Author Topic: Dead Man Walkin'  (Read 6069 times)

Offline TooFastTim

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Dead Man Walkin'
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2013, 09:11:36 pm »
Bloody hell mate. Close call. Hope you mend well.

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2013, 09:15:22 pm »
Hope you are fighting fit soon enough. Get well soon! Thanks for the wake up call too.

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2013, 09:44:31 pm »
First day back from leave yesterday had a 52 year old bloke suffer a cardiac arrest in the back of my ambulance. One shock and a bit of CPR and he was back talking to us. He asked what happened and I explained diplomatically that he had diedfor a couple of minutes. First thing he said was to apologise ! I kid you not. J PS well done on surviving yourself T Man look after yourself and look forward to your ongoing contributions on here.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2013, 10:02:29 pm »
My 93 year old mum's currently in a private rehab hospital getting a bit of a tune up. While I was visiting her today I looked at the activity board and noticed that next Monday they're having a CPR demo class for the old inmates. With Reds situation fresh on my mind I asked the administration clerk if I could "sit in" on the class and she said that I was not only welcome to sit in and watch my mum, she signed me up to do the class. I understand that it's not the full St Johns certificate course but if I learn enough to help keep some poor bastard alive until someone who knows his shit like Jerry with a Packer Wacker turns up it'll be worth my spending a couple of hours learning the basics.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 10:04:37 pm by firko »
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2013, 10:15:01 pm »
That's the go Firko, how's the " Madamme Barista del a Firko" coming along.....she's not giving the nurses too hard a time I hope.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2013, 10:22:48 pm by Davey Crocket »
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2013, 11:00:30 pm »
That's the go Firko, how's the " Madamme Barista del a Firko" coming along.....she's not giving the nurses too hard a time I hope
I've gotta give it to the old duck, she won a watch in the Trivia contest yesterday, won a box of Whittakers chocolates at Bingo today and tomorrow she's giving the other old patients a talk on her travels around the world back in the 60's and 70's. I take little Reggie along to see her every day and she and the little fella have become quite the hits of the place. One of the nurses takes Reg around the rooms to visit old dears that are bed ridden. She lifts him up onto their beds and the little bloke gives 'em a lick on the hand or face and both he and the old dears love it. Mum's doing fine, is doing aquarobics in the pool in the morning and gym work in the arvo but having a great old whinge about the shit food and not being able to get a decent cup of coffee. The Capuchino machine I gave her for Mothers Day has spoiled her forever ;D. One good thing is that she gets a glass of Sauvignon Blanc with lunch and dinner. They can have her for as long as they like but it looks like she'll be home next week :-\.

How are you travelling John boy? The lady in the bed next to mum broke both of her hips and a femur when she fell of a balcony at her daughters place when the railing let go. Like you she's lucky as shit and is now, a week after her surgery walking up and down the place with her walking frame.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2013, 11:55:00 pm »
I'm getting better every day Mark, hobbling around on crutches, I will probably be off work for another month or so but I'm not in a hurry....my boys have taken over the workshop so at the moment I'm quite happy to sit back and get fit and healthy again and then ill re-assess things after that. I'm definitely going to smell the roses more though.
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2013, 07:14:39 am »
Note to self. Start hanging out with doctors and paramedic types  ;D

Offline bishboy

• Legend
  • Toowoomba
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2013, 08:30:24 am »
Glad to hear you're ok, just goes to show that you never know whats around the corner.

Had a bit of drama with the old man on the weekend.  He had a trip to the hospital on Monday in an ambulance after after difficulty breathing.  They checked him out, found an irregular heart beat and where admitting him.  He then convinced them to let him go home as he had to pack 3 dozen orchids (he grows them commercially) to have them ready for the courier that afternoon.  So mum picked him up, he went home and they packed the orchids and then mum takes him back to the hospital to be admitted.  He's back home and everything is ok, but what the .... ::)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 08:33:19 am by bishboy »

Offline TooFastTim

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2013, 08:36:09 am »
when she fell of a balcony at her daughters place when the railing let go.

Is this a Sydney thing?  ???

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2013, 08:57:54 am »
Welcome back Tahitian. As has already been said you're one lucky dude to have assistance near-by.
That makes me wonder how many VMXers are trained in CPR. I know we have a heap of brain surgeons in our midst :D
On the other hand I wouldn't want Brad to give me mouth to mouth. :D :D :D

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2013, 09:01:07 am »
Sounds like you nearly did the ‘Big End’
Glad you were able to keep it rubber side down Red.
Don’t slow up to smell the roses, just keep it pinned

My brother had some stints put in many years back, reckons he felt turbocharged afterwards as his heart didn’t have to work so hard after the hydraulic lines were cleared.

Note to self. Start hanging out with doctors and paramedic types  ;D
Note to self; careful how much shit I hang on paramedic types :D
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline 09.0

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2013, 11:13:34 am »
Welcome back Tahitian. As has already been said you're one lucky dude to have assistance near-by.
That makes me wonder how many VMXers are trained in CPR. I know we have a heap of brain surgeons in our midst :D
On the other hand I wouldn't want Brad to give me mouth to mouth. :D :D :D
Sorry mate but if you need it from me, you ain't gunna make it  ;D

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2013, 11:43:46 am »
Sounds like the Lone Ranger when he got bit on the bum by a rattler.....Tonto wasn't goin' there. :D

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2013, 03:05:13 pm »
Stents guys, stents.. my old man has 5 of them! great little invention.

guy down the corner had a turn and they slipped a stent into a small restriction in his main artery.

turns out he had a car crash 50 years ago and the steering wheel whacked him in the chest, left a little dint in his artery..... amazing what can bite years later.

another old mate was feeling second hand and went to the quacks, breathless after a short walk etc. Quack says "I've booked you into a stress test, we will find out whats wrong"

The test was cancelled at the last minute  but he was still feeling crook so he went to casualty. the doc on shift took one look at him, whistled up an ambo and rushed him to melb for a quadruple bypass!!

This is a man who doesn't drink or smoke (is a diabetic though) he was very lucky, the Stress Test would have killed him stone dead.

One thing about life... no one gets out alive... ;D :D

any sign of the almighty while you were over there??