Poll

Interested to see how many of us like to hoard bikes, runners or not, rollers only

One Bike
3 (2.6%)
One to Five Bikes
35 (30.7%)
Six to Ten Bikes
28 (24.6%)
Eleven to Twenty bikes
23 (20.2%)
Sick demented dood 20+ Bikes
22 (19.3%)
42+ as per our sick friend below
3 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Author Topic: Bike Hoarders/fetish  (Read 12004 times)

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: Bike Hoarders/fetish
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2008, 01:55:30 pm »
I do believe I hooked a Husky Fish.... :D ;) Collect whatever and enjoy !!!! just don't let them rot when you get pissed off like the unnamed person Firko comments on above ( Tis sad and a shitfull waste, I have been looking for a Bulty for awhile now.. :( . Love to ride solos and sidecars all types and sizes ;D, problem is my body is now somewhat fragile >:( .
 RIGHT here is my true feelings so please try to understand this,  To hoard is OK !!! but how about being far happier to share stuff you will not need as keeps like minded friends and out there with you having fun and relaxing too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

TM BILL

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2008, 02:28:44 pm »
One project 125 70% done, one parts bike, but the bug has bitten and now I'm looking for a pre 80 250 project, and possibly a pre 85 125.

My main criteria is whether they could be ridden in different classes on the one day to maximise my chance of falling off  ;D.

It's funny, I started off thinking that late 70's early 80's bikes were my preferred style/era of bike, but the more you're around the different makes and models the more you start to appreciate them. My ideal threesome (no jokes please) would be the '79 YZ125 I'm working on, a '79 RM250, and an '84 KX125. There are certain bikes that don't appeal to me, but they're across every brand.

One thing I will say, and I don't want to piss anyone off, is that if you do have 50 bikes, and limited funds to complete them, don't let the bloody things rot. Let someone else have a go, and have some fun with it. Having fixed up old cars, nothing is more frustrating than finding someone with a zillion projects slowly turning into rust and refusing to part with them because they're going to get around to them "one day"

How many do you want  :) ill take money order or Paypal  ;)

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 17, 2008, 02:53:27 pm »
I do believe you've got an RM370B with my name on it Bill  ;) ;D ;D ;D
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

mainline

« Reply #33 on: May 17, 2008, 04:19:46 pm »
TM Bill, can you fit a '79 Rm250 in a smallish box and send it over?

Doc

« Reply #34 on: May 17, 2008, 05:09:10 pm »
an' a TS90MX! I'll send a suitcase ;D

TM BILL

« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2008, 08:45:00 pm »
an' a TS90MX! I'll send a suitcase ;D
Chris mate its yours  :) all it will cost you is a ticket to NZ to check its what you want and postage back home  ;D

TM BILL

« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2008, 08:47:05 pm »
I do believe you've got an RM370B with my name on it Bill  ;) ;D ;D ;D
Tony  Mate wots your number ? so i can put it on for your NZ race bike  ;D

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2008, 08:55:28 pm »
Bill - I'm so new to this stuff I don't even have one yet  :-[ :-[

Maybe I should start a thread asking for suggestions  ::)
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline Colin Jay

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 19, 2008, 08:37:31 am »
I will have to show the wife this post! She thinks I have way too many bikes and keeps telling me to sell smost of them.

Over the past 2 years I have cut back from 53 bikes or remains there of to a managable 33.  Even having a 22 x 9 metre shed wasn't bike enough to fit the collection in and and have room to work on them.  Plus with the big 50 aproaching I came to the conclusion that I would never do anything with some of the dozen plus 1960's Honda dreans that were piled in the corner of the shed. Mind you I still kept 3 of the dreams.

CJ
Why do things the easy way, when with a bit of effort you can really make it difficult for yourself!!

Offline zorroz

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 19, 2008, 12:28:11 pm »
Why is it a problem to store a bike in a safe warm enviroment like this??!!

Offline Colin Jay

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2008, 01:08:45 pm »
If I did that, the bikes would not be the only thing living in the shed!!

CJ
Why do things the easy way, when with a bit of effort you can really make it difficult for yourself!!

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2008, 05:31:43 pm »
Guys there is no such thing as a VMX bike Hoarder.... they are the good guys, I call them;.. "The VMX Insurance Plan".... without them who knows what sort of riff ruff would be turning up at VMX meetings, running amuck, and dropping the value of our bikes. If it was that easy to find a bike and parts then where would we be, lost in a mountain of old dirtbikes and having to deal with average Joe Assholes. No, VMX isnt for everyone and thats the way it should stay. Only the good guys need apply, and if they are dedicated enough they will join the VMX family because obviously there liking of old bikes will prevail.

Long live the "VMX Insurance Plan"  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;)
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

Offline zorroz

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 20, 2008, 06:33:24 am »
Bit off topic I know but,
I can't believe that there aren't people getting into the more exotic stuff of the era. If I didn't have a shed full of M stuff I'd have one of those Itallion things tommorow. There must be heaps of stuff for 'em floating around in Europe. Just because they weren't popular here doesn't mean they weren't in other places. Go to an Evo event and it's a sea of yellow, white and red. At least the Kawa's are thin on the ground so you'll take your time to look at one. The rest.....YAWN! I love seeing 555's bike on the line at Viper meetings (EMS CZ thing). It's rare, exotic and fuggin' fast.
Surely with the money people pour into owning every model RM ever made, couldn't they put a bit into a lovely SWM or something similar, spend a bit of time actually doing a bit of home work looking for the bits and assembling said beast? You'll get a greater sense of achievment and pats on the back than owning something that looks little like what it started out as and more like something your sons probably riding!
I think if I see one more blinged up Red Devil, RM 400N or RM 400N I'm gunna rodger my own dog.......

Each to there own thats the beauty of vmx. I like suzuki you like maico if we all had the same bikes the world would be boring. If I could find an Italian bike I would own one in a heart beat. Know of any for sale??

mx250

« Reply #43 on: May 20, 2008, 07:31:21 am »
I'm gunna rodger my own dog.......
:o ::) :o

ROFL :D :D :D

Poor Clarance

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2008, 08:30:01 am »
i like the way you put it into words DJ,
got my nest egg happening in the shed right now actually...
on the fetish side of things, i love the exotica stuff but must admidt a real liking for converted trailbikes.
it was something i believe happened back in the day and still survives in healthy doses today.

"flat bickie"