Poll

Interested to see how many of us like to hoard bikes, runners or not, rollers only

One Bike
3 (2.6%)
One to Five Bikes
35 (30.7%)
Six to Ten Bikes
28 (24.6%)
Eleven to Twenty bikes
23 (20.2%)
Sick demented dood 20+ Bikes
22 (19.3%)
42+ as per our sick friend below
3 (2.6%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Author Topic: Bike Hoarders/fetish  (Read 11998 times)

mainline

Re: Bike Hoarders/fetish
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2008, 06:15:41 pm »
One project 125 70% done, one parts bike, but the bug has bitten and now I'm looking for a pre 80 250 project, and possibly a pre 85 125.

My main criteria is whether they could be ridden in different classes on the one day to maximise my chance of falling off  ;D.

It's funny, I started off thinking that late 70's early 80's bikes were my preferred style/era of bike, but the more you're around the different makes and models the more you start to appreciate them. My ideal threesome (no jokes please) would be the '79 YZ125 I'm working on, a '79 RM250, and an '84 KX125. There are certain bikes that don't appeal to me, but they're across every brand.

One thing I will say, and I don't want to piss anyone off, is that if you do have 50 bikes, and limited funds to complete them, don't let the bloody things rot. Let someone else have a go, and have some fun with it. Having fixed up old cars, nothing is more frustrating than finding someone with a zillion projects slowly turning into rust and refusing to part with them because they're going to get around to them "one day"

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2008, 07:49:56 pm »
I too started with the familiar which were Hondas except for the 490 Maico which was a revelation to me.
I 'spose the Maico made me consider other makes and now have all four jap bikes represented as well as three euros . I find them all 'cool' , especially the cz's at the moment!

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2008, 11:57:05 pm »
Hi my names Andrew and i'm a hoarder, Ive got as many bikes as i can afford and fit in my shed .If i had a bigger shed and didnt spend all my money on bikes i would  buy more bikes .??? Coz i can. As for my preference's of the 2 wheeled kind i'm a yamaha man ,just like my football team, Fords when i pick a side i stick with it . Good,bad & ugly. Although i do have a honda and a suzuki in the stable. I just like bikes.
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 17, 2008, 12:13:11 am »
people you are aware, that there is professional help if you need it. ;)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 12:14:57 am by vmx247 »
Best is in the West !!

YSS

« Reply #19 on: May 17, 2008, 10:04:26 am »
Yes VMX 247 , I have tought about ringing Sims Metalls to end it all . ;D

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 17, 2008, 10:19:02 am »
Hi - my names Tony and I am a Yamaholic  :-[.  I have 6 YZ's at the moment and still need 2 to complete the collection (100H and 465H).  1 runner, 2 projects underway and collecting parts for the others as I go.  I am continually working on them, only funds limit progress, so I don't consider myself one of those folks you are talking about  ::).

I have 3 hondas as well - a '99 Fireblade, a mower and a whipper snipper  ;D ;D
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2008, 10:25:41 am »
walter this is sims metal  victoria 0411607302  ring and they (we) will oranize  a truck to pick up your scrap metal

YSS

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2008, 10:34:38 am »
I will keep it in mind ,when I have a bad day again . ;D

husky61

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2008, 10:39:23 am »
Yeh Rossco

We had Maico's before all the others we are lucky to have and still do have a couple , and we also have honda's , kawasaki . yamaha, husky with honda motor,HL with Yamaha motor a suzuki and the big man rollo vver on this admission, some posties on the property, but there just something special about the Husky(hold the disparaging comments you comedians)that does it for me. Clean lines and superior performance.

Retentive and destroy all else , no Timmy only side cars as they are a health hazard. There are health professionals that can treat you Timmy. Perhaps some shock treatment may get you back on two wheels , if you prctice enough you will eventually drop the side trainer wheel.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2008, 11:01:46 am »
Husky61, I think you are standing on thin ice when you speak of three wheeled bikes in this way(above post).Do remember this is a free country to ride what we wish.
I can say we have had more injuries with two wheels in our family than three.
then again we might also get hit by a bus tomorrow.
please becareful of what you write about.
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2008, 11:45:52 am »
All tongue in cheek 247.you 3 wheelers are so sensitive , Barsby i feel for ya brother and there is only one fix .A trip to the nearest wreckers and a trawl through there old fork stack and finding a set of YZ250H forks just what i needed .AAAaaarrrggghhh i'm better now ,i just hope it lasts all week .
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

firko

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2008, 12:00:56 pm »
You are all pretenders. The World Hoarding Champion is a well known Euchareena sheep farmer/seat upholsterer/fibreglass parts manufacturer who has literally hundreds of Bultacos stored in various barns on the property. When he entered the vintage scene in the late 80s he had one Husky only. The Bultaco collection has grown since then. Many of us have been to the property and viewed the phenonemon and we've all walked away in amazement. There is every known Bultaco including a couple of rare Banditos,M11 Pursangs and a MK13 Pursang or two. Unfortunately he won't sell any of the bikes and there aren't enough years left in his life to restore all of them.

In recent times our hoarder has become disenchanted with our sport and its participants because he percieves an anti Bultaco sentiment within the sport. He's now venturing into jet boat racing. That doesn't mean that he's selling up, freeing hundreds of Bultacos back onto the market. Nosiree! He's keeping them.
And to think I copped a shitload from el Presidente of Club Bultaco for hinting that there may be an underbelly of eccentricity within the Bultaco movement. How stupid of me.

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2008, 12:09:08 pm »
Hilly

That was a top find mate  8)
Don't suppose they had any 465H carcases   ::)  Keep an eye out for 2 - I know you are looking for one too  ;)
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 12:14:09 pm by YZ250H »
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2008, 12:31:19 pm »
he will either be buried on the property with all those bike and thats a pity !!! or the family will be left with the task of looking after them  so i dare say they will be avail again one day for the furture men reliveing there youth   that will be involed with the sport  ;)

YSS

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2008, 01:52:23 pm »
Paul dont forget , he could take it all to Sims metall before he dies. ;D