted to twin shock using a KLX swing arm and shockers.  Awesome bike to ride and apart from those mods and the fact is has KX250A5 plastics, the bike is stock as a rock drum brake, air cooled 1983 KDX250.

Are you saying that I can legitimately race this bike at national level in the EVO class and not Pre 85??  Surely that is not correct?

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 14, 2013, 09:27:27 pm »
Enter it as a 2013 Simo 250 and you're sweet. You'll have a fight, but you'll win.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 14, 2013, 09:31:57 pm »
What a load of crap. Even a hint of the word evo and you get on your 'change the evo rules' bullshit. Instead of ranting on here, YOU submit something. Stop pedalling it to all us common sense types on here that can read rules and know how they are to be interpreted.  A bloke asks a few decent questions and gets bombarded with this absolute garbage. A modified 2013 ktm in evo is ridiculous at best.
FMD.

Simo63

« Reply #52 on: August 14, 2013, 09:39:47 pm »
What a load of crap. Even a hint of the word evo and you get on your 'change the evo rules' bullshit. Instead of ranting on here, YOU submit something. Stop pedalling it to all us common sense types on here that can read rules and know how they are to be interpreted.  A bloke asks a few decent questions and gets bombarded with this absolute garbage. A modified 2013 ktm in evo is ridiculous at best.
FMD.

I thought that Maico of yours looked too bloody new Brad .. it's a 2013 model isn't it??  Come on .. come clean  ;D

And just for the record, I would never in my wildest dreams enter that KDX in any class other than Pre 85.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2013, 09:48:24 pm »
I can't believe that people still bother to argue the toss with Nathan over his wacky interpretations of the rulebook. We've all heard this bullshit before but some of you bother to come back for a second go......It's crazy, Nathan's never been wrong in the six or seven years I've been reading his posts so why would any of you mere mortals think you can prove him wrong this time around?
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2013, 10:12:08 pm »
Yep. When you can't find fault in the argument, it must be time to take shots at Nathan.

:)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2013, 10:13:44 pm »
Yep. When you can't find fault in the argument, it must be time to take shots at Nathan.
Yep, That must be it. :'(
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 14, 2013, 10:20:05 pm »
The problem with pretty much all rules (and legislation for that matter)... It's why we have lawyers.

The intent and spirit of the rules for Post Classic MX are quite clear, but of course anyone willing to try hard enough can always find a way around that. You only have to look at the history of bending the rules in things like Superbike racing to see that.

Nathan is quite right - the wording of the current rules does not prevent someone doing as he says. However, I think you might only last one race meeting before rule 12.2.3 could be invoked. Perhaps Chapter 18 could do with a year cutoff proviso that suggests all machines competing in Classic and Post Classic competition be manufactured before 1 January 1990...

TM BILL

« Reply #57 on: August 14, 2013, 10:27:41 pm »
I gotta hand it to Nathan , take away the common sense and emotion and as i read it he is correct  :)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 14, 2013, 10:43:20 pm »
Thanks to those that have had an open-enough mind to not react defensively. We're never going to get anywhere if we keep pretending there's no issues with the rules. My hypothetical is extreme - nobody wants to see thoroughly modern bikes in Evo - but was intended to point out a problem that relates directly to the real-world dramas we have...
But hey, it's easier to bury our head in the sand, call Nathan names and let those problems continue.

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 14, 2013, 10:49:27 pm »
The only way for Nathan's theory to be accepted by his peers, is for him to build the "tex-mex" and present for scrutineering (entered in the evo class) at a number of different VMX events across the country, then present his findings (getting past the guy in a flano shirt with a screw driver in his hand) preferably at CD? next year.
If you are accepted into the evo class at 97% of events (min 10 events) we will be forced to accept your theory, if Nathan can't reach those figures he will be forced to ride the "tex-mex" around the track at CD? in a mankini, with a dunce hat on while everyone pelts him with eggs.....
Sounds like a plan, over to you Nathan.