Author Topic: QVMX Maxima Racing Oils Conondale Classic 2013 - ENTER NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 45215 times)

Offline DR500

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Finally got my act together and entered. Should be a good one. Now all I got to do is find my Rod Stewart outfit !!

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
lets look at the entries and throw them all together then, 10 year members could be a start?

cheers worms
Holy crap! I started in '07. It's been nearly ten years for me. Missed it by a year.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
lets look at the entries and throw them all together then, 10 year members could be a start?

cheers worms
Holy crap! I started in '07. It's been nearly ten years for me. Missed it by a year.
How did you go at maths? 07 to 13 is only 6 years.. But it probably feels like 9 with all the bikes you've built!

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
I didn't want to point out how old you really are, :D Johnnny boy.

Gee thanks Trev.. you're all heart :)

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile

cheers worms
How did you go at maths? 07 to 13 is only 6 years.. But it probably feels like 9 with all the bikes you've built!
:D FMD. I'm a dick. I don't feel so old now...

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
I'm A 1997er.....Brad, your just a pup....you get less for murder!!!.....you where probably still a virgin when I started.. ;D LOL.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
Dear John. being a heartless worm is something I aspire to.

so Davey is it a goer?

Worms don't have hearts anyway.

Offline euro bikes

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Maybe it should be who rode at Smiths Rd and Verisdale(spelling) instead.

Offline Robo 47

• C-Grade
  • Green bikes rule
    • View Profile
    • QVMX
Motorcycling Queensland, on behalf the CEO of Motorcycling Australia, has directed QVMX to change the Maxima Racing Oils Conondale Classic from a Closed to Club meeting to an Open Meeting.

We have worked with MQ closely over the last couple of days and have now updated the supp regs, which will be available on www.nominate.com.au and on our website www.qvmx.com.au tomorrow.

The main difference is that participants in the race events now need either an annual full national licence, or an event licence at $77.
Participants in the Come and Try ride sessions will not be affected.

If you have already entered, and have an MA licence, we will be checking your details to ensure you are on the correct licence. If you are only on a national club licence, you will need to upgrade by contacting MQ. 
If you are already a holder of a full national licence, no action is required.

If you have already entered, and have paid $55 for an event licence, you will now need to pay $22 (on the day) to upgrade to a $77 licence.

If you plan to turn up and enter on the day, you will need to organise your $77 licence in advance through MQ, or ensure you already hold a full national licence.

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.  But it seems this wonderful event of QVMX has captured the attention of the CEO of Motorcycling Australia, David White.  Both David and Motorcycling Queensland General Manager, Lindsay Grainger have stated it is too big an event to be classed as a closed to club event from now on.

If you have any queries about this change please email Karen on [email protected].

Please do not turn this thread into a discussion debating this, instead I would appreciate any questions/concerns to be directed to Karen off line.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club

Simo63

Wow .. there is a shitload that needs to be said about this ridiculous last minute behaviour from MA and MQ but I will respect your request to not state the bleeding obvious Robo.

One question, and I suppose I know the answer already but would a phone call tomorrow to David White or Lindsay Granger to vent a few issues be out of line??
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 12:18:30 am by Simo63 »

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
Participants in the Come and Try ride sessions will not be affected.
I entered my dad in the procession type ride. Rather than assuming , does it include that 'class'?

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
I remember the first time I beat Vern Grayson at Verisdale, boy did he get cranky, Big Bill Nolan riding his pre 75 Huskies and met a guy that was to become a good mate when he knocked himself out riding his CR250 greenstripe. We had quite a few variations of tracks at Verisdale. Smithy's was another good track/tracks. Watched Dave Tanner cartwheel his 74RN400 warming it up, no helmut I think....went home with a bruised ego, a sore body and a slightly bent bike. Smithy's was the first VMX event I ever went too...got hooked on the bikes, the smell and the whole idea of it all. Old mate had a YZ250A racebike and a pretty much brand new one for show....wow, I had to be part of that.

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
yeah verrisdale and smiths rd good tracks
just turn up and ride for bugger all not like these days :o
follow me to first turn

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
Burt will be right Brad, Simo, please no phone calls...we'll tell you about over a beer at the meeting.

Offline euro bikes

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Yes the good old days ,the best days!!